How do you see the burning of Holy Koran by pastor Terry Jones

oralloy

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 09:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
oralloy wrote:
And if you and that imam feel like being callous to their feelings, I predict many burned Korans in the near future.

Even after we were warned about the danger that poses to our soldiers in Afghanistan?

Real bright people.

If any human population is incompatible with American free speech, they are going to have to pack up and leave the planet, because there isn't any room for them here.

As for Afghanistan, this nation building stuff is getting a bit silly. The purpose of the military is to kill people and break things.

I like VP Biden's ideas about scaling back to about 20,000 or so, with a heavy Special Forces presence to massacre anyone who we find inconvenient.
JTT

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 10:10 pm
@Irishk,
Quote:
“the leaders of the global arrogance” — a code for the United States among Iranian conservatives

and anyone with half a brain.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 12:12 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

failures art wrote:
I never said you were denying people rights. I was referring to Mr. Jones, who is.

He is doing no such thing. All he did was attempt to exercise his FREE SPEECH rights.

Sure, and the message of his speech was to threaten American Muslims. The whole of his message is "war." He is using his rights to send the message that others should not be able to enjoy their rights.

Of course, you don't seem very well read on this issue, so I'm not going to assume you already knew that.

oralloy wrote:

failures art wrote:
Your moral equivocation between a directly and aggressive provocation to all Muslims (burning Korans) with the completely unoffensive building of a community center is stupid.

No it isn't.

And your characterization of the location of the site as unoffensive is disingenuous. You may not be offended by it, but you know very well that it is extremely hurtful to a lot of people.

Park51 isn't inherently offensive. It isn't even remarkable. It's not as if the building is being built to insult other either. If you believe that narrative, you're the disingenuous one. The NYC Muslims have done nothing wrong here.

oralloy wrote:

failures art wrote:
Stupid comments RE: American stuff at Hiroshima ground zero and Japanese stuff at Pearl Harbor have only served to embarrass you by revealing the shallow depth of understanding you have on this.

Lying about me won't change the fact that the proposed location of this mosque is hurtful to many people.

1) It's not proposed, it is approved.
2) It's not a mosque, it's a community center with a planned mosque in it that now will additionally offer interfaith services.

How is the location hurtful? These aren't the people responsible for 9/11. How were they supposed to make more space for their growing congregation? They partnered with the Park51 project to use one floor out of 13 so they would have more space. Why would they move away from their community? How could they even serve their constituents if they moved away from them? The people who would be going to the mosque (now interfaith chapel) would be coming from a Mosque in the neighborhood that has been their for 30 years. So was it insensitive for them to keep their mos open after 9/11? What exactly do you expect these people to do?

oralloy wrote:

It is just a childish reaction you have when you run out of arguments.

Your concession on this matter is noted.

A
R
T
revelette

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 05:37 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
If any human population is incompatible with American free speech, they are going to have to pack up and leave the planet, because there isn't any room for them here.

As for Afghanistan, this nation building stuff is getting a bit silly. The purpose of the military is to kill people and break things.

I like VP Biden's ideas about scaling back to about 20,000 or so, with a heavy Special Forces presence to massacre anyone who we find inconvenient.

At first when I read this I thought maybe it was only a joke until I scrolled up the page to see who was the author of this post. (reading from the bottom up)

The purpose of the military is to kill and break things and to massacre anyone we find inconvenient? If I didn't know better I would think you were anti-military with those words.
JTT

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 08:23 am
@failures art,
Quote:
The NYC Muslims have done nothing wrong here.

Yeah but just to be safe I think all Muslims should be rounded up and sent to relocation camps, just for the duration of the "war on terrorism".

GWB could run those camps with the aid of "hellava job Brownie" and George would decide when the mission was accomplished.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 08:28 am
@oralloy,
A very frank admission of the numerous war crimes/crimes against humanity that the USA has committed.

There' s nothing anywhere near approaching honesty here, [honesty being anathema to Oralboy], it's only come because he has the brains of a gnat.
contrex

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 10:46 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

If I didn't know better I would think you were anti-military with those words.

He was being a troll, which is what he is (and all that he is).
oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 11:54 pm
@failures art,
failures art wrote:
oralloy wrote:
failures art wrote:
I never said you were denying people rights. I was referring to Mr. Jones, who is.

He is doing no such thing. All he did was attempt to exercise his FREE SPEECH rights.

Sure, and the message of his speech was to threaten American Muslims. The whole of his message is "war." He is using his rights to send the message that others should not be able to enjoy their rights.

Of course, you don't seem very well read on this issue, so I'm not going to assume you already knew that.

I'm sure there is some vile piece of propaganda you've read that demeans anyone who dares to criticize Muslims, and I probably haven't read it. But I'm likely better for not having read it.

He is not threatening anyone. Nor is he suggesting that others should not enjoy their rights. All he wanted to do was burn some Korans.

failures art wrote:
oralloy wrote:
failures art wrote:
Your moral equivocation between a directly and aggressive provocation to all Muslims (burning Korans) with the completely unoffensive building of a community center is stupid.

No it isn't.

And your characterization of the location of the site as unoffensive is disingenuous. You may not be offended by it, but you know very well that it is extremely hurtful to a lot of people.

Park51 isn't inherently offensive. It isn't even remarkable. It's not as if the building is being built to insult other either. If you believe that narrative, you're the disingenuous one. The NYC Muslims have done nothing wrong here.

