Road To Super Bowl, 2011. You Can Pretend To Know About The NFL!

BillRM

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 04:05 pm
Black Eyed Peas not getting paid for Superbowl Halftime show
February 7th, 2011 1:04 am CTDo you like this Article?
According to Forbes, the Black Eyed Peas, who performed as the stars of this years Superbowl Halftme show,will not be getting paid for their performance.

In fact, neither will Slash or Usher.

Apparently, most acts that perform at the Super Bowl Halftime show are not paid for their time. Most artists do it for exposure and exposure alone, which is worth it’s weight in compensation through free PR and record sales.

Many musicians who play the halftime slot see significant boosts in record sales following the twelve-minute stint, and even Janet Jackson’s famous flash got her more than her share of free, no pun intended, "exposure". Last year, a record 106.5 million viewers tuned in to the Super Bowl and even those who had little to no interest in the game at least tuned it for the commercials and the halftime show.

This years concert featured the Black Eyed Peas, as well as, “surprise” appearances by Gun’s and Roses legendary guitarist, Slash and Usher. Slash performed ”Sweet Child of Mine” while Fergie attempted the Axl Rose hip gyration to everyone’s horror. Usher mixed things up by flying down from the nation’s largest LCD flat screen into the splits and singing, “Oh My God” as a couple hundred back-up dancers did a lot of Running-Mans with boxes on their heads.

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 04:12 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Apparently, most acts that perform at the Super Bowl Halftime show are not paid for their time. Most artists do it for exposure and exposure alone, which is worth it’s weight in compensation through free PR and record sales.

That, plus an all expenses LAVISHLY paid four day party..Thing is though for the couple of minutes that you are working you need to come through with quality..Xtina for sure and BEP's probably damaged their career in the process.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 05:30 pm
Before everyone wanders off from this football thread, please note that I have moved on to a new thread. Please check it out.
It's Back! The Great Big A2K 2011 Fantasy Baseball Game!
I forgot to mention that the prize this year is an autographed photo of Tico. 2nd place gets 2 of them and so on. Whomever finishes last has to endure 12 or 14 of them.
I need a commissioner. League registration starts tomorrow.
jespah

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 05:50 pm
@realjohnboy,
Link to the fantasy baseball game, 2011 style: http://able2know.org/topic/167552-1

Come one, come all, have fun.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 05:53 pm
and, the winner is:

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 06:39 pm
Super Bowl Security Breached As Regular Football Fan Finds Way Into Stadium
www.onionsportsnetwork.com
ARLINGTON, TX—Security officials admitted Monday that 25-year-old Michael Thillens, a normal Packers fan with no connection to any corporate sponsor or multimillion-dollar Dallas business, somehow entered Cowboys Stadium and was able to watch his te...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 08:41 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
Before everyone wanders off from this football thread, please note that I have moved on to a new thread. Please check it out.
It's Back! The Great Big A2K 2011 Fantasy Baseball Game!
I forgot to mention that the prize this year is an autographed photo of Tico. 2nd place gets 2 of them and so on. Whomever finishes last has to endure 12 or 14 of them.
I need a commissioner. League registration starts tomorrow.

Wait a sec ... you mean if I win the Fantasy Baseball league again -- and odds are I will -- my prize is an autographed pic of myself? Sweet!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 05:23 pm
Apparently Beyoncé will headline the halftime show of Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans on February 3, 2013. So in reverse order, the last 3 Super Bowl halftime shows have featured Beyoncé (and I assume surprise guests); Madonna with LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A., and Cee Lo Green; The Black Eyed Peas with Usher and Slash. REALLY? Doesn't anyone remember Super Bowl XLIV in 2010 when The Who rocked that show? Or in 2009 when Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band were awesome? Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers in 2008?

I guess the Super Bowl is more of a media and marketing event than an actual football game so they can have Top 40 pop music. Cool
0 Replies