House of 1000 Corpses

quinn1

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 06:36 pm
I picked this DVD up in a sale pile as a gaggle of Horror Flicks for a gift and I wanted to watch them before gving them to the 18 yr old, just to make sure all was well and all that.

I was pleasantly surprised, however she aint getting it. For a girl who just recently stopped saying H E double hockey sticks...ummm, no. Not by me at least. The in your face language struck me doubfounded for a second or two, but then, it all worked together eventually. I had hit play and gone into the kitchen to get a drink and snack when I heard the lovely ramblings of some madman...I watched that again as it was interesting twist that cracked me up when I realized what was going on.

Heres the thing though. For those who really truely enjoy a good horror flick, I gotta say--see this if you havent already. Ive seen it at the video store but, havent rented it..thinking..'oh my..not another bad horror flick'. Now, its a keeper and a favorite.

I can see where quite alot of people would have bad things to say about this flick..but, you know what..I dont care. If it wasn't Rob Zombie, if it had more well know cast members..would you like it better? Probably,for you at least, and it would have ruined it. Phooey...and to each his own..find your own film and quit griping about what you dont like and how that should be everyones favorites.
For those who could care less on who wrote and directed a film, would actually enjoy a decent flick that wasnt corny, wasnt all digital effects, and had laughs, a plot, good acting, etc...well, make sure you dont miss it.
It is a combination of all the great horror flicks, which is funny if you're a fan, but, I think that just adds to its appeal. And although its not filled with top actors, they did the job very well...and hysterically to boot...but, Im sick and twisted so...I dont know...could be just me.

Has anyone else seen it AND enjoyed it?

And if you must come in here and tell me that you didnt like it and why...please explain what type of horror fan you are as I think this has a great deal to do with your perception of such a film. And if you're not a horror fan..well..you know what..you shouldnt have watched it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 606 • Replies: 1
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 01:11 pm
Loved it. I thought it was an inspired tribute to shlock horror.
0 Replies