hawkeye10

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 01:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
But Vaughn, who skipped the meeting, said she'd only attend a future meeting with Trump under a few conditions.

"I would sit down with Trump on my terms," she said. "Probably not in his domain, [but] in a more neutral community — maybe possibly in a black church, maybe my church, where we can see how comfortable he is in our space, and whether or not he can relate to some of the concerns we raise."

http://www.npr.org/2015/12/01/457930597/black-pastor-calls-trump-meeting-a-get-played-moment

Now that is so idiotic it is funny..... this habit of people making up their own personal definitions for words got out of hand a long time ago. Jibberish it is.
NSFW (view)
hawkeye10

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 02:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Many leading Republican officials, strategists and donors now say they fear that Mr. Trump’s nomination would lead to an electoral wipeout, a sweeping defeat that could undo some of the gains Republicans have made in recent congressional, state and local elections. But in a party that lacks a true leader or anything in the way of consensus — and with the combative Mr. Trump certain to scorch anyone who takes him on — a fierce dispute has arisen about what can be done to stop his candidacy and whether anyone should even try.

Some of the highest-ranking Republicans in Congress and some of the party’s wealthiest and most generous donors have balked at trying to take down Mr. Trump because they fear a public feud with the insult-spewing media figure. Others warn that doing so might backfire at a time of soaring anger toward political insiders

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/02/us/politics/wary-of-donald-trump-gop-leaders-are-caught-in-a-standoff.html?_r=0

Trump has risen BECAUSE the establishment is impotent and incompetent, so dont be expecting that the establishment can go head to head with a skilled leader like Trump and win. The national R's lack not just consensus and leadership, it lacks any kind of competence at all (Ryan might be an exception). And the D's are almost as bad, this is why the little people are in revolt, so lets not act all shocked at how things are going down MKay?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 05:24 pm
Quote:
Trump doesn’t “transcend the truth,” as CNN suggested. He isn’t “indifferent . . . to facts” as The New York Times wrote recently. He is not continuing a “campaign of controversy,” as NBC described it.

He’s lying, and he’s spreading fear. Period. And he’s got lots of company.

None of us who work in journalism — whether opinion writers or reporters — do Americans any favor by failing to make this clear.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2015/11/30/when-comes-trump-time-call-lying-for-what/7QhiIZRJlUxQMTtpSzLodO/story.html

Yak away if you must, but how many remain who care what you "journalists" think?? Years of rot of the profession, of squandered credibility, of shoddy work, of trying to manipulate the little people with willful bias and deception rather then informing us of reality have vastly undermined your power. Bout time you learned how things are I think.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 06:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
dont tell me that Trump is another Hitler, and dont tell me that Trump is unamerican,

Of course not as he would never have the government created a database of all Jews in the country like Hitler did his p[an is to create a database of all Muslims instead. That is not the same.........???????
hawkeye10

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 06:35 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
dont tell me that Trump is another Hitler, and dont tell me that Trump is unamerican,

Of course not as he would never have the government created a database of all Jews in the country like Hitler did his p[an is to create a database of all Muslims instead. That is not the same.........???????

You are not informed. That was a reporters idea. Trump was not clear what he would want to do. Trump could not do this without Congress and the courts.

roger

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 06:45 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

I've had the same feeling. Trump seems to be all emotional appeal, and to the least common denominator. It's the Moslems. It's the Mexicans. If we can all get together and hate the same groups, we'll all vote Trump.

Swear to God, Bill, I haven't seen a candidate this cycle that I want to have as president.
McGentrix

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 10:25 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

Of course not as he would never have the government created a database of all Jews in the country like Hitler did. His plan is to create a database of all Muslims instead. That is not the same.........???????

I am glad that you can see that it is not the same. Comparing Hitler to anyone is a losing argument. It's the last desperate attempt to paint someone as a bad guy.

Merkel speaks German, know who else spoke German? HITLER!
ehBeth

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 10:48 pm
@McGentrix,
In the debates/interviews I linked to a page back, the comparison is to Mussolini, not Hitler.

In any case, it's somewhere between amusing and disturbing to watch/hear people supporting Trump in his apparent quest for the American presidency.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 10:51 pm
@roger,
I'm glad that some American media has finally decided to speak up about the straight-out lies Trump has been putting out there.

It's been rumbling away on social media for a months. It's been covered internationally since the mid-summer, but American media was oddly quiet.

Not sure if they're afraid of him or, well, that's all I can think of.
hawkeye10

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 10:52 pm
Quote:
Dear Donald:

Even though some say Hillary Clinton would benefit if you were to be the GOP nominee, for the good of the country I want you to get out of the race. Your lies and vitriolic rhetoric are causing irreparable damage to the nation.

