Tue 25 Aug, 2015 07:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Be civilized or get the **** out

Goody! When you leaving?
hawkeye10

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 07:49 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I am A2K's Varys, I am not giving up the high ground and I am not leaving.
hawkeye10

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 08:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
On Tuesday night, Mr. Trump’s rally in Dubuque, for which the campaign received 3,000 responses, was practically in the backyard of Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin, who long held the lead in polls of Iowa Republicans but recently relinquished it to Mr. Trump. The Trump campaign denied the appearance was meant as a snub to Mr. Walker, who lived not far away as a boy in northeast Iowa.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/26/us/politics/donald-trump-builds-team-to-bolster-ground-game-in-iowa.html?_r=0

****, be honest, America is still and will continue to be a meritocracy because the majority is going to insist upon it, and Walker FAILED. Now Walker dies. This is justice, This is RIGHT.

Produce or die, that is the American way MOTHER FUCKERS.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 09:14 pm
Do any rational, thinking people on this thread really believe that Donald Trump wants the job?
hawkeye10

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 09:22 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Do any rational, thinking people on this thread really believe that Donald Trump wants the job?

Not me yet, but he is getting close. It makes no rational sense, his net worth is going to get trashed no matter what now, but this son of a bitch actually wants the job from the looks of it. I am not sure how I feel about that? Does that mean that he is an idiot?
snood

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 09:39 pm
@snood,
The reason I ask is because I don't think the actual day to day job of being president is a walk in the park - I think it's probably a hard job. I don't think Trump, for all his self-reported deal-making savvy, is in the habit of reporting for work regularly.
roger

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 09:43 pm
@snood,
I suspect he started gadflying about just to be annoying. When the numbers and the crowds started taking him seriously, so did he. But no, I doubt he would enjoy the job at all, but it would be embarrassing to jump off the bandwagon with all that momentum.
hawkeye10

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 09:50 pm
@snood,
trump is well known for his long work weeks. Even at his age. You are making unjustified assumptions.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 09:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Not me yet, but he is getting close. It makes no rational sense, his net worth is going to get trashed no matter what now, but this son of a bitch actually wants the job from the looks of it. I am not sure how I feel about that? Does that mean that he is an idiot?

It means the guy is basically patriotic and wants to do something better with however much time he has remaining on Earth than rake in a few more shekels.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 09:58 pm
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11885072_881813728520667_5603077482994106906_n.jpg?oh=d4d964899fff62901f602508f790ff7b&oe=56702582
0 Replies

snood

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 10:03 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I suspect he started gadflying about just to be annoying. When the numbers and the crowds started taking him seriously, so did he. But no, I doubt he would enjoy the job at all, but it would be embarrassing to jump off the bandwagon with all that momentum.

I heard some conservatives speculating about "How will he exit?" today. It's going to be interesting. If he loses a couple of the early primaries, he will have to start ponying up serious money to stay in the race, and I think his worry about expenditures vs. returns is going to force him out. How he's going to navigate it and still maintain the bluster at a believable level is the trick.
hawkeye10

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 10:11 pm
@snood,
If you assume that Trump is going to lose an election you are an idiot who does not understand reality as it exists on Aug 26, 1015.

Time to wake up, the elite that you believe in have lost, they are no longer running the show.
0 Replies

djjd62

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 05:00 am
it's been about half a century since the folks behind the halls of power have had to take matters into their own hands, if his numbers keep going up they may decide a grassy knoll, hotel kitchen or motel balcony is in his future
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 07:08 am
@hawkeye10,
So you're a2k's own Varys? You identify with a fictional fantasy character?

Thats truly pathetic. And hysterically funny.

Explain the high ground a character from a fantasy/middle-ages story involved with the machinations of fictitious royalty and nobility takes.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 07:13 am
@snood,
I think its an expensive piece of theater that got out of control and took on a life of his own. Did you see the panic in his eyes as his little bit of theater with Jorge Ramos got out of his control?

He does not want to be President, he wants to hog the limelight. I hope he spends himself into the most expensive backfired joke in history.

What he really wanted to do was try out for a Fox show.
snood

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 08:39 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Well, I gotta tell you - I've experienced some icy fingers of fear down my spine as his poll numbers have continued to exceed the ceilings set by pundits. They said 20% , then 25%, then 30% - but today some polls have him as high as 38%. I remember having some of these same kinds of feelings when I realized what kind of vacuous piece of racist huckster McCain had chosen for his running mate, to sit within a heartbeat of the presidency.

Today it saddens and terrifies me that the American electorate could potentially put such a dangerous racist ego-maniacal huckster as Trump into serious contention for the white house. I think it says ominous things about a significant portion of the country. I think it gives the rest of the civilized world reason to doubt our collective sanity and basic decency.
Olivier5

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 10:59 am
@snood,
Quote:

Why not? There's humongous money to be made...
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 11:31 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
What he really wanted to do was try out for a Fox show.

Well I think he can forget that: Roger Ailes hits back at Trump over Megyn Kelly attack

Now he is feuding with Univision's Jorge Ramos:

here
revelette2

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 11:41 am
After reading the above article, the GOP better hope and pray they really don't elect Trump. Sadly they may have a chance with Hispanics if they elect Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio and they won't have a chance if they can not get the Hispanic vote from what I can tell.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 11:42 am
On this side of the pond I am following the headlines as always with increasing amazement. It baffles me how people can declare support for a blatantly vain, narcissistic misogynist. The man cannot take criticism, let alone ridicule, and bear childish grudges to the death. He is in fact temperament-wise close to Putin (except that the latter is a power-politician who would make political mince meat of the blustering buffoon Trump. Still, one would hate to see the military might of the USA under the control of a blustering buffoon with an easily bruised ego). Furthermore, what little policy plans the Donald has put forward so far may be popular with the blithering idiots in the right-wing electorate, but if put in practice would be an economic catastrophe for the US. From my vantage point it is ever hard to understand the populace, with access to all the information on-line, fails to realise that.
0 Replies