Why is there no sound coming out of my computer? Can someone please help me fix this?

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 08:23 pm
I am having an issue with my PC-I have some speakers attached to the tower of my PC. They're turned on, and when I go to play a CD or play a web viral on my desktop no sound is coming out of them. I try playing an audio thing without the speakers-before I could hear a slight noise coming from the back of my tower, but now I don't hear anything coming out of the back of my computer except buzzing. I don't know if it's an issue with the speakers or the tower. I need to use the speakers for something important tonight- can someone please help me out?

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 08:28 pm
@JGoldman10,
Any or all of the following might fix it:

Go to Control Panel and check the settings for Sound to be sure your audio devices are still defined correctly.

If not, fix it. If so, try unplugging and replugging the audio devices so that the PC can detect it as a new device.

Power off the computer and reboot it.

If plugged into a USB port, move it to a different USB port.
panzade

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 08:35 pm
Like flutterby said
http://driverupdate.net/articles/fix-no-sound-manual
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 08:55 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thank you-I went to Control Panel and went to Audio Devices-the volume was down. I fixed that-the issue was resolved. My speakers work.
0 Replies