glitterbag

Sat 27 Feb, 2016 10:37 pm
@McGentrix,
Let me guess, you actually believe that was a klan member and you also believe the fat guy with the ducktail hair swoop sashayed over to the young man with his pale limp hands dangling like dead fish, stared down anybody? Face it, you support a P.T. Barnum 21st century wannabe, but you forgot he said there is a sucker born every minute.
BillRM

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 12:03 am
@glitterbag,
Sure are suckers born every minute as in the Federal government claims that they need to be able to spy on all of us in order to fight a few thousands terrorists worldwide and that they would never misused that power against the American people.

We as a nation are beginning to come apart at the seams but it had little to do with clowns such as Trump.

At the worst Trump is just a very minor symptom on the road to the end of the Republic.
InfraBlue

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 02:46 am
@McGentrix,
So, he'd rather not call attention to the fact that white nationalists support his candidacy, and for him it's PC to not have thrown out quicker the protester that was pointing out the fact that these groups support him.
Builder

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 03:01 am
@InfraBlue,
Despite having a couple of immigrant wives who had anchor babies to him, he's appealing to white nationalists, and geeing up racial protagonists.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 08:19 am
Donald Trump Has Turned Away Hundreds of American Workers to Hire Cheap Foreign Labor Instead

Last edited Thu Feb 25, 2016, 12:37 PM - Edit history (1)
Donald Trump Has Turned Away Hundreds of American Workers to Hire Cheap Foreign Labor Instead
By Eric Levitz Follow @ericlevitz

February 25, 2016
10:48 a.m.

No one will bring our jobs back from China and Mexico like Trump,” Donald Trump recently wrote, in a Facebook post. The GOP front-runner’s commitment to restoring employment opportunities that Americans have lost to developing countries is one of the cornerstones of his candidacy. But where Trump has had the power to replace American workers with foreign ones, he has done so with gusto.

Since 2010, nearly 300 United States residents have applied for jobs at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, but only 17 were hired. Meanwhile, Trump pursued more than 500 visas for foreign workers at the resort, the New York Times reports.

Trump’s fondness for guest workers was brought to national attention by Reuters last summer, when the news service reported that the Donald had sought visas for over 1,000 foreign laborers since 2000. The Times investigation shows that those visas weren’t pursued for a lack of domestic applicants.

“The only reason they wouldn’t get a callback is that they weren’t qualified, for some reason,” Trump insisted, in an interview with the paper. “There are very few qualified people during the high season in the area.”

More:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/02/trump-wont-bring-our-jobs-back-from-his-hotels.html
0 Replies

jcboy

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 08:24 am
I don’t believe Trump even wants to be President. I think he’s playing a game and testing the ignorance of the Republican voters.

0 Replies

Lash

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 08:35 am
@McGentrix,
He talked around the issue. He didn't make a statement clarifying his opinion about the KKK. He's getting good at politi-speak.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 08:36 am
@BillRM,
This is correct.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 09:26 am
@McGentrix,
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/politics/donald-trump-white-supremacists/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Trump: 'I know nothing about white supremacists'
Eric Bradner

By Eric Bradner, CNN

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump wouldn't disavow David Duke's support for his presidential bid, saying Sunday that he knows nothing about the white supremacist leader.

"Just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke, OK?" Trump told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

"I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists," he said. "So I don't know. I don't know -- did he endorse me, or what's going on? Because I know nothing about David Duke; I know nothing about white supremacists."

The Anti-Defamation League had called on Trump to repudiate the support of Duke, the former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, and other white supremacist groups.

Asked if he'd broadly distance himself from those groups, Trump demurred, saying he knew nothing about their support for his bid for the Republican presidential nomination.

"I have to look at the group. I mean, I don't know what group you're talking about," Trump said. "You wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about. I'd have to look. If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them and certainly I would disavow if I thought there was something wrong. You may have groups in there that are totally fine -- it would be very unfair. So give me a list of the groups and I'll let you know."

Tapper responded: "OK. I'm just talking about David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan here, but --"

And Trump said: "Honestly, I don't know David Duke. I don't believe I've ever met him. I'm pretty sure I didn't meet him. And I just don't know anything about him."

Trump's comments came two days before 12 states -- largely Southern -- vote on Super Tuesday. If he defeats Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio in most or all of those states, Trump could become a near-lock for the Republican nomination.

