AC14747

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 08:57 am
@RABEL222,
Clintons emails?
0 Replies

AC14747

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 09:00 am
@glitterbag,
So you believe that Donald Trump is not under an IRS audit? Hey I've got some pixie dust for sale that will allow you to eat all the cheese cake you want and never gain a pound.
AC14747

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 09:03 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Whether or not they're politically motivated is academic, it's whether or not he did it, and it seems well dodgy. It just a shame it takes an election to spur the AG into taking action

LOL... too bad they couldn't apply that standard to Hillary's email huh? But then again when it comes to Liberals are not for what's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?
How duplicitous can you liberals be?
glitterbag

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 09:11 am
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:

So you believe that Donald Trump is not under an IRS audit? Hey I've got some pixie dust for sale that will allow you to eat all the cheese cake you want and never gain a pound.

I said there is no actual proof. Keep your pixie dust, you're going to need it.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 09:17 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
I thnk you missed the significance of what she said and did. She characterized "half of Trump supporters" as deplorable "Xenophobes, racists, homophobes, islamophobes", etc,

Wait, wait, wait.

Don't Trumpers love Trump for not being afraid to speak bluntly? For not cowtowing to "political correct" language norms?

But you get to criticize Clinton for doing the same as him?

That's called wanting to have your cake and eat it, too....
Brand X

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 09:20 am
@DrewDad,
I don't think Hillary would want to be graded via the very low bar that Trump is held to....although a real thought does slip out of her now and then.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 09:53 am
@DrewDad,
What is a "Trumper" ? Is it something like a Hillaryer?

How quickly and directly one gets to the point is a matter of style. What one says however has qualities all its own. Hillary was indeed blunt. She was also consescending and insulting to a very large segment of voters whose views she mischaracterized and demeaned. She also revelaed herself (again) as rather shrill, humorless and self-absorbed - not very likeable.

I'm not suggesting Trump is immune from similar mischaracterizations. He isn't. However Hillary's statement was both stupid and offensive, and I suspect she will pay for it politically. (However, perhaps she thinks this is merely a sign of the renewal of the vast right wing conspiracy that has been chasing her and her dear husband since before they emerged "dead broke" from the White House - to settle in seaparate homes in Chappaqua NY and Embassy row in Washington. It gets a bit tiresome after a while.
cicerone imposter

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 10:10 am
@georgeob1,
George, I'm not sure how you can come to your conclusions when Hillary has devoted her life for women and children while Trump scammed people to make money. Apples and oranges.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 10:20 am
@AC14747,
Don't talk to me. You're an ignorant racist. Discussing anything with you gives your disgusting viewpoint a legitimacy it does not credit. I'm quite fussy about who I talk to, and you fall far short of my standards.
snood

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 10:20 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

georgeob1 wrote:
I thnk you missed the significance of what she said and did. She characterized "half of Trump supporters" as deplorable "Xenophobes, racists, homophobes, islamophobes", etc,

Wait, wait, wait.

Don't Trumpers love Trump for not being afraid to speak bluntly? For not cowtowing to "political correct" language norms?

But you get to criticize Clinton for doing the same as him?

That's called wanting to have your cake and eat it, too....

Not only that, but the only real debatable thing about what she said was the number. It's funny as hell. There's no dispute about whether the xenophobes, homophobes and racists support Trump - just about the percentage!
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 10:27 am
@georgeob1,
Actually this one time when she seemed to me to be opposite of shrill and not likeable, I am betting minorities, immigrants, the gay community all thought she was very likeable and right on the nose with her characterization. They had someone speaking for them for once after listening to Trump trash talk for nigh on two years.

Moreover, you are way overestimating the percent of deplorables there are even among Trump supporters when you say "a very large segment of voters." , a majority of Trump supporters fit in the other basket who dislike or distrust big government etc.. and are just supporting Trump because they do not want a democrat much less Hillary president.

