Stephen Colbert advises TV Host on 'Palin Fatigue'

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 06:44 am

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/371413/january-18-2011/mika-brzezinski-experiences-palin-fatigue
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,953 • Replies: 2
No top replies

McTag

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 07:56 am
@hingehead,

Damn, these videos are not available in Britain.

But Palin certainly has got a lot of publicity recently. All bad, though.
hingehead

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 08:05 am
@McTag,
I'm so sorry about that McTag, they work in Oz, and you're closer! Maybe it's because no UKTV channels broadcast the show? We've got two here that do so maybe they figure if we can tape it they may as well just let us have a stream.

It was an interest Colbert piece in that he got to actually say what he felt about Palin (rather than the character he plays) by imagining what the journo he as addressing was thinking - it was pretty vicious in it's accuracy, cruel but fair if you will.

Here's two alternative links that may work for you:
http://my.firedoglake.com/twolf1/2011/01/19/stephen-colbert-on-mika-brzezinskis-palin-fatigue/
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/stephen-colbert-reduces-sarah-palin-to-a-media-troll-via-pep-talk-to-mika-brzezinski/

If not here's a snippet of the transcript:
Quote:
I know you think this story has no purpose other than keeping Sarah Palin’s name in the headlines for another news cycle.

I know you think she has nothing to offer the national dialog and that her speeches are just coded talking points mixed in with words picked up at random from a Thesaurus.

I know you think Sarah Palin is at best a self-promoting ignoramus and at worst a shameless media troll who will abuse any platform to deliver dog-whistle encouragement to a far right base, that may include possible insurrectionists.

I know you think her reality show was pathetically unstatesmanlike and at the same time I know you believe it represents the pinnacle of her potential. And that her transparent desperation to be a celebrity so completely eclipsed her interest in public service so long ago that there would be more journalistic integrity on reporting on of the lesser Kardashians’ ass implants.

I know, i know that when you arrive at the office each day you say a silent prayer that maybe, just maybe, Sarah Palin will at long last just shut up for just ten f*cking minutes. I know because I can see it in your eyes.

Well, guess what, Mika that’s the gig. And it’s only January of 2011, kiddo. And you have a minimum of two more years of this ahead of you. You want to stay in this game? You dig deep. You find another gear. You show up to work every day and get your hear and makeup done. You slap on a smile, get out there on TV and repeat what Sarah Palin said on Hannity last night right into the lens.

I have faith in you, kid. You can do it. See you in New Hampshire. I’ll buy.

0 Replies