Walter Hinteler

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:41 am
@Blickers,
There's certainly a point about why Trump (Дональд Трамп) is so popular in Russia.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:47 am
@Blickers,
Thanks for the history lesson... But the USSR doesn't exist anymore. And these countries do have the money they're just not paying up.
Blickers

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:56 am
@giujohn,
Yes, Putin so so very different from the USSR leaders.... Rolling Eyes
Expansionism is expansionism. Putin wants Eastern Europe back and he's already moved in that direction with the Crimea and Ukraine. You must be crazy to think he's not looking for an opening to get more. It will make him a hero to his people, who keeps in line by bringing up the glories of the Russian Empire.
http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/Hungary%201956%20pic%201_zpszoswhz00.jpg

Never thought the US would have someone in the Oval Office that would sell out to this process, but if we elect Trump, that's exactly what we get.
cicerone imposter

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:06 am
@Blickers,
It would seem that the Western Europeans should be the ones who stops Putin's expansionism. The US is not the world's police. However, it's my opinion that if Russia starts a war with Western Europe, the US will get involved.
giujohn

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:32 am
This just in Sanders speaking to the delegates telling them they should vote for Hillary but they're not buying it they're booing the thought of having to vote for Hillary... The signs say not Hillary not now... welcome to the White House Mr. Trump or should I say Mr. President
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:38 am
This just in from CNN Debbie Wasserman Schultz has been pulled from gaveling in and out at the convention... The arrogance of some people to think that they would still be able to be a force at this convention after what was shown in those emails... It took her own delegates from Florida this morning booing her off the stage for Hillary to decide not to let her speak tonight... I wasn't going to watch this convention but now I wouldn't miss it for the world.
farmerman

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 01:04 pm
@giujohn,
just remember, a Trump regime will change the Supreme Court to something Id rather not see.
Blickers

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 01:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote cicerone:
Quote:
It would seem that the Western Europeans should be the ones who stops Putin's expansionism. The US is not the world's police. However, it's my opinion that if Russia starts a war with Western Europe, the US will get involved.

It goes deeper than we'll get involved. The whole idea behind NATO is that if one member is attacked, all the members treat it as if they are attacked. Russia knows this, so Russia wasn't able to pull any Western European nations into its orbit after they set up puppet governments in the Eastern European countries they passed through while pushing the Nazis back to Berlin. They knew that if they went after Western Europe, the US is there immediately.

When Russia went broke and had to let the Eastern Europeans go after 1991, they waited a couple of years then applied to NATO to ensure that Russian tanks wouldn't be rolling back in. Russia hates that. To the likes of Putin, getting Trump in the White House is his fondest wish come true. In one fell swoop, Russia goes from Cold War loser to Cold War winner, as Trump dissolves NATO and Russian troops move into first Eastern, then Western Europe.

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/Czechoslavakia%201968_zpsggd2llgc.jpg
giujohn

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 01:44 pm
@farmerman,
You have to understand something it's not so much that I love Trump but at this point I'd vote for you as opposed to Hillary I don't have a problem with the list of judges that Trump has already provided and even if he hadn't provided a list I know what the court will look like if she gets in and that would be an absolute disaster
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 02:01 pm
@farmerman,
Unfortunately, Trump has a lead over Clinton.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-poll/index.html
Hang onto your hats and your wallet. We're going to see a bouncy economy.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 01:45 am
@Blickers,
Trump has already spent millions on his Scottish golf course. He's not going to want to say goodbye to that.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 05:28 am
@giujohn,
The Russian intelligence operation seems to have worked, isn't it?
bobsal u1553115

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 05:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
Part of the reason the US supports NATO is so keep any war with Russia in Europe.
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 07:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

The Russian intelligence operation seems to have worked, isn't it?

Well I don't really know if it was the Russian intelligence service I guess I'll wait for the final report subsequent to the FBI's investigation... Let's remember that when dealing with emails and the internet and hacking it could have just as easily also been somebody attaching certain headers to make it look like the Russian intelligence service. But then again frankly I don't really care who hacked it or who leaked it I just find it interesting that if they can hack the DNC email I'm sure there's quite a few groups that have the contents of Hillary's State Department emails and that we may still see the contents of those in the near future.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 08:15 am
@giujohn,
Well, since the Kremlin prefers Donald Trump as president ....

They've given financial aid to populist right wing parties in Europe to undermine the western European alliance - that wouldn't have worked out well in USA, I think.
giujohn

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 08:18 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I think you misunderstand Putin... I don't think he loves Trump so much as he hates Hillary for her trying to meddle in Russian internal politics during his election. Frankly he's kind of in the same boat that most of us here are in... ABC anybody but Clinton.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 08:24 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
I think you misunderstand Putin...
I don't speak Rusian like you obviously do. So I had to rely on translations (but by native Russian speakers).
giujohn

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 08:29 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Well Walt I don't speak Russian but it's fairly obvious why Putin hates Hillary
http://a.msn.com/r/2/BBuR1L9?m=en-us&ocid=News
Blickers

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 08:31 am
@giujohn,
BS. You don't know that. You're just playing TV detective and saying, "Well, they can do this then surely they can do that", but you have no evidence that they actually did do that or could do that.

Plus, there is the overriding issue you ignore, which is why do the Russians consider it in their self interest to take down Hillary? Couple that with Trump's often-stated position that unless the other NATO nations start paying more the US will no longer take part in defending them, essentially disbanding NATO. NATO prevented Russia from taking over Western Europe like it took over Eastern Europe right after WWII, thus damning Eastern Europe to a half century of totalitarianism and extremely depressed living standards . Then when Russia went went broke in 1991 and had to let the Eastern Europeans go, they went right to NATO and asked to join, so that Russian tanks wouldn't roll back into their country as soon as Russia somewhat recovered economically. So their streets don't look like Hungary in 1956:
http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/tanks_return_budapest_3_1956_zpsnsygeqs3.jpg

Doesn't it bother you at all that Russia is releasing Emails designed to make Hillary lose, and that Trump's European defense policy is like a gift from Heaven to Putin and Russia? What's wrong with you?