The Death of "Global Warming(TM)"

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:28 am
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/dec/2/pruden-turn-out-the-lights-the-party-s-over/

Quote:

Wesley Pruden:

Scams die hard, but eventually they die, and when they do, nobody wants to get close to the corpse. You can get all the hotel rooms you want this week in Cancun.

The global-warming caravan has moved on, bound for a destination in oblivion. The United Nations is hanging the usual lamb chop in the window this week in Mexico for the U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, but the Washington guests are staying home. Nobody wants to get the smell of the corpse on their clothes.

Everybody who imagined himself anybody raced to Copenhagen last year for the global-warming summit, renamed "climate change" when the globe began to cool, as it does from time to time. Some 45,000 delegates, "activists," business representatives and the usual retinue of journalists registered for the party in Copenhagen. This year, only 1,234 journalists registered for the Cancun beach party. The only story there is that there's no story there. The U.N. organizers glumly concede that Cancun won't amount to anything, even by U.N. standards.....

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,604 • Replies: 47
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 11:10 am
Only the dumbmasses were fooled by Al Gore and his ilk.
Fido

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 11:30 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Only the dumbmasses were fooled by Al Gore and his ilk.
ILk!!! There is word you don't hear much any more.. It is hard to find good ilk, and every body wants their own... No one says my ilk... Just his ilk, her ilk, their ilk like they are ashamed of their own ilk and are envious of everyone else's... What's up with that gungster???

Let me tell you what man: If you want to be my ilk, you can be, and If you need an ilk, I want to be there for you... Deal????
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 11:32 am
@Fido,

I feel your shame... Global Warming is a scam - deal with it.
Fido

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 11:33 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

I feel your shame... Global Warming is a scam - deal with it.

I am... I feel warmer already...
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 11:36 am
@Fido,
.... enjoying a man warmed golden shower...
Fido

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 06:00 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

.... enjoying a man warmed golden shower...

Not from you... You squat to pee.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 04:53 am
Liberal progressive lies
Fido

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 05:39 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Liberal progressive lies
I thought the progressives were a republican faction... If you understood me, you would know me a well rounded peg from being driven into square holes, that don't fit me, and If I don't fit, you think you can grab a bigger beater, and make me fit...

The fact is that I am a revolutionary, and I understand your anger with all those liberals who out of their liberality just want the god damned society to work... It is never going to work... The constitution which begins on a liberal note is a failure mostly because the mechanism for achieving that liberal goal is, and has always been, flawed... You will never understand me; but I understand you just fine....

People like you, when passing a wreck always assume it is the driver's fault because usually it is... Some times, mechanical failures account for the accident, just as they some times account for plane crashes... The constitution is a big wreck, and you want to blame the people... Was it the people's fault that the civil war was fought just because they fought it, apparently for nothing??? The conflict was inevitable, there from the very beginning, and left unresolved until a future generation could marshal the strength to turn difference of opinion into blood shed....The problem is still there... The division is still there, and though unity is one goal of the constitution it is inevitable that we must hate each other and fight... If the constitution makes us enemies it is not worth spit, and I will not honor it... This is not a perfect people and the constitution is not perfect, which is to say: Ideal...

It is not this people's fault, who, after all are no better or worse than people of the whole world from which they came, or were before -that the constitution does not work.. I may think you are stupid, but I do not think you are the problem, exactly... I would not personally care if you, or the whole people wanted to bathe in gasoline and set your asses of fire... Some times people and peoples do act contrary to their own well being... But that ought to be the people's choice, and destruction should not be built into the structure of government just because the people are powerless to set it right, it part because they are led to believe that it is ideal, and that the problem is people...
What do you say???
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 07:25 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

Liberal progressive lies
I thought the progressives were a republican faction... What do you say???

You thought wrong.
Fido

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 03:45 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Fido wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

Liberal progressive lies
I thought the progressives were a republican faction... What do you say???