In "The Leadership Challenge," a best-selling tome on leadership by James Kouzes and Barry Posner, 89% of people across the globe identify honesty as the most important characteristic of a leader. It seems counterintuitive, then, that despite spewing lies every week and managing to offend people of every race, creed and color, you have still managed to sit atop the Republican presidential candidate polls for five months. In Trump World, you can fabricate historical events to falsely embellish your golf course, or worse, spread lies about a nonexistent video that you claim showed thousands of Muslims celebrating in New Jersey after the twin towers fell.

It would be one thing if your lies were careless or unintentional missteps, mistakes that you would admit when presented with facts and then move forward. Instead, you refuse to acknowledge reality and choose to double and triple down on your lies. It is as if you believe you are above the truth, that whatever you believe is fact, and whoever confronts you is unfairly attacking you. Your lies have led the media to declare you "in a league of [your] own" when it comes to making claims that repeatedly fail "to mesh with reality."
The last thing democracy needs is a candidate who intentionally stokes jingoism and makes racial animus mainstream.

Before you do further damage to the country, Donald, the best way to "Make America Great Again" is for you to drop out of the race.

Jennifer Granholm is the former governor and former attorney general of Michigan.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/01/opinions/granholm-trump-exit-presidential-race/index.html

Yep, lack of factual integrity is most of her argument, plus a bit of "your are disturbing the peace". The answer to that is Shrub's Iraq war. It is not like Trump is asking to lead a temple of the virtue honesty.

ARGUMENT REJECTED
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 11:54 pm
@hawkeye10,
Trump always blame anyone but himself when challenge in any case go to the link and see the video.

Quote:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-says-he-would-certainly-implement-muslim-database-n466716

NEWTON, Iowa — Donald Trump "would certainly implement" a database system tracking Muslims in the United States, the Republican front-runner told NBC News on Thursday night.

"I would certainly implement that. Absolutely," Trump said in Newton, Iowa, in between campaign town halls.

"There should be a lot of systems, beyond databases," he added. "We should have a lot of systems."

When asked whether Muslims would be legally obligated to sign into the database, Trump responded, "They have to be — they have to be."

On Friday morning, Trump rival Jeb Bush called the comments "just wrong."

"You talk about internment, you talk about closing mosques, you talk about registering people. That's just wrong. I don't care about campaigns," he said on CNBC. "It's not a question of toughness. It's to manipulate people's angst and their fears. That's not strength, that's weakness."

Hillary Clinton also denounced Trump's statement on Twitter.

0 Replies

roger

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 12:26 am
@McGentrix,
I gave the reasons for making the analogy. With what do you disagree?
Builder

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 12:45 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Not sure if they're afraid of him or, well, that's all I can think of.

They know who watches their talking heads, and buys their print media. Whatever turns over the dollars is what interests them.

Besides, controversy makes very good copy.

And, unfortunately, any press is good press.
McGentrix

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 07:50 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

I gave the reasons for making the analogy. With what do you disagree?

I disagree with your "yuge" brush. It's not Muslims, it's terrorists and it's not Mexicans, it's illegal aliens from any nation.

You want to cut down your political opponent by painting him as a racist when he isn't. He wants to keep the country safe and isn't that one of the jobs of the President? His offhand comments to the press are just that. Offhand comments.
farmerman

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 02:32 pm
@McGentrix,
hs really gotta learn that "offhand comments" from a possible president are not good for a career path.
He has alienated every hyphenated group . This AM hes shown how incredibly clueless he is by stating how Obama was at a "climate conference" while terrorists were barking at the gates.

He failed to even recognize that a president has to be able to juggle more than one ball at a time.
ehBeth

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 02:38 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

but the American media has been dodging the controversy

that's what I find weird
McGentrix

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 02:45 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

hs really gotta learn that "offhand comments" from a possible president are not good for a career path.
He has alienated every hyphenated group . This AM hes shown how incredibly clueless he is by stating how Obama was at a "climate conference" while terrorists were barking at the gates.

He failed to even recognize that a president has to be able to juggle more than one ball at a time.

O.o

How many times have I read about W doing the exact same thing here? Really? You're a smart guy Farmerman, that's why I always read your posts. There are still a lot of hyphened Americans that back Trump and pointing out Obama's failings is an electioneering tactic.

But, do you consider climate change and going off to Paris right now to be the best use of the presidents time? With everything else that is going on in the world?
farmerman

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 02:51 pm
@McGentrix,
how many dys in a qeek? and how many hours is the pres out of communication?
I think that we are reading off Fox' playlist
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 02:59 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Builder wrote:

but the American media has been dodging the controversy

that's what I find weird

What exactly do you want them to say negative about Trump that they have not already said over and over again? The only thing left to do is to not let him talk, which is exactly what he wants them to do since the people Trust Trump (at least R's) more than they trust the media. He wants to ramp up his war with the media because he knows that the people will back him. Depriving him of the right to speak, as the leading candidate for the R nomination for POTUS, would finish the job of discrediting the media.

0 Replies