How do I find my biological father whom I have never met or had any contact with?

courtney johnson

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 10:36 am
@shelbydancy,
I am in the same situation.... I took at DNA test and didn't get any responses back. Wondering how I can get any information on him or his family. So frusterating!! If you find a way could you please share.
0 Replies

Doherty27

Wed 17 Aug, 2016 08:20 am
@katiegreek,
I have a similar situation except i dont even have a name. The one time i asked mom she changed the subject & i dont wanna upset her by asking again. Think my gran knows though - all she ever said though was i got my height from him. im almost 27 now
0 Replies

amber 10

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 02:47 pm
I don't know his name because I think my mother was raped...so how do I find out who he is.
0 Replies

teresadoe

Thu 29 Sep, 2016 01:27 pm
@Charlenewho,
Hi Charlenewho, I'm like you. I'm 46 and just found out 4 months ago. Mom claims to be surprised and not believing, but ultimately said "I guess it's possible." I'm afraid to talk to her about it more, partially because I don't want her to fear the secret will come out (only she and I know) and also because I don't want her to feel bad, uncomfortable, or anything like that. At the same time, this isn't going away and I want to know the truth, and I know one day my descendants will as well. Anyway, it's more about me than her, right? How has this gone for you? Have you found out a name or anything? Good luck...I know how hard this is.
0 Replies

Lebelleame

Wed 19 Oct, 2016 03:41 am
@katiegreek,
I think many go through that same problem you could always petition a court DNA testing with the man you are wanting to know is supposedly your biological father.

I am not sure how to go about trying to find out information on my boyfriend's history. His mother had supposedly pregnant with him she was suppose to been married not sure if she was getting married or was already but his family says they know who the biological father is but no one will talk about it because how he was conceived was wrongfully done his mother being raped by the friend of the one who was suppose to been his father who he was named after. No one will tell me the name of the guy only thing I know is what happened even if it was true or not and that the guy was a truck driver and was in on that weekend visiting. I wish my boyfriend knew where he came from the ones that he knows is from his mom's side and most treat him like he's outcast
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Wed 19 Oct, 2016 09:17 am
@katiegreek,
katiegreek wrote:
So now I am going to be 23 in December and I still have not met him. If anyone has any advice on what I can do please let me know.

Forget him. If he didn't want you, why should you want him?
Decent men don't abandon their babies.
0 Replies

John1948

Sun 23 Oct, 2016 06:53 pm
@morfett11,
Hi Katie
I am in a similar boat, somewhat older though. I am over 60. My mother passed away a few years ago. I recently came across some papers in what she left. I found that the man I thought was my father was not my biological father, but my adoptive father. My mother is my biological mother. My "parents" were married in 1949 and I was adopted by my new father in 1950. I have copies of the adoption order, and a picture of the man I believe to be my father. the adoption was in the Victoria Law Courts in Birmingham, UK. I would be interested if you had any luck and can give me any hints as to how to proceed. My email is [email protected]
0 Replies

Lukas91

Thu 3 Nov, 2016 06:36 am
@caesarprafg,
Are you greek? I search for my father and the date would be possible..I am german, now 25 years old vorn 1991
0 Replies

VH725

Sun 18 Dec, 2016 01:10 am
I found myself googling the question: How do I find my biological father whom I have never met or had any contact with, hoping to find the answers. And after reading all the responses, I'm glad I'm not alone. I want to take the time to pray over everyone who feels this way. I know the feeling that you have in your heart, a missing piece in your life, always questioning he who is or where he is, and have questions of why. Know that everything happens for a reason and I want to pray that someday ........... we will get the answer we've all been looking for. I feel lost sometimes at life, but I'm so thankful for OUR amazing father in heaven who has NEVER left us! He has a plan for each and everyone of us. HAVE FAITH & SEE THE MIRACLES that God will perform and reveal to you! Believe in it, believe in yourself, continue to move forward in all you do with or without your birth father. Our father created us to BE GREAT! So, no matter the circumstances I'm praying over each of you for healing in your heart, health, well being, and PEACE in your life. Know that GOD loves you. And wherever our birth father is, I pray that he is thinking of us and searching for us. I love you all, stay strong! <3
0 Replies