He detailed what he'd look for in a vice presidential nominee, saying he'd want someone with "a little bit of an inside track" to getting legislation approved by Congress -- an indication Trump could pick a current politician.

"Conceptually, I like the idea of a political person to go along with my abilities," he said.

Trump also said he has no plans to release his tax returns, despite pressure from Cruz and Rubio, because IRS audits are ongoing.

He said he has been audited "almost every year for 10 or 12 years."

"Maybe it's because I'm very conservative, maybe it's because I'm tea party. ... I don't know what it is, but I have been singled out," Trump said. "Until the audit is completed, obviously I'm not giving my papers."

He did say, though, that his campaign is likely to release a list of his charitable contributions "sometime in the next week."
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 10:21 am
Trump University fraud case becomes campaign issue at GOP debate
Drew Griffin-Profile-Image

By Drew Griffin, CNN Special Investigations Unit

Updated 2135 GMT (0535 HKT) February 27, 2016 | Video Source: CNN

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump likes to talk a lot about winning, but it is one of his failed ventures that brought out daggers from his opponents in Thursday night's Republican presidential debate. Florida Senator Marco Rubio took the first stab at trying to label Trump's failed "Trump University" as a fake.

"There are people who borrowed $36,000 to go to Trump University, and they're suing now," Rubio said. "And you know what they got? They got to take a picture with a cardboard cutout of Donald Trump."
Trump, Rubio, Cruz spar over Trump University

Trump, Rubio, Cruz spar over Trump University 01:09

That allegation is mostly true. Donald Trump continues to be haunted by a failed real estate investment school that threatens to pull him into the witness chair in the middle of this presidential campaign. And that opened the door for the second dagger in last night's debate, this time from Texas Senator Ted Cruz.

"You know, Marco made reference earlier to the litigation against Trump University. It's a fraud case, " Cruz told the debate audience before asking Republican voters to think about what that would mean if Donald Trump is called into court to stand trial for fraud, right in the middle of an election.

"If this man is the nominee, having the Republican nominee, on the stand in court, being cross-examined about whether he committed fraud, "Cruz explained, "You don't think the mainstream media will go crazy on that?"

Trump brushed off the attacks saying the case is a civil suit that he intends to win. But it is also true that six years after the school shut down, is he still facing lawsuits.

From the time he launched Trump University in 2005 until it shut down in 2010, about 10,000 students from across the country signed up for the program that promised success in real estate by offering courses and seminars based on the principles of the business mogul himself.

"At Trump University, we teach success," Trump said in a 2005 infomercial when the program was launched. "That's what it's all about. Success. It's going to happen to you."

Now, Trump is facing three separate lawsuits -- two class action suits filed in California and one filed by New York's attorney general -- which argue the program that took in an estimated $40 million, but was mired in fraud and deception.

"We started looking at Trump University and discovered that it was a classic bait-and-switch scheme. It was a scam, starting with the fact that it was not a university," New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman told CNN's "New Day" after filing suit in 2013.
Prosecutor: Trump lawsuit no stunt

Prosecutor: Trump lawsuit no stunt 03:55

Schneiderman's case argues that Trump and Michael Sexton, the former president of the program, engaged in fraudulent, illegal and deceptive conduct, and that although the program promised to offer courses taught by experts personally selected by Trump, the teachers were neither handpicked nor experts.

Trump University's courses ranged from $1,495 three-day seminars to $35,000 "Gold" level programs that allowed for personal mentoring, real estate field trips and access to the expertise that made Trump a billionaire.

Affidavits from the case additionally show some students felt the program consisted of worthless information they could have obtained for free elsewhere. Others said they simply did not receive the services they paid for.

"I have not been able to get in touch with anyone after I signed up for the trump Gold Elite Program," student Kathleen Meese wrote in one such affidavit.

Another enrollee, Michele Cintron, who paid $25,000 to have special access to high-level mentors said in an affidavit that a "non-existent 'power team'" was unable to be reached.

As for investing knowledge, student Maribel Paredes described Trump University in an affidavit as "a bad investment on my part."

CNN was unable to reach these former students for comment. Other former students who wrote affidavits for the lawsuits also declined to be interviewed.

Most of the students never met or laid eyes on Trump, but representatives of the program, which is now called Trump Entrepreneur Initiative, say students were never promised they would meet Trump in person.
Is Trump University a fraud?

