Frank Apisa

Mon 30 Nov, 2015 04:12 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

I dunno Frank. New Jersey is a pretty crappy place and I could see some of them celebrating that NYC finally got a bit of a beat down.

Yeah, but could you see it?

Nah, but I did see a bunch of fanatics in the middle east cheering and it is possible that a New Jersey station aired that footage. It's possible Trump saw that and 15 years pass where that becomes the memory.

Quite possible! Likely, even...considering all things.

I can see it being possible.

You can see it being possible.

I wonder why Donald Trump cannot see it as being possible...and at least acknowledge that it is possible and that he could possibly be wrong????
hawkeye10

Mon 30 Nov, 2015 04:41 pm
Quote:
There’s never been a US presidential candidate like Donald Trump. Just how unusual has his candidacy been? In poring over some poll data Monday morning, we noticed one number that to us symbolizes the surprising nature of his rise to front-runner status.

That number reflects the percentage of Republican voters who have a favorable opinion of him, as a political person. Right now it’s 69, according to the most recent ABC News/Washington Post poll.

The size of the number itself isn’t what makes it surprising. Sixty-nine percent is pretty good for a favorability rating, but Mr. Trump isn’t the leader in this particular numerical category, according to ABC/Post data. That would be Ben Carson, who’s viewed favorably by 71 percent of Republican voters.

Its singularity lies in the fact that it used to be much lower. In July, Trump was viewed favorably by 57 percent of GOP voters in this same poll series. In May, prior to his announcement that he was going to actually run for president, the corresponding number was ... 23.

That’s right: Trump has tripled his favorability in his party since he started campaigning for the Oval Office. That’s while he’s been insulting rivals and past GOP nominees alike while battling with various news figures and blasting out many statements labeled questionable (at best) by fact-checkers.

By itself, such a rise isn’t completely startling. It happens all the time in presidential politics: An underdog candidate starts out with low favorability, since few people are aware of his or her strengths and faults. The candidate rises in favorability as he or she becomes better known.

But Trump was already famous, due to him being an celebrity over decades. His name recognition was probably close to 100 percent when he jumped in the race.

That means he’s actually changed people’s minds about his political prospects, at least in some parts of the GOP. That doesn’t happen often. As Jonathan Last notes recently in The Weekly Standard, this is one of the ways Trump’s run has “defied the laws of electioneering.”

http://news.yahoo.com/one-number-explains-donald-trumps-support-212349053.html

Which pretty much means that we should ignore the R elite doing their "OMG Trump cant possibly beat Hillary.... MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY!" routine. The R elite dont have any credibility anyways, which is why they have been deposed by the little people rebellion.

Bad work has consequences. President Trump would represent justice, and lets be clear, the elite desperate need a kick in the ass.

http://img13.deviantart.net/236e/i/2015/214/9/5/for_my_pale_who_keeps_saying_git_r_done_by_oddgarfield-d93xp3k.jpg
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Mon 30 Nov, 2015 05:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

I dunno Frank. New Jersey is a pretty crappy place and I could see some of them celebrating that NYC finally got a bit of a beat down.

Yeah, but could you see it?

Nah, but I did see a bunch of fanatics in the middle east cheering and it is possible that a New Jersey station aired that footage. It's possible Trump saw that and 15 years pass where that becomes the memory.

Quite possible! Likely, even...considering all things.

I can see it being possible.

You can see it being possible.

I wonder why Donald Trump cannot see it as being possible...and at least acknowledge that it is possible and that he could possibly be wrong????

His ego is getting in the way.
hawkeye10

Mon 30 Nov, 2015 05:05 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
His ego is getting in the way.

We dont know this. It could be a cold calculated move to win over the people by never backing down, by acting like Putin. THe R little people have been complaining for a decade that the R elite keep making promises and then they forget all about those promises once they get to Washington, Trump might be showing on purpose that he will be different, he is going to stand ground once he gets the job. This is not something that I agree with, because I believe that most of the time compromise is required. But I absolutely do not know that Trump is a small minded egotist.
hawkeye10

Mon 30 Nov, 2015 11:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Like most nightmares, this one probably won’t come true. But the very fact that Donald Trump and Marine Le Pen are running strongly for the American and French presidencies says something disturbing about the health of liberal democracy in the west. In confusing and scary times, voters seem tempted to turn to “strong” nationalistic leaders — western versions of Russia’s Vladimir Putin.

In Washington recently, I found most mainstream political analysts dismissing the idea that Mr Trump could win the Republican nomination, let alone the presidency. This struck me as complacent. If Mr Trump were a normal candidate he would be regarded as favourite for the nomination. He is ahead in the crucial early states of Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina.
Outrageous remarks about Mexicans, Muslims, the disabled and women have not dented his popularity.
Many Democrats chortle that if the Republicans are mad enough to nominate Mr Trump, he would certainly be trounced by Hillary Clinton in the presidential election. But even that cannot be assumed. The most recent national poll on a Trump v Clinton contest had Mr Trump winning by five points.\.
So what is going on in western politics? The overarching development is a loss of faith in traditional political elites and a search for radical alternatives. Behind that, it seems to me, there are four broad trends: an increase in economic insecurity, a backlash against immigration, a fear of terrorism and the decline of traditional media.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/e7b61eae-974d-11e5-9228-87e603d47bdc.html#axzz3t2mIo6VY

Replace "the decline of traditional media" with "the decline of the credibility of the elite" and then you will have BINGO! It is not only the political elite and the media elite who get increasingly ignored, it is all elites. They desperately need to stop whining and get back to their jobs, attempting to both figure out how to do their jobs and earning back our trust. Success would be a minor miracle. France's crap job of minding security is not going to help matters, like at all.
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 01:13 am
You might not get any real news, Hawk, and all of your "polls" are BS as well, but the rest of the planet is laughing their arses off that Trumpet is even in the picture, let alone has a following.