No matter how much you deny the fact that it offends people, the fact remains that it offends people.

failures art wrote:
oralloy wrote:
failures art wrote:
Stupid comments RE: American stuff at Hiroshima ground zero and Japanese stuff at Pearl Harbor have only served to embarrass you by revealing the shallow depth of understanding you have on this.

Lying about me won't change the fact that the proposed location of this mosque is hurtful to many people.

1) It's not proposed, it is approved.
2) It's not a mosque, it's a community center with a planned mosque in it that now will additionally offer interfaith services.

Community center? More like Islamic cultural center.

There is little chance that any interfaith attempts will meet with any success if it is built there.

failures art wrote:
How is the location hurtful?

Muslims have a long history of conquering places and building mosques in places that other cultures value. Look at the way they are trying to steal Jerusalem from the Jews, as one example.

Also, the WTC was attacked in the name of Islam, and the imam who would head this mosque has said some quite extremist things regarding the 9/11 attacks, claiming that US policies were partially responsible for the attack.

failures art wrote:
These aren't the people responsible for 9/11. How were they supposed to make more space for their growing congregation? They partnered with the Park51 project to use one floor out of 13 so they would have more space. Why would they move away from their community? How could they even serve their constituents if they moved away from them?

Note that it is not just the mosque that is an abomination. It is the entire Park 51 project.

As for how they could make space, move to a different spot that is farther away from the WTC site.

They would not have to move so far that their constituents could not reach them.

failures art wrote:
oralloy wrote:
It is just a childish reaction you have when you run out of arguments.

Your concession on this matter is noted.

A
R
T

It is dishonest to claim a concession when none has been given.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 11:55 pm
@revelette,
revelette wrote:
Oralloy wrote:

At first when I read this I thought maybe it was only a joke until I scrolled up the page to see who was the author of this post. (reading from the bottom up)

The purpose of the military is to kill and break things and to massacre anyone we find inconvenient? If I didn't know better I would think you were anti-military with those words.

Thankfully it seems that you do know better. But why would you think it was a joke?

What do you think all those weapons and bombs are for if not to kill people and break things?

Do you think VP Biden is wrong to suggest cutting the nationbuilding and just focus on killing the enemy?
oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 11:57 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
A very frank admission of the numerous war crimes/crimes against humanity that the USA has committed.

There' s nothing anywhere near approaching honesty here, [honesty being anathema to Oralboy], it's only come because he has the brains of a gnat.

You freedom haters sure get childish when no one believes your lies.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 11:58 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Stop lying. The fact that I condemn your extreme evil does not make me a troll.
contrex

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 04:59 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

contrex wrote:

No, but this does...

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

The content of a "troll" posting generally falls into several areas. It may consist of an apparently foolish contradiction of common knowledge, a deliberately offensive insult to the readers of the news group or a broad request for trivial follow-up postings.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Trolls are usually sad, lonely folk, with few social skills; they rarely make what most people would consider intelligent conversation.

QED

revelette

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 06:14 am
@oralloy,
I would hope that our purpose in having a military is to preserve peace and defend our country and our allies using as little destructive force as necessary.

I seriously doubt Biden said that we should massacre anyone who we find inconvenient.

I read a distrubing report about groups of thugs in the military who really did do as you suggest, just went around shooting people.

U.S. troops accused of killing Afghans for sport
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 10:32 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
oralloy wrote:
contrex wrote:

No, but this does...

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

The content of a "troll" posting generally falls into several areas. It may consist of an apparently foolish contradiction of common knowledge, a deliberately offensive insult to the readers of the news group or a broad request for trivial follow-up postings.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Trolls are usually sad, lonely folk, with few social skills; they rarely make what most people would consider intelligent conversation.

QED

So you know what a troll actually is.

You're still a liar for suggesting that I am one however. And you do so only because it frustrates you to have your evilness condemned.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 10:32 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:
I would hope that our purpose in having a military is to preserve peace and defend our country and our allies using as little destructive force as necessary.

I seriously doubt Biden said that we should massacre anyone who we find inconvenient.

I read a distrubing report about groups of thugs in the military who really did do as you suggest, just went around shooting people.

U.S. troops accused of killing Afghans for sport

Shooting random civilians is not the same as shooting people who are inconvenient.

Osama bin Ladn is someone we find inconvenient.

The Taliban are people that we find inconvenient.
parados

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 10:59 am
@revelette,
What was interesting was one of the 3 charged was from Wasilla Alaska.

I'm not saying that everyone from Wasilla goes around shooting for sport but it does raise some questions about what they put in the water there.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 11:02 am
Back to the thread topic...
Pastor behind Quran plan may face $200,000 bill
Quote:
The preacher from Gainesville who ignited a firestorm of criticism over his plan to torch 200 copies of the Quran says he wants to move his church to the Tampa Bay area by the end of the year, NBC affiliate WFLA reported.

He's also facing a $200,000 bill for policing costs during the firestorm his plan created, The Gainesville Sun newspaper said. However, officials say they're not sure they can force him to pay.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 11:06 am
@parados,
Interesting dilemma for the police department when funds are running lower every year with revenue dropping for all services in almost every city/county/state.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 02:16 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Osama bin Ladn is someone we find inconvenient.

The Taliban are people that we find inconvenient.

First they're convenient, then they're inconvenient, first they're friends and allies then there are enemies. The word duplicitous comes to mind but that's hardly begins to describe the deep level of immorality that is US foreign policy.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 02:21 pm
@parados,
I'm sure the folks in Tampa will be thrilled.
0 Replies