Sisters - Subtitled "No, I didn't have a Merry Christmas."

Misti26

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 09:00 pm
Msolga, take heart. I sometimes feel as you do, but deep down I love my sister, and I know I would feel so guilty if something were to happen to her, because more times than not I've been very mean to her because she pushes all those buttons in my and seems to enjoy it.

I do know she means well, I just wish I could remember that when she triggers all the rotten, witchiness and mean to the core feelings in me.

Hugs, Jen
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 09:07 pm
Thank you Jen/Misti

Actually, I don't think this one is fixable. I tried for years, but no go ...
A long, long story & I've learned to live with what's happened. A ptiy, but that's just the way it is, I'm afraid.

A happy new year to you in Florida!

Love,
Olga
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 09:25 pm
msolga - be strong. Wink I haven't had a very happy familyt, either. Sad

Swimpy - I have no idea who you are, but I am still sorry about your sister. Smile Be strong. Wink
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 10:04 pm
Roberta, I am so sorry to hear of your mothers death. I hope you gain some small comfort here as well. These stories will I hope bring everyone closer to those they love and those lost.
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 10:10 pm
I object to your signature Ceila, because it neglects to add that life is also a disease. It's making it sound like life is something GOOD. That's discrimating against the undead.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 10:24 pm
Twisted, we're welcoming to you, but be wary of knocking people here, such as Ceili, right off the bat. Many of us, even wimpy me, would fight for Ceily.

suggestion - you are already welcome, just float and read a bit. Many of us will answer back and forth and argue.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 10:47 pm
My Sig is - Life is sexually transmitted. (I may change it again soon)
I'm thinking twisted has a sense of humour. My signature line is only meant to make people think. Twisted did just that.
Just in case, I will rebut.
I make no judgement, on any objection my signature line may raise, however I don't believe for one minute life is a disease. I think it's a gift and it's yours to make a decision whether it be a good or bad life, by your own definition - of course.
As for discriminating the dead - interesting thought. I would never had seen it thusly, but no, I admire anyone who has lived an interesting existence.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 11:34 pm
Twisted, you have totally misread Ceili ... she is totally trustworthy, sincere, and a true friend to A2k members!
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 11:48 pm
Swimpy, I'm sorry for your loss.

I had three sisters, all older than I, the middle one who was seven years older than me got killed in a car accident. I was thirteen at the time so I didn't get to know her very long. The thing is, she and I were closest, she wasn't a tomboy per se but like me, she was a car enthusiast and we shared music interest etc.

Her teen life at home wasn't very happy, my parents were sort of strict and she was very different from them and they clashed often. She ran away from home two weeks before her eighteenth birthday, that really shook the family up.

Turns out she was with her boyfriend to whom she married just out of high school, that lasted only a year or two. During part of that time my parents wouldn't allow her to visit home so my other sisters and I would sneak to see her. We understood why she left, my parents were unwilling to let her bend the house rules. Eventually they allowed her to visit home and sort of made up but friction was still apparent.

Of course we were all devistated when we lost her, my parents most of all. I loved being near her and she always treated me special so I only have good memories to hold on to, I like that.

My other two sisters are five and ten years older than I, we are all close. With the age difference, they had moved from home and started their lives while I was still pretty young so I didn't really get to know them til much later. We stay in touch and have had similar life experiences so we are each others support group etc., I like that too. I know some people who don't get along with or hardly ever speak to or see their siblings, that is very sad.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 11:49 pm
not sure, then, re twisted ferret. Acting familiar but doesnt know us. Sorry twisted if I am wrong, but a whole bunch of posts cause concern. We know our Ceili.
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 12:31 am
Eh, that was a joke... Not meant to offend anyone... Sad Now I'm all sad.

@Ceili: Well, YOU at least seemed to understand... Smile I like your sig; that's whi I mentrioned it. I think it's very interesting & intelligent.

What about, "Undeath is salivally (is that a word?) transmitted"? (I.e., Vampires etc.?) Laughing Just a joke people...

@osso: Why exactly does a bunch of posts cause concerns? Seems to me that would just an alleviation of boredrom,b/c then you have a bunch of posts to reply to. All it signifies is a bored person on the internet who likes forums and has nothing else to do...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 12:38 am
That may be. I am not so sure I am right, but I am sort of weirded by your posts, speaking for myself. No, not all of them. We'd all much rather talk to you straight, what e'er your points of view.
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 12:42 am
Ah. I see. You mistake my youthful exuberance and good humor for some sort of wierdness. I will now commence to be somber and sane.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 02:40 am
msolga wrote:
Thank you Jen/Misti

A long, long story & I've learned to live with what's happened. A ptiy, but that's just the way it is, I'm afraid.

Yes, I know, too < saddly knodding>
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 02:44 am
Ceili, Thanks for your words of condolence.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 07:00 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
msolga wrote:
Thank you Jen/Misti

A long, long story & I've learned to live with what's happened. A pity, but that's just the way it is, I'm afraid.

Yes, I know, too < saddly knodding>

You too, Walter? <sigh>
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 01:19 pm
Well, gosh thanks osso and misti.

No worries twisted.

Your welcome Roberta.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 06:30 pm
Olga, I may have mislead all of you into thinking that my sister and I had a good relationship.
This was not the case, but I did love her. She had never forgiven me for something I did more than thirty years ago. No matter what I did, she could never forget it. About four years ago, she stopped talking to me. She had her reasons, but they were not rational ones. Every time she saw me she would get very upset. So I kept my distance. She was a tortured soul.

When she was in the hospital, she finally was able to be warm toward me. Maybe she knew she was dying. She let me hold her hand and kiss her forehead. That meant the world to me.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 07:02 pm
Swimpy, I'm so glad she was able to accept your love and kindness.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 07:25 pm
innie - keep your sister close. See what many of us older folks on A2K have for relationships with our sisters and don't let you and your sister's ever get sour.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:47:04