roger

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 02:34 am
@Builder,
They're terrible choices. The other is someone who is off to a terribly late start, and not what you would call well known.
Builder

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 03:17 am
@roger,
Quote:
They're terrible choices.

Finally! Something we can agree upon.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 05:44 am
Trump, the Bad, Bad Businessman
By NEIL BARSKY - The New York Times - Saturday, August 6, 2016
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 05:51 am

Trump, in series of scathing personal attacks, questions Clinton’s mental health

By Jose A. DelReal August 6 at 10:04 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/08/06/trump-in-series-of-scathing-personal-attacks-questions-clintons-mental-health/?tid=pm_politics_pop_b

“Honestly, I don’t think she’s all there,” GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump said of Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton at a New Hampshire rally Saturday. (AFP via Getty Images)

Donald Trump unleashed a series of nasty personal attacks Saturday against his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, mocking her appearance and questioning her mental health several times during a New Hampshire campaign rally and on social media.

"She is a totally unhinged person. She's unbalanced. And all you have to do is watch her, see her, read about her,” Trump said during a campaign rally in Windham, N.H., Saturday evening. “She will cause — if she wins, which hopefully she won't — the destruction of our country from within."

The GOP presidential nominee called Clinton unstable and incompetent several times throughout the rally. At one point, he also called her “Hillary Rotten Clinton,” a play on her maiden name, Rodham.

The attacks went far beyond what is considered appropriate in political discourse. And notably, his most charged attacks focused specifically on ad hominem attacks rather than on policy differences.

“I think the people of this country don’t want somebody that’s going to short-circuit up here,” Trump said, pointing to his head. “Not as your president, not as your president."

“Now you tell me she looks presidential, folks. I look presidential,” he said in another instance.

Trump said Clinton is a "dangerous liar" and accused her of failing to achieve anything during her long career in public service — except, he said, avoiding criminal charges for using a private email server during her tenure as secretary of state.

The FBI cleared her of criminal wrongdoing after a lengthy investigation but nonetheless sharply criticized her handling of classified information over email. Clinton was blasted by reporters for recently mischaracterizing FBI Director James B. Comey's comments about whether her public statements about the emails were truthful. She explained during a question-and-answer session in Washington that she had "short-circuited" when giving the initial response, a phrase which Trump repeatedly parodied Saturday.

“Honestly, I don’t think she’s all there,” Trump told the crowd in Windham.

Trump’s most forceful policy-oriented attack centered on Clinton’s support for the 2003 invasion of Iraq, using her vote as a U.S. senator from New York to call her foreign-policy judgment into question. Trump wrongly claimed, as he often does on the campaign trail, that he did not support the Iraq War. That claim has been repeatedly proved false.

The real estate mogul has regularly used Clinton's support for the war in Iraq and her support for intervening in Libya — both of which he supported — to question her qualifications for the presidency. Attempting to neutralize her attacks against his character and qualifications, Trump has sought to undermine her decision-making skills while painting her as an out-of-touch member of the Washington political establishment.

“I’ve always had a great temperament. And you know, I win. I have a winning temperament. We’re going to win, we’re going to start winning again,” he said. “But I’ve won. My whole life has been about winning. I win. She can’t win. She’s not a winner. She can’t win.”

His remarks onstage came after his campaign released a video on social media suggesting that Clinton is a malfunctioning robot.

"Is Robot Hillary melting down?" said the video’s opening caption.

The short video features Clinton misspeaking and correcting herself on several occasions. The video eventually cuts to a clip of Clinton's "I may have short-circuited” quote from Friday.

At the end of the footage, video graphics render sparks spewing from Clinton's mouth.

Jose A. DelReal covers national politics for The Washington Post.
Follow @jdelreal
revelette2

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 05:54 am
@bobsal u1553115,
All he does is mouth off things like "lying Ted, now "mentally deficient Hillary" with nothing to back up his labels. I just hope people are smarter than to pick him or someone else which will have the effect of picking him. I don't think I have ever been more scared in my life before an election.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 06:04 am
Left oversize on purpose!!!

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/tulsaworld.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/4/2f/42f41f92-2047-5a98-bb8e-6ef319fc82c8/57a02cd19e295.image.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 06:07 am
Ivana Must Keep Quiet About Donald, Court Says
NAMES & FACES
April 17, 1992

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1992-04-17/news/9204170603_1_ivana-trump-donald-trump-divorce-decree

Everyone else may talk about Donald Trump, but his ex-wife, Ivana Trump, must keep quiet, an appeals court said Thursday.

The New York state Supreme Court's Appellate Division ruled 5-0 that Ivana Trump may not talk about life with her ex-husband without his permission, reversing a lower court's ruling that removed the gag order from the Trumps' May 22, 1991, divorce decree.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 06:10 am
@Blickers,
Code:loan of a million from a rich father to a son that had to be paid back would not be so outrageous

A millon dollars in the 70's would be worth almost four million today.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 06:11 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I don't think you have any worries.

