string theory , vibration dimensions

north

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:31 pm

the problem is though , in order to have a " vibration " one has to focus the ends of the string somewhere , much like a guitar , so where could be this tightning point ?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,528 • Replies: 6
No top replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:34 pm
@north,
Many things have wave properties e.g. light, water, sound, heat, etc. besides strings and ropes. It is this wide spread property that may have led to string theory.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:42 pm
There's only one thing I've ever heard of or heard any sort of an explanation of which is stupider than the theory of evolution, and that is string theory.
0 Replies

north

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:42 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

Many things have wave properties e.g. light, water, sound, heat, etc. besides strings and ropes. It is this wide spread property that may have led to string theory.

perhaps

but for the foundation of string theory , the fundamental properties of dimensions are based on vibration

and in order for that to happen there must be a point of minute tightness , consentration of the form , with independent space
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:46 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

Bannanas have strings, and health insurance has lots of strings... That is my string theory...
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:47 pm
@Fido,
I hate those banana related strings. They creep me out! X-p
0 Replies

north

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:49 pm

mean while ........
0 Replies