What injected into an experiment ?

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 07:01 pm
laser field ?

Context:

An experiment in the late '90s managed to generate from a vacuum gamma photons and an occasional electron-positron pair. These new equations take this work a step farther to model how a strong laser field could promote the creation of more particles than were initially injected into an experiment through a particle accelerator.

More:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/12/101208130038.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,579 • Replies: 12

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 07:25 pm
Particles were injected into an experiment. It is a clumsy expression, it is not well written.
oristarA

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 07:42 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Particles were injected into an experiment. It is a clumsy expression, it is not well written.

Thanks.
But Set, I couldn't understand you. Rewrite it with good English please.

Injecting the particles into the accelerator is understandable. Into experiment, NO.
JTT

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 07:53 pm
@oristarA,
These new equations take this work a step farther to model how a strong laser field could promote the creation of more particles than were initially injected into something through a particle accelerator during an experiment.
laughoutlood

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 08:18 pm
@oristarA,
Quote:
But Set, I couldn't understand you. Rewrite it with good English please

made my day
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 08:31 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

These new equations take this work a step farther to model how a strong laser field could promote the creation of more particles than were initially injected into something through a particle accelerator during an experiment.

Got it.
Thanks.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 04:46 am
@oristarA,
That is "good" English, Oristar. As you seem to have problems with simple English sentences lately (i consider that you're being obtuse), i'll solve the problem from my side by simply no longer responding to your questions.
oristarA

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 05:40 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

That is "good" English, Oristar. As you seem to have problems with simple English sentences lately (i consider that you're being obtuse), i'll solve the problem from my side by simply no longer responding to your questions.

Was I growing obtuse? Very Happy

I just wanted to be more accurate, Set.

Wink
McTag

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 06:05 am
@oristarA,

You should consider that any fluent English speaker who sought to explain your problem to you, would not do so in anything other than "good" English.

Whether you understand it or not, at first, is a separate issue.
oristarA

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 09:22 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

You should consider that any fluent English speaker who sought to explain your problem to you, would not do so in anything other than "good" English.

Whether you understand it or not, at first, is a separate issue.

Statitiscally speaking, we have been moving along.

I've never intended to hurt Setanta's feeling. If I did, that would be an inadvertent mistake. Sorry for that.

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 09:26 am
The new equations model how, if you inject particles into a particle accelerator as part of an experiment, the result will be more particles than were injected.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 01:23 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
That is "good" English, Oristar. As you seem to have problems with simple English sentences lately (i consider that you're being obtuse),i'll solve the problem from my side by simply no longer responding to your questions.

Obviously, it wasn't "good" English, Setanta. You've failed, yet again to provide what was necessary to a student's understanding and you have the gall to try to blame it on the student.

You leap to the unwarranted conclusion that Ori was trying to bad mouth you. Why? Because you are an insecure petulant child.

I've run into your kind of "teacher" too many times in my career and it is truly a blessing for Oristar and other ESLs that you have chosen to exit the scene.

It's a further blessing in that I won't have to waste my time cleaning up the drivel and nonsense that you all too often spew on these pages.

Please, please, please extend that same courtesy to all the ESLs who write here seeking advice.
iamsam82

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 05:55 am
@JTT,
Quote:
It's a further blessing in that I won't have to waste my time cleaning up the drivel and nonsense that you all too often spew on these pages.

Please, please, please extend that same courtesy to all the ESLs who write here seeking advice.

Brilliant. Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What injected into an experiment ?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:22:08