You thought wrong.
Me no think so keemosabee.. Check it again...
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 03:51 pm
@Fido,
No need to re-check... progressives are left wing liberal democrats.
Fido

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 10:03 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

No need to re-check... progressives are left wing liberal democrats.
I think you are out of your mind... The democrats have always pretended to be progressive, and forward thinking, and what else should government do than try to anticipate and react to the future before it has you by the balls??? But; the republicans have often had their progressive factions since the turn of the century to recent times... Now, they have simply decided our best days lie before us if we can return to the past...They cannot grasp reality any more than history..
gungasnake

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 06:52 am
@Fido,
What you have is a semantical question where a name change has been forced on the rogue demoKKKrat party.

Imagine somebody like George S0ros setting up a candy manufacturing company which made chocolate-covered dog-**** drops to sell to the public, calling them demo-drops. After two or three weeks, the public would figure it out, and people would start saying:

Quote:
"Damned if this stuff doesn't taste exactly like DOG ****!!! This stuff is to be AVOIDED!!!!"

At that point, if Soros wanted to stay in the candy business a while longer, he'd have to re-brand the product, and start calling it "Progresso-Drops" or something like that.

Same thing has happened to liberals and liberalism. The American people have figured it/them out, and the new name is "Progressivism".
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 03:18 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
... the new name is "Progressivism".

Yep.
Fido

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 06:47 am
@H2O MAN,
What do you think of all this left right crap in terms of historical context... Who wins if the American people label each other, objectify each other, and stand divided... If we were to unite, upon what idea could we find common ground???

Do you think this is a place where we cannot all live and get along... Isn't there enough justice for all of us... Do we really have to **** all over the environment to have a chance of any decent standard of living for all people???

To me, the goals of the government are clearly stated, and should be the goals of all the people... Those goals have nothing to do with making the rich richer, or even with giving support for capitalism... Yes, protection for property did get written in after we fought a great civil war to limit property rights... Does it make sense to you???

What I am seeing is that more and more of the republican right is made up of is increasingly frustrated small farmers and businessmen who feel themselves threatened by the vast numbers of hopeless city dwellers who must live with less opportunity and means all the time, people who take value and do not produce value...But this is not new, historically.. Greece and Rome produced models for us to follow into less democracy and greater division, and ultimate failure... Those people could not resolve their differences... The poor were appeased, but no one could return them to societies with a true national unity once they had become corrupted...

The way I see it, those with a little ambition, and a little property who feel threatened and limited can be turned to support of the right and the rich even when it does not ultimately support their own personal cause... Look at the issue of climate change... If there were such a thing, it is as likely to be devestating to us as to many other countries, and lots of true republicans could stand to be ruined at the very moment they have finally destroyed the ability of government to help them through periods of disaster... Corporate operations will survive, but what will this country be when it is eating out of the hands of corporations??? It is already there... Those people gobble up small republican farmers on the one side and hold the bellys of the people hostage, and the fact that more and more farmers sell out makes no impression on the rest who become even more commited to a path which leads to their own destruction...

You will see climate change, and with it, war, famine, disease and destruction... Those who accept apocalypse will have their faith confirmed, but their control of government, and their wholesale rejection of science and reason in the conduct of government will be behind their confirmation of faith... They have the power to say the end is near and then, to being the people to their knees... All they have done is destroy the ability of government to do what all governments should do: Fore see, and react to the future... What do you think???
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 07:54 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
What do you think???

What I think.

I think man made climate change is a hoax.
I think humans can't do a damn thing to stop the planet from warming or cooling.
I think natural global events occur from time to time that result in huge reductions in humans on a global scale.

Today, I think I will plant a few trees that will provide cool shade in the summer and spectacular colors in the fall.

Fido

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 11:05 am
@H2O MAN,
So, if the vast majority of scientists agree that gloabal warming is a man made phenomenon, and show a positive correlation to human activity, what does that make you think???
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 11:23 am
@Fido,
Makes me think that a vast majority of scientists are agreeing to say exactly what they have been paid to say.

Questions for you.

What do you think the ideal temperature is for this planet?

If the ideal temp is cooler than the current temp - how would you increase it?

If the ideal temp is warmer than the current temp - how would you reduce it?

Fido

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 02:37 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Makes me think that a vast majority of scientists are agreeing to say exactly what they have been paid to say.

Questions for you.

What do you think the ideal temperature is for this planet?

If the ideal temp is cooler than the current temp - how would you increase it?

If the ideal temp is warmer than the current temp - how would you reduce it?

Except that th3 money is on the other side... There never has been any money in truth