@McGentrix,
http://i63.tinypic.com/2bthlf.jpg
Source: Huffingtonpost UK
0 Replies

engineer

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 03:18 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

You are getting sucked in the hype. He isn't being racist. He is being cautious against a group of people hell bent on destroying anything that isn't Islamic.

You mean like the Mexican rapists?
McGentrix wrote:
Are you against being cautious in times of great peril?

This isn't a time of great peril. It is a time to make well considered and informed moves and play for the long term. Convincing people that a great terror is right around the corner is how governments convince citizens to give up their rights.
McGentrix wrote:
No knowledge of Foreign policy? He runs an international business. I'd say he has quite a bit of foreign policy in his pocket.

Being involved in international business, especially real estate and understanding international politics are completely different, as Trump has displayed on numerous occasions. If his business experience has given him political experience, he certainly hasn't shown it.

I was completely willing to listen to Trump just like I was willing to listen to Palin. And just like that instance, what I'm hearing doesn't make any sense. I would listen to Bloomberg if he decided to run. I bet that would at least make sense.
cicerone imposter

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 04:14 pm
@engineer,
I just don't understand why people can't see Trump's xenophobic and racist personality. Amazing! Some people believe just because he's wealthy, he has other smarts.
Lash

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 04:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I had an interesting conversation today with my co-teacher. She's one of the most together women I teach with - a caveat: considering my rural south Georgia location, I'm not sure how meaningful my "most together" assessment is. But if SHE says this, many, many others are in a much worse state of thinking.

I didn't want to come on too strong with a co-worker, so I casually asked if she had any interest in Iowa today.

Her eyes widened and she said she was very interested. (Me, casually stepping on to the minefield.) "This is a really unusual cycle, isn't it?"

She carries the ball after that. She won't commit to Trump, but she says, "I think Sanders and Trump are strong evidence that Americans are SICK to DEATH of business as usual. Something big is changing in politics."

Through her long and energetic conversation, she said that she didn't care if it was Trump or Sanders - as long as it wasn't Hillary Clinton. I pointed out how different Sanders and Trump were - and SHE said not really.

They aren't paid for my oligarchs, and she said she likes how Trump doesn't take any ****. I didn't point out that he's a racist asshole who'll likely get us involved in WWIII, but she brought it up herself. She said her only concern was foreign policy.

She considers herself a Libertarian, but right now, she says the whole thing is a farce, so Trump might be fun.

I bet there are a lot of people who feel the same way.

(shudders)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 05:52 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

You are getting sucked in the hype. He isn't being racist. He is being cautious against a group of people hell bent on destroying anything that isn't Islamic.

You mean like the Mexican rapists?

Yes, like Mexican rapists. Are they ok as long as they aren't raping you and yours? How many illegal alien criminals are too many for you? 1? 10? 100? 1000? 30,558?

engineer wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Are you against being cautious in times of great peril?

This isn't a time of great peril. It is a time to make well considered and informed moves and play for the long term. Convincing people that a great terror is right around the corner is how governments convince citizens to give up their rights.

Well considered, you mean like letting 20,000 unknown Syrians into the country to live wherever? To keep allowing visa overstays?

It's a shame really. We have a government paralyzed by being politically correct and unable to come to terms with that while most Muslims are not terrorists, most terrorists are Muslim. Sorry, but until that changes, we need to be careful about who we allow in our country.

I know it's a fun canard the left has taken on: "Trump says no more Muslims allowed in America!!!" But, that is just not true and it's not what he said. It's like the "Palin" line "I can see Russia from my house." Do you also believe she said that?

engineer wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
No knowledge of Foreign policy? He runs an international business. I'd say he has quite a bit of foreign policy in his pocket.

Being involved in international business, especially real estate and understanding international politics are completely different, as Trump has displayed on numerous occasions. If his business experience has given him political experience, he certainly hasn't shown it.

I was completely willing to listen to Trump just like I was willing to listen to Palin. And just like that instance, what I'm hearing doesn't make any sense. I would listen to Bloomberg if he decided to run. I bet that would at least make sense.

