Dick Cheney, became “angry”.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 03:27 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

You do realize it was Richard Armitage who was the source...don't you?

Definition of SCAPEGOAT
: a goat upon whose head are symbolically placed the sins of the people after which he is sent into the wilderness in the biblical ceremony for Yom Kippur
a : one that bears the blame for others b : one that is the object of irrational hostility

I'm sure Armitage thought is all up on his own.

So, while Armitage 'fessed up to it, we should all believe he was either covering for Cheney or outted her on Cheney's orders.

Why?

Because that's what you want to believe?
IRFRANK

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 03:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
No, actually I read it in Scott McClelland's book - What Happened

He was there and lays the whole thing at Cheney's doorstep.
JTT

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 09:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
So, while Armitage 'fessed up to it, we should all believe he was either covering for Cheney or outted her on Cheney's orders.

Why?

Because that's what you want to believe?

Are you familiar with the word disingenuous, Finn? That's you, but it wasn't Cheney or Bush. The were flat out, bald faced liars.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 03:30 am
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

Thanks for the reminder about this book. I need to add this to my reading list.

A
R
T
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 07:15 am
I figured Bush's memoir was just going to be about lauding their years of administration of President with a few nuggets of previously unknown accomplishments thrown in. But it's beginning to seem more like a tell all book about Cheney with accounts of bush being "blindsided" by him on important events during his administration.

Cheney Lurks Just Beneath Bush's Words
JTT

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 10:15 am
@revelette,
Quote:
a tell all book about Cheney with accounts of bush being "blindsided" by him on important events during his administration.

And this strutting peacock, this piece of scum who caused the deaths of untold tens of thousands, this great "decider" couldn't summon enough intestinal fortitude to put a measly vp in its place?
djjd62

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 10:31 am
@JTT,
uh yeah, DC is OG, he shoot a ************ that cross him, yo
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 11:09 am
Cheney referred to Libby as a soldier not to be left in the field. This is too, too, funny, considering that Cheney was a draft dodger, and Bush was essentially a deserter.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 12:00 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

I didn't read the book so I don't know precisely what he he wrote, but Armitage hasn't confirmed his account (as you have represented it) and so it would seem either he or McClelland are lying.
JTT

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 01:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
so it would seem either he or McClelland are lying.

Didn't you just chastise someone for what you thought was an assumption they made, for believing something because it "fit their view"? This doesn't come anywhere close to that world record you set a while back but you sure can contradict yourself in an awful hurry, Finn.

Cheney was caught lying on camera, then he was caught denying that he had lied, when it was all on tape. As Rachel Maddow said, paraphrased, these Republicans should google themselves before they speak.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 07:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I didn't read the book so I don't know precisely what he he wrote, but Armitage hasn't confirmed his account (as you have represented it) and so it would seem either he or McClelland are lying.

Read the book. And yes, someone is lying.

If you're going to base your facts on someone, I wouldn't pick Armitage.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 12:11 am
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

Read the book. And yes, someone is lying.

If you're going to base your facts on someone, I wouldn't pick Armitage.

I don't think I will. I have limited free time and I'm not about to devote any of it to the memoirs of a White House Press Secretary.

It's odd that any Lefty would find fault with Armitage, as he was a darling of The Left within the Bush Administration --- particulary when it became clear that his lord and master Colin Powell was crosswise with Cheney and Rumsfeld.
IRFRANK

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I have limited free time and I'm not about to devote any of it to the memoirs of a White House Press Secretary.

So, you limit your reading to that which supports your predisposed point of view, or are you saying he is not high enough in stature?

I suppose we all do that to some extent. I don't watch much Fox News.

Re: this case. It seemed pretty clear to me in the case of Plame, Cheney was the central figure, and the one with motive, in exposing a CIA agent. That sounds like treason to me.
djjd62

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 06:12 am
@IRFRANK,
silly, it's only treason if the party you don't support does it, if the party you support does it it's patriotism
IRFRANK

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 09:17 am
@djjd62,
Yes.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 12:39 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

I have limited free time and I'm not about to devote any of it to the memoirs of a White House Press Secretary.

So, you limit your reading to that which supports your predisposed point of view, or are you saying he is not high enough in stature?

I suppose we all do that to some extent. I don't watch much Fox News.

Re: this case. It seemed pretty clear to me in the case of Plame, Cheney was the central figure, and the one with motive, in exposing a CIA agent. That sounds like treason to me.

To begin with, I'm not a huge fan of Administration members ( of either party) who almost immediately upon leaving the White House try and cash in on their proximity to the president with a book. The sales of such books are directly linked to the amount of buzz and contraversy that can be stirred and so they almost always promise to tell us something about their former boss or associates that, presumably, they would not like printed. For me at least, this equation calls into serious question the integrity of their "tell alls."

Secondly, if I were looking for the "inside dope" on members of an Administration, I would not hold much hope for the account of the WH Press Secretary, and this one in particular. My his own admission, he was frequently kept out of the loop.

You are welcome to your opinions and assertions about Cheney, but To begin with, I'm not a huge fan of Administration members (either party) who almost immediately upon leaving the White House try and cash in on their proximity to the president with a book. The sales of such books are directly linked to the amount of buzz and contraversy that can be stirred and so they almost always promise to tell us something about their former boss or associates that, presumably, they would not like printed. For me at least, this equation calls into serious question the integrity of their "tell alls."

Secondly, if I were looking for the "inside dope" on members of an Administration, I would not hold much hope for the account of the WH Press Secretary, and this one in particular. By his own admission, he was frequently kept out of the loop.

You are welcome to your opinions and assertions about Cheney, but citing McLelland as your primary source doesn't lend them much credence.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 12:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
hmmm.

kinda frothy if you ask me...
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 12:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 01:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Didn't you promise that you wouldn't post when you were snockered, Finn?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 03:45 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

hmmm.

kinda frothy if you ask me...

I got stuck in a loop
0 Replies