Too bad the left no longer does street theatre . . .

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 12:48 pm
because a great thing to do at a rally for any of those brainless broads running in Arizona, Colorado or Delaware would be to show up at one of their rallies, wearing a wig that is modeled on the candidate's hairdo, then to sing something when she speaks.

"Be a clown" comes to mind. It's a Broadway song, so it can be belted and it describes brewer, angle and o'donnell to a T, with or without the party!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,567 • Replies: 2
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 12:56 pm
@plainoldme,
I lived in the San Francisco Bay area. Then there was Berkeley. Street theater was one of my favorite events in the 60s and 70s. Some of the actors went on to big time theater and on TV.

BBB

0 Replies

alexanderargentina

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 06:27 pm
Got a problem and seeking help.

Who is right and who is wrong in this discussion?

According to fact checker url link shown below, what you say isn't accurate Congresswoman Dahlkemper.

Re: http://www.factcheck.org/2010/09/democratic-bailout-baloney/

Why mislead the constituency?

Dear Mr. Argentina,

I don't believe its misleading at all. In January 2009, HJRes3 came to a vote. It was commonly called TARP2. I voted against that. I did not want to extend additional dollars for more bailouts. I am also on record during my campaign in 2008 as being against the bailouts and having said I would not have voted for those either. I did not think there were strong enough controls on those. And my fears proved accurate, with the large bonuses being paid to AIG and other bank executives. I then introduced a bill to limit executive compensation (House Amendment 69 to HR1664). I believe I have a clear and concise record of being against the bailouts and protecting our taxpayer dollars.

If I can answer or clarifyy any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you, Kathy

On 9/24/2010 5:13 PM, Alexander Argentina wrote:
Hello.
On September 3, 2010 you related an article entitled:
Democratic Bailout Baloney
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/09/democratic-bailout-baloney/
I have since contacted Congresswoman Kathy Dahlkemper as the following transcript relates...
And now afterward I must admit to coming away from this matter all thenmore confused so that I am lacking a clear comprehension with regards to achieving a level of judgment which would serve as the basis for filing this away in a final mental disposition.

Consequently I ask you based on our entreated dialogue :

Does the Congresswoman have a valid point in your view?

Alexander Argentina

show details 5:28 AM (0 minutes ago)

The congresswoman may feel that saying she "would not have" voted for bailouts, and making a symbolic vote on a disapproval resolution, constitutes "voting against" the Troubled Asset Relief Program. We disagree. As we say in the article:

"Would they have acted differently if their votes had had the potential to actually prevent use of the TARP funds and cripple the early efforts of their new Democratic president to shore up the economy? Who knows? (For the record, Kilroy’s campaign volunteered that she would have voted against the bailout 'no matter what the circumstances.') All we know for sure is that they didn’t vote 'against the bailout,' as their ads claim. That vote preceded their tenures in the House. They voted not to release money the Treasury Department already had, knowing their actions would have no impact on the administration’s ability to deploy the funds as it saw fit."

Congresswoman Dahlkemper could accurately say that she publicly disapproved of TARP, but she cannot accurately say that she voted against it. She was not in office when that vote was taken.
Jessica Henig
FactCheck.org
320 National Press Building
Washington, DC 20045
202-879-6722
202-879-6707 (fax)

Well, I suppose we have a difference of opinion. He cannot know my motives, I voted against TARP2, not as a symbolic gesture as he implies but because I did not believe in it. And I believe my subsequent actions bear that out. I am not one to run from my votes or to take symbolic votes. When I believe it is the right thing to do I do it. This can be seen through varying votes. I did not believe that Cap n Trade was a good bill, despite it being pushed by the Democratic Leadership, I felt it was a bad bill, especially for our region. On the other hand I did vote for the Healthcare bill because I thought it was the right vote. Both had consequences with my voters. I am ranked the 8th Most Centrist Democrat in Congress, you do not get a ranking like that if you buckle under to pressure. You get a rank like that because you are true to yourself and your constituents. Mr. Alexander, I can only ask that you trust I am a person of integrity and am sharing with you the truth.

Kathy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Too bad the left no longer does street theatre . . .
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 12:27:28