Are men starting to wear Fedoras again?

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 03:17 pm
Fedora hats were born in the late 1800's, as a fashion accessory to depict the upper-class. Early in the 20th century, the fedora hat really grew in popularity; eventually surpassing the then admired Homburg Hat as the signature men's hat of the times.

The fedoras popularity soared as it was prominently featured throughout 1940's cinema. Stylish fedora hats adorned the heads of movie's most famous detectives and gangsters, including classic characters like Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca, the Blues Brothers, and Indiana Jones.

Fedora hats continue to grow in popularity today. From classic fur felt fedora hats, to summer straw fedora hats, all the way to trendy trilby fedoras, fedoras can dress up nearly any outfit.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,380 • Replies: 2
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 03:26 pm
I noticed a few young men wearing hats in England. Not sure what you would call the style but they are definitly on the upswing. I have always thought hats were slightly cool. Over here its all about national identity and sun protection.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 08:16 pm
I think baseball caps will remain as the most popular form of male hat. Whether men change over to fedoras at formal wear situations, is possible, since it has been about 50 years since supposedly President Kennedy's hatless image ended men wearing hats at most times outside. It would make for one more industry that China can take over from the U.S.
0 Replies