Rainsoft EC4 75v salt tank full of water?

show99

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 10:52 am
Our $4500 rainsoft system with all the bells and whistles has a problems after a year of paying the company to fill with salt and one month after an annual maintenance at a cost of $260! The salt tank has been gradually increased retention of water in the salt tank. it started with an inch or two and now it holds almost 2/3's of the tank with water. The salt tank has plenty of salt in it as well?

Also, maybe related, maybe not, we get a sulfur odor from our faucets, sometimes, when we first turn them on! This is very odd considering we have city water, and never had a sulfur problem before or after the installation of the rain soft units?!

Can anyone please help. We are tapped and rainsoft won't even come out and look for less than $120 and up! This really sucks since we just paid for an annual maintenance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 15,110 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2010 01:51 pm
@show99,
I'd check the salt and see if it has turned to mush in the bottom. Empty it out and start over with fresh "solar salt".
ericandkaren

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 09:58 am
@Joethewaterguy,
Which is better, block salt or solar salt?
0 Replies

raintech

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 07:30 pm
@show99,
There are a few possibilities.

1.) Where does the system drain when regenerating. A clogged drain line from ice if it drains outside, will cause the system to pump water into the brine tank instead of drawl the brine during the 4th cycle. That's an extremely common problem during the winter.
Is the drain line shoved into a washing machine drain? If it's rammed down there, that can clog it.
2.) I've been servicing rain soft equipment for nearly 10 years. I HATE both pellet and block salt. The mush at the bottom of the brine tank and cause the slits at the bottom of the brine float to clog. It is a possibility that is the issue, but from my experience it's unlikely the cause. Check to make sure the connection to the brine float (white cylinder inside your brine tank) is secure. There is a 3/8" black I.D. tube that runs from that tank to your softener. If they used the provided black line with the equipment. Sometime it's not long enough. So the color is not important. But if there is an air break, the softener will not be able to drawl the brine out of the tank.
3.) Clogged brine injector. Get that replaced or cleaned. Piece comes with lifetime guarantee and shouldn't cost you a penny other than a service charge.
4.) Snapped tab on the brine cam. It will allow refill, but no drawl. Again covered.
5.) Have the flow restricter inside cyclone checked. Sometimes a piece of debris gets inside and will act like a check valve. It will allow refill, but no drawl. Again covered.
Those are the most common problems I've seen. But remember also, that there will always be about 2 inches of water in your tank.
0 Replies