Pizza toppings from around the world

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 03:23 pm
Pizza is one of the most popular foods around the world, but in other countries it doesn't always look the way it does when you eat it in the United States.

For instance, in India, you're likely to find toppings like pickled ginger, minced mutton and a kind of cottage cheese. Brazilians like green peas on their pizzas. Costa Ricans like coconut and Pakistanis favor curry. A popular pizza in Japan has potato, bacon and mayonnaise, while eel and squid also are common toppings.

Would you like to eat your pizza with any of these toppings?

BBB

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,709 • Replies: 3
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 03:35 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Pickled ginger, minced mutton and a kind of cottage cheese? Mutton sounds like it could be delicious if it's not chewy.

Brazilians like green peas on their pizzas? I have no problem with most veggies on my pizza so why not peas?

Would you like to eat your pizza with any of these toppings? I might take a chance with most of these toppings. Now if these pizzas were free? I'd never turn down free pizza so yes there will be no doubt I'd try some crazy edible toppings on my pizza if it was free.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 03:37 pm
@tsarstepan,
What unusual toppings do you put your pizzas?

BBB
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 03:47 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I never made my own pizza so I have yet to experiment on the actual toppings. And I usually get my pizza from traditional pizzerias so unusual toppings are not available.

I did however try a slice of pizza with potato and seasoned with rosemary and thyme. There was no tomato sauce and the slice was too dry and wasn't particularly flavorful so unless I get this type of pizza from a better shop, I don't plan on partaking with the toppings a second time.

I do remember trying a pizza from California Pizza Kitchen once and frowning at the tasting what I deemed exotic pizza topping of cilantro. Not a fan of cilantro....
0 Replies