Is Trump University a fraud? 05:28

Trump's attorney Alan Garten said many students were satisfied with the courses and the lack of success of some should not be attributed to the program.

"All we can do is provide the tools for people to go out there and apply these things," Garten said. "I can't control what happens out in the real world. If someone goes and takes our classes and decides to sit on their couch and not apply them, I can't help that, OK?"

He added that Trump University should not be blamed for some enrollees having trouble selling real estate in the midst of the economic collapse of 2008.

Garten provided CNN with 14 affidavits from satisfied students and said those who complained about the program are a "miniscule" amount out of approximately 10,000 who enrolled. He said Trump will continue to fight each of the three lawsuits until he wins, even if legal fees outweigh the profits Trump earned from the courses.

The fight has carried on for more than six years, although Trump recently won an important victory. A California judge handed down a ruling that will make it harder for former students of Trump University to get any money back in damages, even if those students can eventually prove the courses were fraudulent.

One of the California cases has been set for pre-trial motions in May and trial for August, right in the middle of the presidential campaign. Donald Trump has been listed as a witness.

At a hearing in December, a Trump lawyer even requested the court dates be scheduled around Trump's campaign schedule, so as not to interfere with Super Tuesday primaries next week or the Republican National Convention.

The presiding judge said he is anxious to move the case forward.

"Obviously, everyone knows this is a unique set of circumstances that we have here. There's not many cases where there's a presidential candidate who is one of the parties in the case," Judge Gonzalo Curiel said.

Despite its possible political implications, Trump told the debate audience Thursday night he plans to fight the case in court, and win.

"It's something I could have settled many times," Trump stated. "I could settle it right now for very little money, but I don't want to do it out of principle. The people that took the course all signed, most, many, many signed report cards saying it was fantastic, it was wonderful, it was beautiful. And believe me, I'll win that case."
0 Replies

jcboy

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 11:08 am
Donald Trump has officially secured the coveted endorsement of Aaron Carter. Yeah that happened. Aaron Carter was born in Tampa so he's clearly not the brightest bulb. And seeing as how he has been reduced to performing shirtless last year at Market Days in Boystown, endorsing a piece of crap like Trump is not the best career move. Cool
0 Replies

snood

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 03:57 pm
Trump won't disavow the endorsement of smarmy ex-Grand Wizard David Duke. Say's (get this), "I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about White Supremacists." If true, he's too stupid and uninformed to be president. If he's lying, that too should tell you something about The Donald.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/02/28/trump-won-t-denounce-kkk-support.html
BillRM

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 04:23 pm
@snood,
Now that I has just hear that Sharpton might consider leaving the US if Trump become president I might need to reconsider my lack of support for the man.
snood

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 04:27 pm
@BillRM,
You really should support Trump, Bill. You two are perfect for each other.
jcboy

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 04:31 pm
@snood,
Just a tidbit of information. Opposition reach for Trump has 8 months and more than 80% that has not been revealed. You think it's already been ugly, just wait. Cool
snood

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 04:39 pm
@jcboy,
Can't wait. Laughing

I heard somewhere that just the recordings of his Howard Stern interviews alone would be enough to really cause him some serious problems. You know - he really speaks his mind freely with his buddy Stern.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 04:42 pm
@snood,
OH?

Hmm so my views are similar to Trump?

I did not know that Trump favor more open borders, or treating Muslim citizens the same as all other US citizens or...............

Tell me in details how my views are similar to Trump as I must had miss those share opinions.
snood

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 05:02 pm
@BillRM,
You're overthinking it. I was just referring to the fact that you're both noxious, irretrievably racist idiots.
BillRM

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 08:31 pm
@snood,
Racist?????

My my what catch all charges by such men as Sharpton who are almost drowning in black blood and of course Jewish blood and white blood all so they can enjoy the good lives as 'leaders'.

Perhaps someday the black community will awaken and turn their backs on such leaders and stop their children from joining gangs and killing each other in very large numbers while pretending that their problems are from racist/ killer cops and racist whites in general.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 08:31 pm
@snood,
Racist?????

My my what catch all charges by such men as Sharpton who are almost drowning in black blood and of course Jewish blood and white blood all so they can enjoy the good lives as 'leaders'.

Perhaps someday the black community will awaken and turn their back on such leaders and stop their children from joining gangs and killing each other in very large numbers.
0 Replies