Me, neither!!!!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 06:13 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
stuck in caveat allowing him to come back as a sockpuppet which he will.

To do that he is admitting he was wrong. I can live with that. I'll refer to him as giupuppet!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 06:50 am
@revelette2,
He's beginning to wear thin. He'll never be able to walk back.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 07:28 am
Does Donald Trump have to appear in court on Sept. 9 for a civil lawsuit alleging rape?

Source:
PacerMonitor.com

New York Southern District Court
Judge: Ronnie Abrams
Case # 1:16-cv-04642
Nature of Suit: 320 Torts - Personal Injury - Assault, Libel & Slander
Cause: 28 13321b Diversity-Libel, Assault, Slander

THURSDAY JUNE 30, 2016
ORDER AND NOTICE OF INITIAL CONFERENCE:
Initial Conference set for 9/9/2016 at 03;13 PM in COURTROOM 1506, 40 CENTRE STREET,
NEW YORK, NY 10007 before Judge Ronnie Abrams (As further set forth in this Order)
(Signed by Judge Ronnie Abrams on 6/30/2016) (cf)

TUESDAY JUNE 21, 2016
ELECTRONIC SUMMONS ISSUED as to Jeffrey E. Epstein (dgo)
ELECTRONIC SUMMONS ISSUED as to Donald J. Trump (dgo)

To read more, go to:
http://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/12206367/Doe_v_Trump_et_al

After 2 days of exhaustive Google searches, I was only able to come up with two articles on this story.

1) From July 6, 2016, a Snopes.com article:
LAWSUIT CHARGES DONALD TRUMP WITH RAPING A 13-YEAR-OLD GIRL
"A civil suit against Donald Trump alleging he raped a 13-year-old girl was dismissed in California in May 2016 and refiled in New York in June 2016"
http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-rape-lawsuit/

2) From the New York Real Estate News website, "The Real Deal" from 6/20/ 2016
'JANE DOE FILES RAPE COMPLAINT AGAINST TRUMP IN NY COURT
"Allegations filed - and dismissed - in California by the same plaintiff"
http://therealdeal.com/2016/06/20/jane-doe-files-civil-rape-complaint-against-donald-trump-in-ny-court/
0 Replies

snood

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 05:12 pm
This is from an article in Slate by Jamelle Bouie. It says very clearly what I think we can expect from a Clinton/Trump debate:

Even worse for Trump is the fact that, in just a few months, he’ll have to face Clinton in debates, one on one. He won’t have the luxury of a crowded stage and a raucous audience. He won’t be able to mug for the camera and get by with insults and bluster. Primary season is over, and his successful approach there—soak up all the attention, prevent voters from so much as learning the names of his opponents—won’t fly anymore. He’ll have to know his stuff. But he won’t. He’s Trump. And if he’s anything like he’s been in interviews and on the stump, he’ll likely bomb the debates, failing in a way we’ve never seen before, much less imagined.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/08/would_donald_trump_really_consider_dropping_out.html

I think Trump knows this, deep down in his little koolaid pumping heart. And because he knows it, I think there's atill a good chance he tries to back out of the debates, if not the whole damn election.
cicerone imposter

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 05:15 pm
@snood,
He might realize the consequences of a debate - especially against Hillary, and drop out. I see that as more probable then him accepting a debate. I wonder what the odd makers are saying.
As a narcissist, he's going to protect his ego at all cost.
glitterbag

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 05:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think Trump has a yuge ego and it will never occur to him that he might have to shift gears to debate Hillary. He's gotten this far and he thinks he's the ultimate winner.
cicerone imposter

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 05:24 pm
@glitterbag,
Could be. Also, he seems oblivious of his consultant's advise.
RABEL222

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 05:28 pm
@glitterbag,
Maybe he'll pull a Bernie and just tell her to shut up cause I'm not done talking. Just how long do the debates last?
0 Replies

thack45

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 06:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't know. Reports have him doing just that lately. This is what I believe the news lull late last week was about, trying like hell to get him on some sort of track
cicerone imposter

Mon 8 Aug, 2016 04:05 pm
@thack45,
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-economic-plan-good-ideas-000000300.html

Quote:
Tax Reform

Benefit working families while ensuring the wealthy pay their fair share. Nice, in principle. But an empty slogan.

Quote:
It’s a kind of morbid curiosity. Trump is unpredictable like a shock-jock, and as a result viewers can’t help but tune in to see what Donald will say or do next (the appeal of Trump is a lot like the appeal of reality-TV, where self-serving egoists compete for attention by committing outrageous acts).
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 8 Aug, 2016 04:13 pm
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r589/duadmin/160808-funny-how-that-works_zpszu6qmnrq.jpg