You have such a sad tendency towards inaccurate hyperbolic statements.
georgeob1

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 10:55 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Moreover, you are way overestimating the percent of deplorables there are even among Trump supporters when you say "a very large segment of voters." , a majority of Trump supporters fit in the other basket who dislike or distrust big government etc.. and are just supporting Trump because they do not want a democrat much less Hillary president.

You have such a sad tendency towards inaccurate hyperbolic statements.

And you appear to have a tendency to deliver meaningless statements such as the one above. How many "baskets are there in your tortured metaphor? I was referring to the segment of voters Hillary was dispariging in her statement, a segment she described as '50 % of Trunp supporters'. It's a fairly close race. and by her quantification above she was referring to 23% - 25% of potential voters being polled. I think that counts as a large segment by any reasonavle standard. If there was any hyperbole here it was Hillary's.

I think you may be trying too hard to make a point
cicerone imposter

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 11:09 am
@georgeob1,
George, Aren't you over reacting to a word? "Deplorable" gets a pass from me because it was used by an individual who has done more good than bad things in her life - compared to Donald Trump.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 11:23 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
I suspect Hillary will face some consequences for it.

Will that be before or after she gives up her candidacy?
cicerone imposter

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 11:27 am
@joefromchicago,
Besides that, she defined "deplorable" as racists and xenophobes. That's spot on in my books.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 11:44 am
@georgeob1,
If you had read the many articles on the subject of her speech you would know there were two baskets she referred to. After this speech NYT pulled up some polling done in states where Trump won and in those polls about thirty percent more or less fit the first basket of deplorables, the rest, fit the second basket. She did use hyperbolic language and she expressed regret for saying "half." She is correct, it is not half but about a third fit the deplorable basket of racist, Islamophobia's xenophobes... The rest fit in the disillusioned basket who feel the government let them down. She is saying those deplorables of racist found a person to speak for them in Trump, the rest are just disillusioned with government and will vote for Trump even if they don't agree with his views.

0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 12:09 pm
@georgeob1,
I don't know that "Trump Supporters" is really that big of a number. Probably not much bigger than those who voted for him in the primary.

Trump voters is a different story, but not everyone who will vote for Trump is a supporter of his.
cicerone imposter

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 12:10 pm
@maporsche,
That's probably more than true because many just don't like Hillary.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 14 Sep, 2016 12:23 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I thnk you missed the significance of what she said and did.

((No, she was pretty clear, I understood what she was saying.))

She characterized "half of Trump supporters" as deplorable "Xenophobes, vracists, homophobes, islamophobes", etc, thereby rather sweepingly characterizing whatever real concerns exist in those broad areas as exclusively a result of narrow minded prejudice.

((Finally Hillary says out loud what people are thinking. And there is no such thing as broad minded prejudice....))

In effect she rejected the existence of any legitmate voter concerns in the areas
of immigration and border control , race relations,the increasingly intrusive Federal government involvement in issues ((like rest rooms in public schools)) increasing crime in our cities, and the traditional religious values of the many Americans, as simply prejudice.

((This is utter nonsense))

The fact is there are indeed real issues out there in each area and reasonable concerns behind them. Moreover they are indeed issues in this election.

((And yet you say you don't support Trump))

I don't doubt that there is some element of narrow minded prejudice among Trump suporters in some of these areas ,

((Some element????? Only some????))

but Hillary had very clearly shown us all that there is also a major element of prejudice in the self-styled "liberals" (actually closet authoritarians) who oppose Trump.

((I don't see it that way at all, I think she went easy on the deplorables. And as far as being closet authoritarian, that's just parroting the same garbage Trump peddles so successfully, most of us have had about all they can stomach. If that makes me an authoritarian, perhaps it's time to reacquaint yourself with Merriam Webster))

She sneeringly mischaracterized large areas of her political opposition as stupid bigots.

((She didn't sneer, and bigots are not exactly the most enlightened. Have you ever heard someone referred to as the smartest bigot in the campaign? ))

People aren't stupid and they quickly see through such self absorbed arrogance. I suspect Hillary will face some consequences

((Maybe, or maybe supporters are screaming "finally she says what the rest of us are thinking". And you know as well as I do that some people actually are stupid.))
0 Replies