Buying phosphoric acid from china to india .

Tue 8 Feb, 2011 12:10 am
I am one the oldest consumer of phosphoric acid 85% technical grade in india .
I have been purchasing phosphoric acid 85% technical grade from one of the Indian trader . Now i am planing to buy phosphoric acid 85% technical grade directly from china . This is going to be my first experience and i am worried about the deal . Please suggest me , How to hunt respected and honest organisation , How to negotiate the price to lower and other duty for importing the products , How to believe if any company asking for advance payment .

Thanks in anticipation

PRADEEP SINGH
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 17 • Views: 12,291 • Replies: 17
Topic Closed
No top replies

Ionus

Tue 8 Feb, 2011 12:20 am
@pradeep072,
See if there is an India-China trade association. Also contact your government's export/import organisation. See if a company that has trade dealings with China will advise. Also contact the Chinese embassy trade secretary. You will also need a lawyer.
0 Replies

Hugo Silva

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 10:31 am
@pradeep072,
Hello Pradeep

My name is hugo and I'm from Brazil. My company is also a phosphoric acid consumer (currently, we buy from a local supplier). We buy around 40 to 80 tons of that good per month.
I wonder if you discovered any honest organization that supplies phosphoric acid in China. Could you tell me?

Best Regards

Hugo Silva
vinachemical

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 05:55 am
Dear Friends,
without lefting the E-mail adress, how could I reach you?
Coz, here is forbited to post my selling message.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 12:40 pm
@pradeep072,
pradeep072 wrote:
How to hunt respected and honest organisation ,

Start with alibaba.com, they are a large b2b website listing many Chinese manufacturers, importers, and exporters. I did a quick search and found dozens of Chinese companies offering phosphoric acid there.

Quote:
How to negotiate the price to lower and other duty for importing the products ,

Usually if you buy in large quantities you can get discounts, additionally, if you accept shipping terms that do not put all the risk on them they can price accordingly.

As for duty that is a tax from your country and usually not negotiable. The Chinese manufacturer has no control over Indian import taxes.

Quote:
How to believe if any company asking for advance payment .

Sometimes you can order smaller samples and establish a working relationship with less risk, but you are asking a very generic business question. You could fly over to meet them like some people do (when I imported from China and Malaysia our company flew out to speak to them in person).

But if you want you can also negotiate shipping terms more favorable to you (e.g. see here for examples of common ones).

In my experience, once they trust you a bit more they will be willing to change payment terms, so often you pay in advance the first orders and in the future they give you payment terms like net 30 or somesuch.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 12:41 pm
And to the person who put the "viral marketing" tag on this, this isn't such a case and such tags are unhelpful even when it is the case.
msolga

Thu 29 Mar, 2012 02:13 am
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
And to the person who put the "viral marketing" tag on this, this isn't such a case and such tags are unhelpful even when it is the case.

I wasn't sure what "viral marketing" actually is so I did a bit of Googling.
This is Wikipedia's definition:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_marketing

I guess A2Kers can make up their own minds about what constitutes viral marketing or not.

The main reason I'm posting here is because I'm a bit confused, Robert.
I spend quite a bit of time here & always report spam when I come across it.
I don't think any of us want to see a lot of spam clogging up the site & discourage it as best we can. We've been encouraged to do that.

This is what I'm confused about: this thread & a few others I've noticed just now (regarding imports from China) I would probably report as spam along with all the others. (I would definitely consider alibaba.com as spam).

What I'm asking, I guess, is: is promotional material from these (Chinese importing) businesses considered to be in a different category to (similar marketing) spam from India, the US, UK, Australia, etc?

msolga

Thu 29 Mar, 2012 02:47 am
@msolga,
Oops.

Obviously in my last sentence I meant to say: is promotional material from these (Chinese exporting) businesses considered to be in a different category to (similar marketing) spam from India, the US, UK, Australia, etc?

And before that, I was referring to exports from China.

Sorry to be confusing.
0 Replies

investcombine

Fri 31 Aug, 2012 01:46 am
@Hugo Silva,
Dear Hugo
Can you give me names of some phosphoric acid manufacturers in Brazil. Also would it be possible to talk to you in person sometime. I myself am a consumer of Phosphoric acid.

My email address is [email protected]... if u can just send me ur contact details for the same.
0 Replies

arihant

Fri 12 Oct, 2012 12:41 pm
@Hugo Silva,
Hi Hugo,
I am looking for manufacturer of food grade phosphoric acid from Brazil. If you can help me finding reliable manufacturers i shall be thankful. My email is [email protected]. thanks Maneesh
0 Replies

Romen esko

Mon 19 Nov, 2012 01:16 am
@pradeep072,
Hello Friends,

Phosphoric acid may be used as a "rust converter", by direct application to rusted iron, steel tools, or surfaces. Phosphoric acid is also used as an etchant, a chelant, an electrolyte, a household/industrial cleaner, etc.
colorless and transparent or light-colored thick lucid;pour phosphoric acid is colorless and smell-less crystal and has a sour taste;melts at 42.4 and boils at 260;has relative density of 1.70(water=1)(pour 1.87),a relative vapor density of 3.38 and a saturation wapor pressure (kpa) 0.67(pour at 25);miscible in water and ethyl alcohol.
USE:
1.Phosphoric Acid technicalgrade:used for treating activated carton and metal surfaces,feedstock of phosphate,catalyst for organic chemcial reactions,and additive of five-proof materials.
2.Food grade phosphate:served as cleaner and acidity in food and dring;nutrient for yeast;and feedstock of phosphates.

Best Regards
Romen Esko
0 Replies

mackede

Tue 11 Dec, 2012 07:38 pm
@pradeep072,
i'm mac from china,who is supplier of phosphoric acid
now china government had exporting duty on phosphoric acid with TECH grade
so most of clients are willing to purchasing PA with food grade
if any needs,pls email me by [email protected]
bergs
joeshi100

Thu 14 Mar, 2013 08:33 am
We are going to have a production in US, which will consume >=85% phosphoric acid (food grade is OK). We may need 20 tons per month. Is it true that buying this amount of phosphoric acid is cheaper from China (after adding the shipping cost) than from US? Or does US still manufacture phosphoric acid?
[email protected]
0 Replies

Amedeo

Wed 24 Apr, 2013 02:37 am
First of all

This is important to know that the company from China is legal or not...
Before the deal ready the proper documentation of your deal. It is the safety point for you..

If company justified than go for the business
0 Replies

abhimenon

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 04:29 am
@mackede,
I am interested in buying merchant grade from china. Do u have any duty imposed to export merchant grade phosphoric acid?..
Please reply to "[email protected]"
0 Replies

abhimenon

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 04:31 am
@mackede,
Hi Mackede, Is there anyway i can contact you on phone?

Could you drop me your phone number on my e-mail address - [email protected]
0 Replies

glebevill

Fri 14 Nov, 2014 04:08 am
O huess china sells good grade of this. You can check the online source..
0 Replies

sourcinginchina

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 02:04 am
@pradeep072,
1: find supply and get quotation
2: ask a local broker to customer clearance for you in india

thanks
0 Replies