How powerful will China become

Ozz

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 05:33 am
>1300 million people. 10x the population of Japan and just as smart. You name it they in the long run will make it!
Some guestaments abot the future.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 4,150 • Replies: 16
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 06:21 am
@Ozz,
They will practically rule the world for the next 100 years or so. How's that for a prediction.
dyslexia

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 10:00 am
@rosborne979,
paranoid much?
talk72000

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 03:45 pm
@Ozz,
I don't think so. There are a lot of problems - pollution, illiteracy, lack of agriculural land, corruption, desertification, etc.
NoSuchThing

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 05:49 pm
@Ozz,
How far (powerful) will a supertanker (china w/1.3billion people) travel (become) before it comes to a stop (when it reaches the peak). It's all a matter of statistical trending.
0 Replies

ninasen

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 03:03 am
@talk72000,
I agree with you.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 03:19 am
@Ozz,
Ozz wrote:

>1300 million people. 10x the population of Japan and just as smart. You name it they in the long run will make it!
Some guestaments abot the future.

It is so funny to see the level of ignorance in some of these responses. China's govenerment has a positive economic growth where as the US has a negative one. Sure there are a lot of social problems in china, but they are being solved daily. Things are improving there dramatically where as in the US things are getting worse.

The reality is, the US is reverting back to a third world country and china is progressing forward and improving.

Some people just refuse to acknowledge it is happening. They like to wallow in their own ignorance thinking if they don't actually look at the information it isn't happening.
siya287

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 06:28 am
@Krumple,
I agree with you
0 Replies

Frankwall

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 08:38 am
@No Such Thing. I'd agree with you on that point. The development has been impressive but of course lots of people fear its a bubble that will crash spectacularly. Here's to hoping things continue the way they are. But always treat such things with caution...look at the Irish - riding the wave of an economic boom before a sudden spectacular collapse.
Krumple

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 07:26 pm
@Frankwall,
Frankwall wrote:

The development has been impressive but of course lots of people fear its a bubble that will crash spectacularly.

No, chinas economic growth is not a bubble. The reason they have positive growth is because a huge majority of industries that use to exist in the US now reside in china. Pretty much 90% of the products that are sold in the the US come from other countries. We import just about everything that is consumed. This makes other countries wealthy as far as workers go because they have secure jobs.

Not only that but there are a lot of natural resources in China that the US does not have. As well the restrictions on polution and environmental impacts from corporations is much lower guidelines. I find it funny because the US is trying to strong arm china to increase these guidelines as if we have the right to dictate how other countries regulate their businesses. China says no because they realize this is what caused problems for the US. When you increase these restrictions you make running a business more expensive and thus businesses want to reduce overhead not increase it.

This is why many corporations in the US left to go develope in other countries. Less restrictions means more profit. Yes I know there would also be lower wages but that is not the only reason. The biggest reason for going to another country is less restrictions on guidelines and managing polution.

So to recap, china's economic growth is not a bubble. It is stable with having abundant natural resources. Which means they don't have to import anything to manufacture their products. Also if the US stops buying their goods, china is still okay because they will start consuming these same products locally. The jobs are local and the customers would then be local. This shores up any economic growth. Where as since the US doesn't produce anything, it has fewer jobs and nothing to sell locally.

The US is becoming a third world country although no one wants to admit it. It did it to itself by imposing high levels of restrictions on how industries opperate and requring certificates for everything. Everything needs to be certified in the US to run these days and that causes massive overhead even before you start making anything. Corporations understand this becomes a huge problem for profits and decide to go to other countries to reduce this overhead.

In the US we are losing an average of 300,000 jobs monthly. This is not sustainable nor does the government actually admit to it. They try to claim that unemployment is around 8 to 9% which is a fat lie. I actually think the real numbers are around 35 to 40% unemployment. However; they would never admit to it because it would cause widespead panic. Not to mention that is higher than during the great depression.

The reason why the numbers are higher than they resport is because when someone loses their job they get unemployment. But as soon as their unemployment runs out, they stop being counted. It doesn't mean they got a new job at all, the government just stops counting them as being unemployed which is a horrible way to keep records. So it is as if these people don't even exists any more. This is why the US can lie and say that unemployment is around 9% because they are miscounting all the people who have fallen off the unemployment list.
Frankwall

Reply Mon 21 May, 2012 03:22 am
@Krumple,
I have to say Krumple that you have interesting points. I would agree with you on several of them. However, do you have any source that the US is hiding unemployment statistics? Hopefully the Chinese economy is not a bubble, I am just quoting several articles which I have read. It is a good point about the lack of restrictions in the Chinese market.
But the growth is still spectacular. Checkout this stat about the rise China's GDP for instance. You really believe there is no chance of a crash given such rapid growth?

