Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 11:32 am
Suppose Brystol Palin wins Dancing with the stars, would her win enhance her mother's chances for running and winning the 2012 presidential election?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 3,875 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 11:35 am
@dyslexia,
it will be a giant victory for tea partiers everywhere.

"And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see."
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 11:41 am
@dyslexia,
It will do a lot of harm to "Dancing" and would probably result in the end of asking politicians to dance. Sure, it's a rating booster early on, but not having one of the best dancers win damages the integrity of the program. I don't watch it, but from the reviews I've read, Palin is not one of the best dancers.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 12:13 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Suppose Brystol Palin wins Dancing with the stars, would her win enhance her mother's chances for running and winning the 2012 presidential election?

I believe Sarah Palin's chances for becoming the President are independent of any of her family's publicity. Sarah's image has captured a segment of the population, and if she runs and wins it will be based, I believe, on the "values" she espouses, not her knowledge or ability at political repartee. I believe in many people's minds she is the "Mom" that comes before "apple pie." There is an American flag in the background.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 12:28 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

dyslexia wrote:

I believe Sarah Palin's chances for becoming the President are independent of any of her family's publicity. Sarah's image has captured a segment of the population, and if she runs and wins it will be based, I believe, on the "values" she espouses, not her knowledge or ability at political repartee. I believe in many people's minds she is the "Mom" that comes before "apple pie." There is an American flag in the background.

Maybe the Idiot section of our population. Believing in Palin's worthiness as a candidate is sort of a Turing test for our citizens; if you do believe she is worthy, you are most likely uninformed and untrustworthy when it comes to political analysis.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies