BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 08:45 pm
@ossobuco,
You may not read me however I still wonder how the past non-equal treatment of women related to the now non-equal treatment of men under our criminal laws?

Side note I was all for the ERA in the 60s.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 08:54 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I've only skimmed the last few pages. You seem quite piggy, hawkeye,
what is that...a complaint about the aesthetics not matching your appetite? Isnt that the same as saying " you can like what ever you like so long as you like what I like?"
ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 09:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
No, it's related to what I take as a lack of common sense by you, a seeming blugeoning dullard.
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 09:17 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
a seeming blugeoning dullard.

It is kind of fun Hawleye to see how fast they can reach for an insult.

Do they perhaps thinks this kind of behavior reflect well on them?

Or is it just used as a tool to frighten others away from postings who might be thinking of agreeing with us?

More then likely it is just their characters flaws that they share in common coming out.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 10:03 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

No, it's related to what I take as a lack of common sense by you, a seeming blugeoning dullard.
Oh, I see....its the lack of blind acceptance of the conventional wisdom....the actual looking at the accepted assertions to see if there is any truth to them...

I take that as a compliment.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 10:09 pm
I've often wondered, Bill & hawkeye, how the two of you manage to be on exactly the same thread/s, at exactly at the same time .
One minute, neither of you are here.
Next minute, the two of you, going full bore!
How exactly do you manage that? Confused Wink
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 11:45 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
I've often wondered, Bill & hawkeye, how the two of you manage to be on exactly the same thread/s, at exactly at the same time .
I have no idea what Bill does, but I am on a computer often through the day working on business stuff, and I am using my phone to get on line a lot now that I have an Android. I pop in a lot over the day, and so when Bill starts saying interesting things I am likely to catch them and respond before too very long. Sometimes we agree, like on men's rights issues, sometimes we disagree, like on the Wisconsin government/union fight.

You might have noticed that I dont care if someone agrees with me or not, I care if you have an interesting well thought out view that is supported by reality as I know it, and in my opinion Bill often does. Another thing that I like and respect about Bill is that he seems to be able to go from thread to thread without carrying grudges, which is something that sometimes feels rare at A2K. Because I like interacting with Bill and because I find it profitable I probably do so more than I do with most other people.
BillRM

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 04:54 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
well thought out view that is supported by reality as I know it, and in my opinion Bill often does.

Thanks...............and the same back to you Very Happy

Quote:
sometimes we disagree, like on the Wisconsin government/union fight.

How dare you be so wrong as to disagree with me? Laughing

In any case, time will tell in the Wisconsin matter.

Oh, we also are disagreeing somewhat on this thread in if Dosed likely started this thread with a honest question or not given her now known education and career goals. Also given her complete change of tone later on in the thread.

0 Replies

lockeWiggins

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:08 am
@ossobuco,
When all intellegent arguments have fled, all that remains is insult!
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 05:14 am
To me the original poster was not raped, she seems more annoyed because she may have lost her virginity and done it with witnesseses present, plus her friend (Who was sobber) witnessed and allowed the deed to proceed. The law may say something, but the reality is another.

She may have blackouts the next day, but may have appeared sobber the nite before (as strong alcohol tends to hit the blood harder during sleep time making you feel worse in the morning than you did the previous evening)

I have personal experience of rape, a close friend was raped, while walking to my brother in laws house, she was drunk, didn't say "no" but the guy kicked her teeth out, broke her ribs and left her in a bloody mess unconscious in the gutter. (That happened several years ago and she has yet to recover to this day). She showed me the next day photo's when she got out of hospital and it is something to make you cringe and put reality into place.

If you ask a guy "Do you have a condom" while fooling around, is that not consent?

The laws where created to help protect women from men that force themsleves onto women, not for next morning regrets because they betrayed their boyfriends/husbands or lost their virginity.
0 Replies

abinclane

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 01:38 am
@Dosed,
I don't think it's rape and I don't think you don't remember anything much if you did remember asking him for a condom. A lot of those who get drunk will say that they don't remember anything when in fact they do remember what they have been doing.
I am sorry, but I think what you have is regret. You were all over the guy so with the influence of alcohol you also behaved differently. All of your actions when you were drunk were not even possible if your were not. So, with that in mind, I hope you learned your lesson and not get drunk when you know things may go out of hand.
0 Replies

melisawilson

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 03:16 am
@Dosed,
See, even if this comes out to be true, you are responsible for getting raped as you said you were all over him, and also because both of you were drunk..
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 03:47 am
@melisawilson,
melisawilson wrote:

See, even if this comes out to be true, you are responsible for getting raped as you said you were all over him, and also because both of you were drunk..
You are in violation of the PC laws, as the one who claims victim status is never responsible for their victimization, it is all someone else's fault. Do you live under a rock? *sarcasim*
0 Replies

farmgirl

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 12:37 pm
@Dosed,
grow the **** up... if your old enough and mature enough to go out drinking then you should be smart enough to know that **** happens when your drunk, dont go accusing this guy of rape just because you get horny when your drunk...
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 12:53 pm
@farmgirl,
Who invited Hawkeye's mom?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 01:34 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

sounds like you have allowed the PC regulation of conversation to seperate your perceptions of what people believe from what we believe. My views are not particularly unusual in the real world.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 06:09 pm
@melisawilson,
<edit> Nm. inane commentary
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 06:39 pm
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
I have it on good authority that it is not HE's mum, but one of your personalities, the one that likes horses and boys .
0 Replies

pemb3092

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 06:57 pm
@eoe,
are you actually serious?! this girl lost her VIRGINITY to a guy she didn't want to have sex with. who cares if she 'came on to him'. The absolute point is that she was unable to give consent, and you know what? - that would stand up in court. Stop judging people. You have no idea how it feels to wake up and be told you are no longer a virgin and to not know how or why it happened. Be thankful that you are ok.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 07:41 pm
@pemb3092,
Quote:
this girl lost her VIRGINITY to a guy she didn't want to have sex with

It has been awhile but

1) she Might have had sex with him

2) she did not ever tell him no

3) she did not decide that she did not want to have sex with him till the next day, that night she acted like she did

Quote:
The absolute point is that she was unable to give consent,
Now that the state is removing from women the right to consent if they drink, this is increasingly the case, and it is abuse of the citizens at the hands of the state...we should not tolerate this abuse.

Quote:
You have no idea how it feels to wake up and be told you are no longer a virgin and to not know how or why it happened.
A woman feeling bad is not supposed to mean that a crime has been committed, according to the Constitution, but the feminists are sure trying hard to make it happen anyways...this is again abuse of the citizens at the hands of the state.