i have a painting and it says monti as the artist

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 10:39 pm
on the botom right hand corner there is a signature of an artist that says monti in red paint its also put on the back of the canvas painting but looks like its not with paint there was a number that says 5-588
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 6,730 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Artgirl

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 08:29 am
@sirjoseph992,
I also have a painting, an oil of three rather exotic birds, looks to be quite old and very good quality. The signature in the lower right says "Yra Monti." Can't find anything on the Internet about an artist of this name. Anyone familiar with him/her?
lynnjhealy

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 07:38 am
@Artgirl,
Look up Ira Monte - not sure about the spelling discrepancies, but the art I found on search of this spelling certainly looks like 2 pieces I have, one with each spelling ..
0 Replies

1949grahmd

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 08:00 am
@sirjoseph992,
My farther used to sign his name as Monti in the bottom right hand corner. I hope you like it and I wander what the painting is.
Harley Vollman

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 03:16 pm
I have a painting of six exotic birds signed by Yra Monti, a spanish painter very
beautiful. Cant find info about this artist. Can you Help me?
Thanks, Harley
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2013 11:25 am
I believe the artist in question used to paint a lot between battles. He was going through his painting trees period before, during and after the battle of El Alamein in 1942.
You will note that the '41 tree paintings are mainly dark, sombre tones, and experts put this down to pre battle nerves.

Post 1942 trees are painted in bright, vibrant colours and it is not uncommon to see happy, smiling natives dotted around the composition.
0 Replies

franny7261

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2014 07:51 pm
@1949grahmd,
I have a painting at in the bottom right hand corner it is simply signed Monti. I am not sure if it is a oil or an acrylic but it is d one on on canvas board and you can see the actual brush strokes and the depths of the paint. I came across this at an auction.
0 Replies