The Soundtrack of a2k!! Score Other a2ker's Serious and Lengthy Posts Here!

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 01:48 pm
Thanks to LASH I may have the BEST IDEA for a thread EVER!!

Take some of the most serious and lengthy postings of a2kers and score them so when other a2kers read them they can listen to a piece of music from an action or a thriller or some other exciting work of movie music. I'll go first with Lash's brilliant example:

Lash wrote:

OK, let me take a big swig o' coffee and recount my recent machinations to the Troy soundtrack...

I sent a rather terse note, saying that she was continuing to diregard the issue, and told her to stop contacting me. This miraculously opened her eyes to exactly what she had done and she apologized for taking the picture. I accepted her apology.

I felt sort of mean with the terse reply - but I see it was warranted and effective. I think we understand one another much better. I suggested to my fiance that we visit her for Christmas - and plans are set.

I will be on my best behavior. I really am trying for a peaceful relationship. I just imagine I will be taking lots of LONG walks... haha.

Anyway, thanks for input. This situation really is quite important to me...and I feel I did what I needed to do to avoid future doormat treatment.

I'm going in to her home for the first time, and I hope to model how I expect her to act when she comes back to mine.

An important aside: I got a good dose of what my behavior looks and feels like when my mother (well-meaning, but LOADED with Christian dogma) had a long conversation with my fiance. He was kind and cordial to her, in the face of some unintentionally biting and upsetting Christian rhetoric. It is sad to see your mother trying to get along, but failing miserably for whatever reason - and it is a distinct kindness when your partner rises above it. Their phone conversation has really strengthened my resolve to treat his mom as well as I can.

Still learning.

With a separate browser window have this youtube video play in the background while you read Lash's humble and thought provoking post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyfLjYRQ7Nk&feature=player_embedded
My humble apologies in advance for taking this out of context.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,734 • Replies: 0
No top replies