Landlord wants dogs to be removed

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 09:24 pm
I live in Washington state, in a rv resort, in my fifth wheel. We have lived here for about 6 mns. We have 2 dogs that we had when we moved in. Last night the door didn’t get shut all the way and the landlord was walking by. One of the dogs heard him and went tearing out the door barking at him. He didn’t bite him but he sure scared him. Now he says we have to get rid of dogs. Can he make us get rid of our dogs? Or can he make us move? Also, we have asked him for rules several times, but still have nothing. We never had a lease. I have never signed an agreement or anything, except for signing the check that I pay rent with.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,521 • Replies: 2
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 09:38 pm
@flowertop,
Without having defined rules, there are none to break. However, you should
check with city ordinances to see if you're in violation, otherwise your landlord
doesn't have a leg to stand on. Nonetheless, try to talk to him and reason with him. A guard dog keeps away people on the prowl.

Check around in the neighborhood, if any of your other neighbors have pets.
If they do, there is your answer.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 01:49 pm
Your dog tore out of the door and barked at someone walking by and scared him?

Yes . . . you do need to get your dog under control.

I'm sick of people who don't have their dogs under control and they "attack" people outside their own yard.
0 Replies