How do I find the neccessary codec?

MrIVI

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 09:37 pm
I have some *.MOV (Quicktime) videos which I need to be able to open. They were ripped from a Cannon AHX1 by a Mac using Final Cu Pro. (I'm not sure how much if any of that information is helpful.) I tried using the program GSpot (You can usually open a movie with it and it will tell you which codecs are needed or used) But I didn't get any assistance from it this time. What should I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 11,640 • Replies: 5
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 10:08 pm
@MrIVI,
What sort of computer are you using? If you were on a version of windows then Window Media Player is pretty smart about finding and installing new codecs - and quicktime isn't obscure.

My approach would be to use google to for your movie viewer and mov and codec
MrIVI

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 10:14 pm
@hingehead,
Wow my bad! Very poor description of the problem on my part. I'm running Windows XP and I'm trying to open and edit the video using Adobe Premiere, but trying to open it with Windows Media Player so it can find the driver is a good idea. I'll try that.
hingehead

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 10:20 pm
@MrIVI,
Wow, synchronicity, I'm just now editing with premier (CS4) and there is a mov import option but it's probably because I've installed so many codecs via wmp.
MrIVI

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 12:58 am
@hingehead,
I'm using Premier CS3, didn't have the money to upgrade yet. I've been with Adobe all the way back to After Effects 3. Not CS3. I upgraded from 3, 4, to something, to Pro, to CS3... This time I just haven't had the money.

Anyway, I can open and render MOV files, but these particular ones I can't seem to get open. And I've been trying tons of codec packs with no luck. Any ideas anyone.
hingehead

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 02:07 am
@MrIVI,
I'm very new to Premier - all my codec knowledge is in audio files.

It sounds like the version of Final Cut Pro wasn't saving them in 'full compatibility' mode - if such a thing exists.

Does this sound like your issue:
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/893500

Gotta love google.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How do I find the neccessary codec?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 03:37:40