Would you forgive your partner if he/she cheated?

Caroline

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 06:42 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Would you shut all the doors on your mother/father/siblings if they did something awful? Is the ultimate in betrayals always the ultimate deal breaker?
Yeah I did, too right, it was either them or me anyway so bye bye and thank god I did.
Fido

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 10:29 am
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:

Go for it, take a leap, you might be nicely surprised.

Too late... I'm all in; and all that needs to be done is to admit to myself and to the whole world that I am enraptured, and in love... What the hell... If it fails at some point will it help if I say I gave 99% instead of all??? She could have anyone... Since she has me as less than a fair catch, does she not deserve my adoration??? She has it and my devotion... Now I have to show it... Love is caring...
Caroline

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 12:38 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

Since she has me as less than a fair catch, does she not deserve my adoration???
How come you are less than a fair catch, she married you so doesn't that mean something?
Fido

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 04:16 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:

Fido wrote:

Since she has me as less than a fair catch, does she not deserve my adoration???
How come you are less than a fair catch, she married you so doesn't that mean something?

Means everything to me... She was just a hillbilly girl when I met her, but very outgoing and engaging... She is a lot of fun, knows how to have fun and makes friends easily... I am sort of withdrawn, and introspective; and in many respects, she has outgrown me... She does not read a lot of books, but does not have to... She has a nearly infallable common sense, and is clearly the leader in our relationship... I don't care... The person with the best mind should lead... I would trade a pile of my intelligence and book learning for a handful of her sense.. And get this: She is a great cook, and great to look at... I hit the jack pot... If I was her I would throw me back and keep fishing..
Caroline

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 04:19 pm
@Fido,
Ah bless you, well you must have some redeeming qualities or she wouldn't have married you, does she tell you why she married you I mean compliment you?
Fido

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 04:34 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:

Ah bless you, well you must have some redeeming qualities or she wouldn't have married you, does she tell you why she married you I mean compliment you?
Actually she has left me, and she has told me the conditions under which she is coming back, and she is coming back... She has been the cause of a lot of positive changes in my life; and I am actually more outgoing and fun loving as a result... We have both worked hard, and she always had a harder life than myself, and while we still have challenges there is no reason we can't enjoy life and have fun... And I was stuck, and she unstucked me, and I was well and ready to be jerked out of my depression and anxiety and frustration with my life... I was frustrated with her, and she was frustrated with me, and neither one of us knew how to bridge the gap and give up the past and embrace the future... Its like that line from Anni Defranco: Maybe you can stop me from ever being happy, but you're not going to stop me from having fun... Count me in baby... What ever you want to do is fine with me, as long as I get to be some part of your life and see your charming smile...
Caroline

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 04:51 pm
@Fido,
Ah I'm glad she's coming back. And I agree with what you said, live in the moment not the past or the future, the past you cant change and the future hasn't happened yet.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 04:14 pm
How come she left Fido, if you don't mind me asking?
0 Replies

bleedlikeme

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2011 04:07 pm
If you take back someone who cheats, and they do it again, Then when u break up "for real this time (cheating bastard!)" you'll find it hard to trust men again. do yourself, and your future self-esteem a favor and save yourself the heartache and frutration and leave his ass now
0 Replies

sickocrap

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 09:37 am
@Caroline,
Depending on your relationship,Leaveing is'nt always best solution,I'm still with my husband,What he did cannot change the 25 wonderful yrs we have shared together.So I stay with him,He keeps constant contact,he checks in He know he must rebuild my trust again.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 11:15 am
@sickocrap,
Let me ask you this, sickocrap, has your husband cheated on you once or more often?
0 Replies

suresh Babu Thomas

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 11:31 pm
@Caroline,
first of all no chance of forgiving as cheating is not a serious crime . if my partner or wife cheats me i will consdier her this act as wild fantasy ..basically women tend to cheat mainly becasuse of the urge to experince a wild sensational sex ..which they cannot tell their husband as females have dual sexual nature, fisrt they needa realiable partner to have in relation so they get married to a man second is that the need some new fantasies which they like to have for a brief period and from different partner.. this is human female psychology so by ahving affair with other man is not a crime .
ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 11:34 pm
@suresh Babu Thomas,
Oh, look, a new asshole posting.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 12:58 pm
@Caroline,
Forgiveness = Love = You are a loving individual.
0 Replies