update droid 2 or x?

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 09:46 am
Why would they come out with 2 new droids at same time? WHAT IS DIFF? WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET NOW OR STAY WITH MY DROID ORG?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,726 • Replies: 3
No top replies

The Chief

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 07:47 pm
@Les video,
Depends on what you want to do with it. I am rooted and ROMmed so neither phone attracts me, as they have encrypted bootloaders and are very difficult to customize. The Droid 2 has little improvement over the original... the Droid X is larger, has more memory and has HDMI out (if that's important to you). I, for one, see no phone on the horizon to make me pay full retail for a new Android device... maybe by the time my New Every Two comes up, the Android "Superphone" will be out. I would recommend patience.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 09:37 pm
@The Chief,
You still around here? Ya'll talked me into trading in my Storm for a Droid X. Some features are better, some ain't. I have successfully rooted it and pulled some of the crapware off, etc. (I'll remove more when I figure out how to do it from the desktop.) Will probably throw a wireless tether on it for emergencies too, since it's practically free. My question is:

How can a guy know which ROM you can trust? All I've seen so far seem to have as many problems as benefits. Is there anywhere out there where they're advanced enough to let you customize options for a fee? (I got frustrated just trying to root the damn thing.)

Ps. Bigger screen is worth it's weight (and battery usage) in gold, for web use.
The Chief

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 01:13 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
@Bill: TheUltimateDroid is currently testing for Droid X and is very customizable. I hope you're pleased with the Droid after coming from the Storm if I influenced your decision! I wasn't aware that the Droid X was ROMmable. I know it had been rooted, but I guess anything can happen.
0 Replies