snood

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:24 am
@BillRM,
You're the one who started comparing the KKK and BLM. I really don't know why I even tried. You've always been hopelessly, abysmally unequipped to engage in rational argument. I'll just go back to leaving you on ignore and hoping you haven't reproduced much.
BillRM

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:35 am
@snood,
Yes indeed an organization that have marches chatting about killing police,who shoved and cursed at people base on their skin color in a library and ban people from their meetings also base on skin color are not racist and similar to the KKK due to their skin color being black instead of white.

I am sure as you are far brighter then I am and can explain the differences other then skin color between the current KKK and the BLM people.
BillRM

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:40 am
@BillRM,
Footnote there was a recent NPR report/interview on how a black journalist was allowed to both attended and film a KKK meeting and after a cross burning was allowed to interview the members.

From the signs limiting BLM meetings to black or brown skin people only I am not sure if a white journalist would be allow the same access and freedoms.

We are living in a strange universe indeed.

BillRM

Wed 4 May, 2016 10:00 am
@BillRM,
http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2016/04/14/474215754/comic-w-kamau-bell-on-standing-tall-and-finding-humor-in-americas-racism

NPR interview with black journalist.

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2016/04/14/unknown-c89dd599cebe19cdb0c43859bc0c6047a8d0e0d6-s1300-c85.jpeg
0 Replies

engineer

Wed 4 May, 2016 01:00 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

I would love to hear one (and only one) example of Trump's racism, but I expect instead a response consisting of distractions and ad hominems.

Donald Trump on Sunday, November 22nd, 2015 in a tweet wrote:
Says crime statistics show blacks kill 81 percent of white homicide victims.

Details

BillRM

Wed 4 May, 2016 02:10 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
Donald Trump on Sunday, November 22nd, 2015 in a tweet wrote:
Says crime statistics show blacks kill 81 percent of white homicide victims.

How is being wrong when dealing with crime numbers in and of itself racist?
engineer

Wed 4 May, 2016 02:44 pm
@BillRM,
Because when someone tells you an absurd number with a racist bent to it, what makes you suspend disbelief is your own racism. Would anyone really believe the numbers Trump tweeted (or any of the numbers in the original retweet he did)?
BillRM

Wed 4 May, 2016 02:57 pm
@engineer,
A homicide numbers for 13 percents of the population being equal to the rest of the society is amazing and when I first hear it I did question it even those it sadly turn out to be true.

However I was not in the middle of an election campaign either with all kind of information coming to me from all manner of sources with little times to do my own checking.

He need better fact checkers but I do not think you can hang the label of racist over this error with special note that the black community have crime numbers in many areas that sound false and sadly happen to be true.

In my state one in three male black citizens are not allow to vote due to felony convictions for example.
cicerone imposter

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:17 pm
@engineer,
Brandon still questions Trump's racism? Only a racist would be blind.
0 Replies

parados

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:35 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
A homicide numbers for 13 percents of the population being equal to the rest of the society is amazing and when I first hear it I did question it even those it sadly turn out to be true.

You keep repeating that Bill. Do you think if you repeat it enough it will become true?

While you can argue they are close, you can't argue they are equal. 2698 does not equal 3025.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:35 pm
@snood,
Wish I help you man, but he got on my nerves and I've had him on ignore for a week or so. But you see what I mean: he says things too outrageous to ignore.

He pretends that being a closed organization like BLM is the same as a closed organization with an evil agenda like the KKK. Funny thing is the KKK makes the same argument, too. That other closed organization that he can't join, the Girl Scout,s probably drive him even more nuts and on several levels.

He doesn't get it. 80%+ of a population can't be ignored and any look at any photos of Congress and the Senate and our Presidents prove it.

But hey, you really don't need any help with Bill at all.
Builder

Wed 4 May, 2016 07:31 pm
Hearing on our radio that Trump is now the only repug on the ticket.

All others have tossed in the towel. Grim news, indeed.
Lash

Wed 4 May, 2016 07:33 pm
@Builder,
I'm surprised that Kasich didn't stay in just to offer a viable opposition at a contested primary.

The GOP establishment must've refused to help him financially.

A mistake they will live to regret.
Builder

Wed 4 May, 2016 07:39 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
A mistake they will live to regret.

For mine, it just highlights how far this "contest" is from actual democracy.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:44 pm
I don't know about anyone else, but how far Trump has gotten scares the **** outta me.
Builder

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:57 pm
@snood,
Is half the nation looking for a superhero? Is Trump that man?

snood

Wed 4 May, 2016 10:10 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Can't say what this is, brother. I really have very little clue about what motivates the orange huckster, or his minions. And what I do know saddens me beyond words.
glitterbag

Wed 4 May, 2016 10:31 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

No and No
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 4 May, 2016 10:31 pm
@snood,
Quote:

https://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn

President George H.W. Bush and his son President George W. Bush have no plans to endorse Donald Trump, their spokespeople told ABC News.

"President Bush does not plan to participate in or comment on the presidential campaign,” the younger Bush's spokesman, Freddy Ford, said.

Jim McGrath, spokesman for the elder Bush, said the 41st president is out of politics.

0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 4 May, 2016 11:01 pm
@parados,
It is true and I gave the links times after time on this thread from the FBI and the CDC and major newspapers.

Oh I see you are playing games by claiming that the black homicide numbers is not in fact a perfect fit to made it equal to the total rest of the society.

Such numbers are not known to that degree of precision in any case nor does it matter in any real world sense but if it made you happy I will from now on state the 13 percent of the population black homicide numbers is almost equal to the rest of the society taking into account round off errors and uncertain in population numbers and murder numbers.

We surely have a lot of game players here.
0 Replies