Krumple

Reply Mon 21 May, 2012 05:29 am
@Frankwall,
Frankwall wrote:

I have to say Krumple that you have interesting points. I would agree with you on several of them. However, do you have any source that the US is hiding unemployment statistics?

Well there are several sources. But probably the best is studying how the US collects and calculates unemployment. They claim that they can't actually count the actual number of employed or unemployed but that in itself is not accurate. They have several sources of information that would help them to check if their numbers were right but they never use these other sources of data collecting to determine if their reported 8-9% is right.

There are political reasons not to report the accurate number and rather than shoot themselves in the foot and minus the extra work, why not just falsely report? Who's going to check the homework anyways right?

One of my sources is the http://www.shadowstats.com/

Although it calculates a bit lower than I have. Regardless though, the fact is the US government does not report the accurate numbers. Not only that but every month after the latest report they always revise them. Why would you need to revise them? Not only that but the revised numbers are always worse than the actual reported numbers.

Frankwall wrote:

Hopefully the Chinese economy is not a bubble, I am just quoting several articles which I have read. It is a good point about the lack of restrictions in the Chinese market.

I think these articles you are reading are wanting this to be true because then it doesn't look so bad for the US if they are also riding a bubble. I find it funny for two reasons. Before the housing crisis talking about economic bubbles got you a laugh and deemed crazy person.

If you mentioned anything about housing prices can not continue to rise by 20% annually people would point and laugh and tell you get go back and take an ecomonics course. I know because I was telling friends and friends of friends about it and all I got was critism until the crisis hit.

This whole problem is caused by the FED artifically setting low interests rates. They shouldn't be this low yet they continue to do it. We are actually walkinig ourselves back into another bubble and they know it, but they don't care because short term profits for corporate investers is all they care about.

They don't care about the blue collar workers who are trying to purchase homes. I garantee that if the FED doesn't raise interests rates we will see another bubble, perhaps an even worse one because they will try to hide it for as long as they can until the same result happens.

The only way to fix this and to prevent it from happening again is to not allow the FED to manipulate interest rates. But I doubt this will ever happen. The government wants full control of the money supply.

Frankwall wrote:

But the growth is still spectacular. Checkout this stat about the rise China's GDP for instance. You really believe there is no chance of a crash given such rapid growth?

There are a couple reasons why this is peaking and strong economic growth. The more money they are generating the more industries they are essentially investing in. When interest rates are high, companies naturally fall into research and development mode. Something the US has forgotten all about. When this happens there is a boom in saving and investing which is also another thing the US has forgotten about.

You see the US counts consuming as part of their GDP. But GDP has NOTHING to do with comsuming. It is about goods and services that are being developed, not comsumed. There is a difference but the US doesnt' care because the government is desperate to show positive numbers which we haven't actually been able to do for over a decade now.

So chinas GDP numbers are mountains over the US because they are generating goods and services an increased rate. If you compare it to the US you would see the US numbers dropping dramatically because we don't produce any goods or services anymore. All we do is consume the labor of other countries and sell our people debt to do it. They barrow money to buy goods produced by foreign labor which goes into the pockets of foreign companies. That money has to come back to balance the equasion and it comes back in the form of massive debt.

The chinese are buying US debt which goes right back into their GDP numbers and only boosts their economy even more like steroids. The only way China would see a reduction is if the US stopped buying back their debt which they probably won't. Or the US starts producing goods and services again locally. Which I highly doubt because the cost to run a business is getting harder not easier.

We are on a route of no return. Things will continue to get worse and worse until the people realize that our politicians and current govenmental policies are to blame. The government wants to blame other countries and the "failure" of capitalism but those are just scapegoats. Capitalism is fine as long as the goverment doesn't interfere with it, like the FED does.
0 Replies

jemssmith29

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 12:04 am
@dyslexia,
Their Goverment is very powerful.
0 Replies

mackllinvinger

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 06:21 am
i think china hava a beto power.
Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 06:35 am
@mackllinvinger,
What the hell is "beto" supposed to mean?
McGentrix

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 06:58 am
@Setanta,
Probably meant "veto".

Wasn't similar things said about Japan in the 80's?
0 Replies

anneyours224

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2012 08:43 pm
Very good battling of replies. Well for me I agree that China is growing rapidly, despite the social problems they have. They do care much about the foreign investors going in. Here's what I notice that most of the products that we buy are produced in china. This really should be a wake-up call for the US to improve what they needed to improve.
0 Replies