Oligarchy. Look it up sometime. Elections are theatre for ugly people.
hawkeye10

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 01:20 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

You might not get any real news, Hawk, and all of your "polls" are BS as well, but the rest of the planet is laughing their arses off that Trumpet is even in the picture, let alone has a following.

Oligarchy. Look it up sometime. Elections are theatre for ugly people.

They were laughing at Putin for years.

Nobody is laughing any more.
Builder

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 01:48 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
They were laughing at Putin for years.

Maybe in your press. I've not heard anyone laughing at Vlad in this nation.
roger

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 02:39 am
@Builder,
First name basis? I'm impressed.
Builder

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 02:45 am
@roger,
Quote:
I'm impressed.

Noted. I see we palmed off one of our arsehole politicians on your wall street drug addicts. We owe you one.
0 Replies

jappelseed13

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 09:48 am
@edgarblythe,
Trump is the best candidate for the current race. He is smart, and is not afraid to reveal what the people need to hear, unlike those other republican and democratic candidates. He knows what's best for this nation, America! Building a wall and preventing refugees from entering ensures a nationalism and patriotism that all too many citizens fear to admit!
Ragman

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 09:55 am
@jappelseed13,
Here's the latest in online forum terminology:

Troll-puppet

definition:
An existing member whose re-invented persona is there for the sole purpose to stir up **** where their former nick would just be ignored.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 09:58 am
@jappelseed13,
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/is-donald-trump-an-american-fascist/article27516771/

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-december-01-2015-1.3344894/republicans-call-out-donald-trump-on-fascist-remarks-1.3344945
hawkeye10

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 10:12 am
@ehBeth,
The elite hauling out the fascist label to pin on a non conformist is pro-forma....but that is the highest power derogatory label in the tool chest, there is no where to go with that tactic after "FASCIST!". It looks to me like the next gambit from the elite to to go whole hog insulting Americans, for the elite to tell us how stupid we are for being pissed off that they have consistently for years both turned in shoddy work and lied to us. This will work even less well than the name calling.
Frank Apisa

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 10:17 am
@jappelseed13,
jappelseed13 wrote:

Trump is the best candidate for the current race. He is smart, and is not afraid to reveal what the people need to hear, unlike those other republican and democratic candidates. He knows what's best for this nation, America! Building a wall and preventing refugees from entering ensures a nationalism and patriotism that all too many citizens fear to admit!

You are absolutely correct here, Jappelseed.

I, for one, want very much for Donald Trump to be the Republican nominee.

I encourage you to continue your advocacy.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
revelette2

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 11:52 am
@izzythepush,
Have you ever watched documentaries of those white power groups? Those dudes scare me as much as ISIS, along with motor cycle gangs, such Hell's Angels and the like. All of them seem to have hate in common.
BillRM

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 12:15 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
Have you ever watched documentaries of those white power groups? Those dudes scare me as much as ISIS, along with motor cycle gangs, such Hell's Angels and the like. All of them seem to have hate in common.

How do you feel about these assholes?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkdHe2H2R_com14ZjoCCvLHuStLSBAb8AikDiv7tCsmnYGxyrh
0 Replies

snood

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 12:18 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

One of my all-time favorite Chris Rock quotes: "I'm not scared of Al-Quaeda! I'm scared of Al- Cracka!"
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 01:42 pm
Quote:
When Trump supporters and swing voters are told that the Republican candidate is a fascist or latter-day Hitler, it’s easy for them to dismiss those concerns as partisan hyperbole, if for no other reason that they can’t really conceive of them – after all, America has never elected an outright Nazi to the presidency, so that particular threat seems more hypothetical than actual. Not so when talking about patterns of institutional discrimination that, though often overlooked by the media, were demonstrably all-too-real chapters of American history.

Trump’s political power – as well as the power of the right-wing reactionaries who will follow in his footsteps – comes from his ability to create a cult of personality for himself while effectively capitalizing off of America’s latent racism, sexism, and other forms of prejudice. Just because these things don’t make him a neo-Nazi doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be devastating for America.

That’s why we must resist the urge to characterize Trump’s racial demagoguery, cult of personality, and authoritarian policy proposals as fascist or in any other way Hitleresque. By doing this, we deny and potentially empower the brutality, oppression, and violence that has marked so much of America’s political history. Trump is certainly pandering to our nation’s worst instincts, but the sentiments into which he has tapped have been with this country for a long, long time.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-trump-not-adolf-hitler

Right, dont tell me that Trump is another Hitler, and dont tell me that Trump is unamerican, because I know both statements are a lie. Just say you dont like Trump and go vote for someone else. THAT is the remedy available to you for presidential candidates that you dont want to be president. Trying to shame me into not voting for Trump, especially by telling lies about him, only serves to show me how much the elite hate him, IE that he is my guy.