How do I get this stupid rug to lie flat?

roger

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 04:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ever run over the tail of a large dog while he's holding down your rug? Trust me, you don't want to do it.
0 Replies

roger

Tue 24 Feb, 2015 05:52 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:

I don't believe it!
4 years on and that rug is still a problem?

Okay Margo, It's fixed. I just got a chair mat made from bamboo slats and it's working better than the rug when it was new. It only took five years.
margo

Wed 25 Feb, 2015 10:22 am
@roger,
Razz Laughing Cool
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Fri 27 Feb, 2015 09:53 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
If that's the case, you can drill a screw hole in the cement with a special cement drill, then tie down the rug with screws with washers to increase the size of the head so's it won't tear through the rug. There are several ways you can comiflage the screw head/washer - with some imagination.

Just adding... don't forget to use stainless steel screws and washers, they won't corrode.
roger

Fri 27 Feb, 2015 03:14 pm
@carloslebaron,
Actually, I though drilling holes in concrete and using screw anchors was a little out of proportion to the value of the rug, but yeah, it's good to consider the future. It always seems to come sooner than we expect.
0 Replies

lmur

Fri 27 Feb, 2015 04:06 pm
@alexander1984,
alexander1984 wrote:

Damp it retributive a bit, not lavation but soften (on the gage indorse) and then recording it vapid on the control using funicular tapeline or corresponding. You'll condition at lowest one different individual, to exploit you satiny it and bear it field and watertight until you get it recorded fallen. Result it until it dries, a few life should do it.

The championship of your rug has gotten rumpled in displace. Wetting and exercising it is equal exercising a tent before craft.

Babelfish - don't leave home without it.
roger

Fri 27 Feb, 2015 05:04 pm
@lmur,
I kind of take your point, but it was well meant and I sort of understood most of it. I did consider giving the red ribbon to the one that instructed me to exercise it before using it. Probably a good idea, but the darn thing was just too heavy.

About that bamboo deal; I wish I had another with the slats running in opposite directions. It would almost be like a sheet of plywood.
0 Replies

Ionus

Fri 13 Mar, 2015 09:47 am
Ok, roge, it took 5 years (you aint gonna like the bill) but I have it !! Turn the table upside down !!
roger

Fri 13 Mar, 2015 01:24 pm
@Ionus,
Darn good idea. Where were you three weeks ago when I paid cash for the chair mat?
Ionus

Fri 13 Mar, 2015 09:21 pm
@roger,
Yes, yes...but we must return to the matter of the bill....
0 Replies

saab

Tue 15 Mar, 2016 05:40 am
Congratulations - the rug problem solved.
During those five years I got rid of a couple of carpets. Enjoy the wooden floors.
roger

Tue 15 Mar, 2016 01:13 pm
@saab,
Thank you. It's still working, and since it's a very light colored wood, it marginally brightens the house.
0 Replies

AlexEverette

Thu 17 Mar, 2016 09:49 am
@Eorl,
I laughed a little too hard at that...
0 Replies

AlexEverette

Thu 17 Mar, 2016 09:51 am
@roger,
Maybe if you tried a staple gun, it would penetrate the rug and underpad enough to make it stick, but won't go all the way through to the concrete slab?
cicerone imposter

Thu 17 Mar, 2016 11:40 am
@AlexEverette,
Replace the rug.
0 Replies

margo

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 05:05 am
It's still carrying on
0 Replies

trover

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 07:25 am
@roger,
Roger, You said something about the rug going between the legs of the table? In any instance that I've ever seen, a table and chairs would sit on top of a rug/carpet. If the rug is thin and without much weight (like a floor cloth, for example), it will roll up whenever you roll your chair over it in your way or mine. If the rug is heavier, it won't---unless you just keep hitting it with the chair, because the rug is too small. Often, you can get a 9' x 12', 8' x 10' or 5' x 7' rug for $20-$30 at a Goodwill, Salvation Army, AmVets, etc. and they will be sanitized. Craigslist is a good source; I've seen rolls of the under-carpet, rubber matting/padding for softness and sound control there, too, and FREE. I guess, the bigger your city, the greater your choice, though. Check it out and Good Luck!
roger

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 12:24 pm
@trover,
Thank you, and I probably should have mentioned that I live is a very small town. What fascinated me for years is that rolling the chair towards the table caused a large wave in front of the chair. Yet, rolling the chair away from the chair produces no wave behind the chair, and the wave in front of the chair remains where it is.
0 Replies

AlexEverette

Sun 3 Apr, 2016 11:57 am
@roger,
Staple gun?
roger

Sun 3 Apr, 2016 01:07 pm
@AlexEverette,
Thank you, but the floor is a concrete slab. Actually, I got rid of the rug.