Tue 28 Dec, 2010 02:49 am
I'm looking for some fonts that look good together for a blog I'm working on. I'm not very good at combining fonts. I feel like I end of going all over the place.

To serif or to sans-serif?

When to use a monotype font?

Heading fonts: Aim for simple or stylish?

What fonts are common enough for most computers but still provide unique styling and legibility? What about back-up fonts?

Calling all web-folk. I'm looking at you Jespah!

A
R
T
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 2,791 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

roger

Tue 28 Dec, 2010 03:43 am
@failures art,
Serif is more readable in text. London Times used Times Roman for text, with Helvetica (san-serif) for headlines. Probably still a good combination. Headings also work well using a serif font like Times, using a combination of caps and small caps.

Is monotype the same as a monospaced typeface like courier? If so, it is used almost exclusively for tabular columns, and then only because the digits will line up with one another vertically.

No more than two typefaces per page, please, unless you want to give someone a throbbing headache without them knowing quite why.

If you can find Occidental, it is about the most ornate thing you can get without losing legibility. Legible or not, it's too much for most uses.
0 Replies

guerciofernando

Tue 30 Aug, 2011 01:03 am
@failures art,
sans-serif font is looks great. You can apply this font.
mackllinvinger

Fri 24 Aug, 2012 06:27 am
@guerciofernando,
i agree with you.
0 Replies

jespah

Fri 24 Aug, 2012 07:12 am
@failures art,
Eek I finally saw this!

Times New Roman is common and everyone's computer has it (or should).

One thing that you can do with css is make sure that, if you're using serifs, the reader's PC will default to Times even if you didn't pick it. That way, you can select what you want but have a backup that's readable.

See http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_font.asp for some more info. I love w3schools - they concisely explain wtf all this html stuff really means.
nikkoncolmel

Sat 8 Sep, 2012 01:03 am
@jespah,
times new roman is the font that everyone will use probably
0 Replies

RudraPal

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 06:08 am
sans-serif font is best between serif and sans-serif. If you want to try Verdana and Candara are both best font for Blog Site.
So, It look best and very attractive for your site.
0 Replies