Builder

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 10:25 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Needed to be said.

I'm wondering if anyone here is actually paying attention to what's happening outside of these forums, Lash.

snood

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 10:36 pm
@Blickers,
Yup. They deserve each other.
Builder

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 10:46 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Yup.

Cliques are interesting. You seem to be slipping out of favour lately.

0 Replies

Lash

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 11:22 pm
@Builder,
Certainly not. Thank goodness their tiny internet fiefdom is a safe place for them. The world outside is too thinky-hurty.
Builder

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 11:27 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
...their tiny internet fiefdom is a safe place for them....

Replete with a pecking order. Rather interesting to watch, at times.

Hearing that the leaks about inner workings of the DNC are just the tip of the ice-berg. Interesting times ahead.
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 12:14 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
What a pair,

What a situation; where you pretend to ignore us, but seem to feel you know us so well.......
glitterbag

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 01:42 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
What a pair,

What a situation; where you pretend to ignore us, but seem to feel you know us so well.......

There you go again with that 'us' stuff. You need to understand the difference between being ignored and 'not counting'. You post as if you are a citizen of a country that was built by immigrants. But you are not a citizen of the United States. So, even though you are an Australian, Americans are not ignoring you, we just know that your views and $7 will buy you a cup of Starbucks in our view of our country. As far as how this country makes choices, your opinions are piffle. You just don't count, you don't have a stake, ergo, who cares what you think. Not me, probably not any of the other Americans (well maybe Lash, but she doesn't count) so, i invite you to go freep yourself, and don't flatter yourself that anyone has even attempted to know you, you are just another cranky foreigner looking down your nose. Americans are not interested in obsessing over a disturbed, angry Aussie trying to gain sway with a population that considers him a zero. Here's another newsflash, we love Australia, but we don't have to love their malcontents or the more seriously disturbed.

Builder

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 01:57 am
@glitterbag,
More ad hominens? Really?

Must suck being so in the dark.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:11 am
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/CroweJ/2016/CroweJ20160728A_low.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:35 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
speak for yourself

Agreed as another non American I can say that most of Europe is pretty relaxed about the prospects of a Clinton presidency, but more than a little uneasy about a Drumpf one.
spooky24

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 07:19 am
@izzythepush,
There is little doubt that President Hillary Clinton will be the first commander in Chief to use tactical battleground nuclear weapons right after the snowden trader/squealer/bum has an accident.
Assad in Syria will have and accident as well as he will trip over a spec of dust and it will wop his head off.
That part of it will be fun-watching the wicked witch of east Arkansas even the score and do away with all the people she holds responsible for her being fired as Secretary of State. She hates the Jews as well. Natanyahu-Peres-Sharon-Rabin will have accidents as well damn strange that they all tripped and fell 1000 feet at the same time

Does that make the prospect of a H Clinton relaxed? None of this revenge will happen in America and many-like myself- can't wait to see her waste them. Especially Assad. No telling what she has planned for Daesh'
izzythepush

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 07:28 am
@spooky24,
spooky24 wrote:

There is little doubt that President Hillary Clinton will be the first commander in Chief to use tactical battleground nuclear weapons

What a load of bollocks. If there's little doubt in your head it's because you're a bloody idiot. I've never heard such horseshit, and I've been on A2K a long time.
Blickers

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 09:26 am
@izzythepush,
The conspiracy theory culture has spawned offspring, people who take conspiracy theories already out there and combine them to make new conspiracy theories based solely on the fictional first generation ones. Spooly24's apparently on his fourth generation already.
ossobucotemp

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 09:42 am
@glitterbag,
I'm not against people from other countries having opinions, even if they counter mine. I care, though, how they are expressed. Practically taking over threads with your outside views is rude to the max, and repetition of insults is obnoxious.

Some of us in the US participate in threads about many places; I participate too, since I've a long time interest in how the world works. I try to learn, instead of shelling the participants from that country with my takes, over and over. Shelling or yelling in general on a2k is rude, though a lot of us fall into it from time to time. It's not useful to discourse though.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 10:05 am
@Blickers,
The idea that Clinton will use a tactical nuke to kill Snowden is beyond ridiculous.
Blickers

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 10:09 am
@izzythepush,
Agreed. That's what happens when you live in a world of conspiracy theory coming at you through the radio and computer. You become unmoored from reality. Lots of people posting on the internet are like that.

Heck, there's a whole bunch of people trying to claim that the Sandy Hook massacre, where the autistic kid took semiautomatic rifles and shot all those 8 year olds and teachers, was an event staged by the government to pass stricter gun laws and "disarm" the populace so the New World Order could take over.
izzythepush

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 10:20 am
@Blickers,
And the moon landing never happened. Reasoning Logic, A2K's oxymoronic nomenclature, regularly posts vids from David Icke, self proclaimed son of God who claims the Queen is a shape shifting lizard.

There was one idiot on A2K who claimed all science/education is wrong. Such thinking can be seductive, it's much more comforting to think that you're one of a small group who knows the truth rather than being a delusional idiot with no grip on reality.
ossobucotemp

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 10:40 am
@izzythepush,
That's all part of why I fear a Trump win - not the only part though.
snood

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 10:52 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
it's much more comforting to think that you're one of a small group who knows the truth rather than being a delusional idiot with no grip on reality

Perfectly describes a couple of our resident keepers of the Bernie flame.
0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:16 am
@ossobucotemp,
You mentioned the other night you do not watch TV, you may already know this but the DNC has a special streamline which covers the convention live on the internet. I was going to tell you last night, but I couldn't see if you posted recently to catch up with any of it.

here

If you don't want to click my link, I don't blame you, I have trouble sometimes with malicious malware, just google dnc live and you can find it if you want.