Inside Job or.............Why the Economy Tanked in 2008

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 03:09 pm
http://www.mrqe.com/movies/m100091827

Inside Job is a documentary about the forces which caused the economic meltdown of 2008. It describes the incestuous relationship between Washington, Wall Street, and academe.

The movie, well researched and non-partisan, clearly describes those forces which led to the loss of jobs, savings and homes of millions of people. It also illustrates how many of the people who caused the crash, benefited from it to an obscene extent.

In my area, the movie is only being shown in three theaters. It is not the kind of film that is designed to make a lot of money, but is important, nevertheless.

Personally, I think that this is a film that needs to be seen by anyone who wants to understand the powerful interaction amongst government, prestigious universities, and the financial community.

Have you seen this film? What do you think?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,594 • Replies: 3
No top replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 03:56 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Yeah it is a good one.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 12:48 am
you all have to watch a movie to figure out why the economy tanked?
Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 08:22 am
@rabel22,
Quote:
you all have to watch a movie to figure out why the economy tanked?

Of course not. But it is fascinating to observe the interplay of the various forces which shaped the meltdown. What I liked best was to see some of those guys squirm and wiggle when they were caught with their pants down.
0 Replies