Being involved in International business means interacting with foreign governments on many levels. Who running for the Republican ticket do you think has more actual foreign relation experience then Trump?
cicerone imposter

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 07:53 pm
@McGentrix,
Get some facts before you spout your racist remarks.
Quote:
The Criminal

The average age of rapists at arrest is 31. Fifty-two percent are white; twenty-two percent of imprisoned rapists report that they are married. (SOO, 1997)
McGentrix

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 08:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Just out of curiosity, who actually thumbed up CI's post? Any one want to fess up to that?
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 08:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You do know that whites are more then 52 percents of the male population in fact whites males in the US is 62 percents of all males.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 01:49 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Yes, like Mexican rapists. Are they ok as long as they aren't raping you and yours? How many illegal alien criminals are too many for you? 1? 10? 100? 1000? 30,558?

This sort of thinking has me baffled. Considering that the number of crimes committed by immigrants - legal and illegal - is tiny in comparison to the number of crimes committed by native-born Americans, I have to wonder why all this fuss is being made about such a minor subset of malefactors. Is the concern that foreign-born criminals are taking jobs that once were the exclusive preserve of domestic criminals? Are American criminals unfairly placed at a competitive disadvantage by their foreign competitors? Is the quality of our crime diluted by an influx of cheap foreign bad guys?
edgarblythe

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 01:51 pm
I just thumbed up CI also.
McGentrix

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 01:56 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

This sort of thinking has me baffled. Considering that the number of crimes committed by immigrants - legal and illegal - is tiny in comparison to the number of crimes committed by native-born Americans, I have to wonder why all this fuss is being made about such a minor subset of malefactors. Is the concern that foreign-born criminals are taking jobs that once were the exclusive preserve of domestic criminals? Are American criminals unfairly placed at a competitive disadvantage by their foreign competitors? Is the quality of our crime diluted by an influx of cheap foreign bad guys?

See. even American criminals are being displaced by immigrants. <- This is a sarcastic remark used to invoke humor. I know some of you are humor impaired and need these notes.*

I fail to see why you would accept even a single crime committed to be acceptable by someone who should have been caught before coming through the border. Is this another one of those "But others are doing it, why worry about these guys?"

Ask any of the victims if they think it's OK because they were victimized by an immigrant and immigrants need jobs too.
cicerone imposter

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 01:57 pm
@joefromchicago,
82% of violent crimes are committed by whites.
McGentrix

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 02:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I just thumbed up CI also.

And you are proud of that I suppose? Even though it was nothing more than a typical bit of ignorance that has absolutely nothing to do with any of the topics being discussed? Would you care to explain why you thumbed it up? I mean other than he is your buddy?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 02:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

82% of violent crimes are committed by whites.

What is that supposed to mean? Why do you post that information?
edgarblythe

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 02:04 pm
I don't thumb up people for being buddies.
CI's post speaks for itself.
McGentrix

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 02:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
Does it? What did it say to you? I really am interested. C.I. thinks that people don't realize the things he posts. Like we can only speak to majority issues because they mean more or something.

Help me understand how anything he posts has any correlation to what is actually trying to be discussed before getting sidetracked like this.
BillRM

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 02:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Now I am confused as you just posted that 52 percents of rapes are done by whites but for overall violence crimes it is 82 percents.

Where do you get these numbers and please link to their sources..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 02:15 pm
Mr. Trump's take on the results in Iowa.

http://www.vox.com/2016/2/1/10892610/donald-trump-iowa

in summary

Quote:
Iowa: We love you, we thank you. You're special. We will be back many, many times. In fact, I think I might come here and buy a farm, I love it. Okay?

___

lots of interesting analysis

including (they always have tons of links to supporting info)

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trump-comes-out-of-iowa-looking-like-pat-buchanan/

Quote:
Still, Trump had seemed poised to do it, in part because of the intensity of his support. He’s highly differentiated from the rest of the field — a strategic advantage in such a crowded race — and the voters who like Trump like him an awful lot. The disproportionate media coverage of Trump played a large role too, though. Most Republican voters like several candidates. How does a Republican voter who likes (for example) Trump, Cruz and Chris Christie choose among them? The answer seems to have a lot to do with which candidate is getting the most news coverage.

In Iowa, however, the media environment wasn’t as lopsided in Trump’s favor. Voters were blanketed with ads from all the candidates. And they sought out information on their own before settling on their vote. There was a late spike in Google searches for Cruz and Rubio in the state Monday, bringing them almost even with Trump, even as Trump continued to dominate in search traffic nationally.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/02/cruz-takes-trump-win-iowa-caucuses-160202032846676.html

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/01/opinions/iowa-restless-and-anti-establishment-zelizer/index.html
cicerone imposter

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 02:44 pm
@McGentrix,
Because you parrot Trump, the racial bigot.
Below viewing threshold (view)