Do you make a list before going grocery shopping?

HexHammer

Sat 2 Oct, 2010 11:21 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Thanks for your interest but I think I know when to stop even though I usually never give up to achieve a goal. I'm done painting.
So 'bee' it.
Slimplim88

Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:01 am
@roger,
Yes, when it comes to shopping for the groceries I follow my list and as Roger says 'open to inspiration' but I detest it when I come home without an item on my list!
0 Replies

Miller

Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:10 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Do you make a list before going grocery shopping or do you just hunt and pick?

Do you eat at least one sample in the fruit department?

Do you buy a month's supply, a week's supply, or a day's supply?

BBB

Because of the bad Winter we had here in the Boston area, I've been ordering my supplies online and having them delivered. At first, I ordered about 1 months supply and then found I saved money by ordering 2-3 months worth of supplies, because the delivery charge is about $6.00 if you order $100 or more. If you order less than $100, the charge is about $6.00.

As far as the store is concerned, I would never test the fruit out by eating it.
Just think of the bacteria and fungi on the unwashed fruit. I try to avoid GI problems by always washing my fruits and vegs after I get them home.

Check out the fingers and nails of individuals in the store. Are they really clean? Are they sterile? Are they tainted with human waste?
Have those fingers been touching your fruit?
0 Replies

Miller

Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:14 am
The best way to save money when shopping is to make a list.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sat 2 Apr, 2011 01:21 pm
I dont do the grocery shopping, my wife does.
And I rarely go with her, she says I distract her.

She doesnt write a list, she just goes in and gets what she thinks we need.
Of course, she will go to get one item and return with a whole cart load.

When I do go with her, I usually end up throwing things in the cart that she didnt want to get or didnt think we needed.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 2 Apr, 2011 02:22 pm
One in awhile. The stores are so near and many open 24 hours so I dont care to do the work most of the time. Back when we lived in Europe when the shops were closed a lot and in a tiny town in Arizona and made a trek to Tucson once a month for Costco and other cool goodies I would make a list. Even if what was wanted was available local it was much more expensive, I did not want to forget anything in Arizona. In Germany we did not have a car most of the time and back then the shops had very reduced hours as was the European custom so if I found that I did not have something that I needed I was in big trouble. I understand Europe has vastly expanded shop hours since we departed.

No list works for me most of the time, as I am not big on picking up stuff I dont need.
0 Replies

Jesica121

Sat 14 Jan, 2012 01:25 am
Well that was very creatively made list for grocery shop. Great work.
Regarding me, yes, I make a list before I go for shopping. I generally prefer for monthly shopping of grocery items.
0 Replies

RajArora

Wed 19 Aug, 2015 05:28 am
Yes i make a list before shopping online because it is a time saving process.
0 Replies

RajArora

Thu 8 Oct, 2015 12:45 am
@HexHammer,
Yes, when it comes to shopping for the groceries i make a proper list for shopping.
0 Replies

sherrellfran

Thu 24 Nov, 2016 02:02 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Yes, it can help to manage your time and money. You can segregate your shopping list according to qty.
0 Replies

Miller

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 12:00 pm
I always make a list before I order anything online.
tsarstepan

Fri 19 May, 2017 08:25 pm
@Miller,
Buying Food
You're welcome for the lesson learnings provided in this informative short film.
chai2

Fri 19 May, 2017 08:52 pm
@tsarstepan,
Wow! I had oysters and turnips for lunch.
0 Replies