M8dominique

Wed 8 Feb, 2017 10:29 pm
Hello! My name is Marlena dominique, and I been looking for my father over 30 years now. I was 2 years old the last time I seen him. That was to young to remember. My mother told me that they got married, and that's how she got the last name Dominique. My father is from Haiti! But some how he came to DC got married, and had me. His name is Maurice Dominique. Don't know if he went back to Haiti. Am 39 now. Growing up with out a father was pretty bad for me. On my birth certificate it says he was 25 when I was born. His b-day Junary 19th.
My mother told me he have a brother name Charles dominique, and the Dominique's family is Royalty. Just trying to find him.
If u do 2029059458 Ms. Dominique
0 Replies

Kayla Prinsloo

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 12:01 am
I also wants to see my father but dont know where he is
0 Replies

Mayalynnn

Wed 22 Feb, 2017 02:56 pm
I have never met my biological parents . Its hard for me to know that I was adopted . I found out that I was adopted when I was 5 years old, now am 10 years old and still have no clue to who are my real parents. I'm still looking for them
0 Replies

Sharnilenton

Tue 18 Apr, 2017 06:21 am
I was sexually abused from the age of 11 an dont no who my daughters dad is im now 30 this year an my daughters 14 an im looking for answers as ive self harmed alot due to this many thanks xxx
0 Replies

LookingGlass

Fri 21 Apr, 2017 12:33 pm
@mcarthur,
Are you still looking? I'm helping a friend search for his son. The odds are against us that you would be him, but I have to turn every stone.
0 Replies

MsMitchell

Mon 12 Jun, 2017 09:03 pm
@engineer,
Hey..I am trying to find my father who I never met and only know is name is Arnold Mitchell..can someone help me
0 Replies

styliko

Wed 26 Jul, 2017 08:01 am
I am in the same boat as well. I was brought up by my Grandparents as I was told my Mum (19) was too young to bring up a child.... When I was about 4 my Mum married, I thought that was my "Dad". So my Mum and "Dad" were like my Grandparents. I spent weekends with them, went on holidays..... I was never really close to my "Dad". At 14 my parents split up... I never saw my "Dad" again...... When I was 30 I raised the question as to why my "Dad" never wanted to see me. Not really expecting to hear that he wasn't my real Dad.

The next part is all the information I know of my biologically father:

- Mum met him in 1973
- He was living in London whilst taking a year out
- He had friends living (again just travelling students) in a town not far from where I live now
- He was called Eric or Erik Cheng
- My Mum met him on his Birthday 24 Nov 1973. He was born in 1949
- He had a sister called Christina
- He was from Hong Kong, Kowloon
- He doesn't know I exist

How do I go about looking????

jespah

Wed 26 Jul, 2017 08:26 am
@styliko,
Go back to your mother and ask more questions. Be nice about it - this is likely not a pleasant thing for her to talk about. Ask to see your birth certificate/whatever is generated in your country at birth. Often, a father is named there or is supposed to be (but people do lie on these documents, even though they're not supposed to).

Talk to people who knew your mother at the time, too. Your grandparents if they are still alive, any aunts and uncles, your mother's coworkers or classmates, etc.
0 Replies

Janada

Mon 21 Aug, 2017 08:17 am
Hi my name is Janada k Lacy I'm from Vietnam n now I am here in USA been looking for my father my father is American Army police (MP) he in vn 1966 to 1972 back to usa n he born 7-20-1944 live in New York i been try online searching his name but know good but I do orther ansestry DNA and I meet one my second cousin on ansestry match my DNA but I still want to looking how to found my father please some one help me can call me 832-247-8212 please help me found my father be for to late meet him

0 Replies

Leeds MC Battler

Sat 9 Sep, 2017 06:34 am
@katiegreek,
Hi Katie Greek the exact same has happen to me love I'm trying to find my father and get answers as to why he hasn't been around my entire life I am now 29 years old and all I really want now are Answers. My name is Daniel and I have lived in Leeds all my life.
0 Replies

Jane44

Thu 14 Sep, 2017 02:56 am
@shelbydancy,
Hi shlbydancy, I got told the same by my birth mom, and am in search for my birth dad as I want to find out his side of the story. I only know his name as she will not talk about him to me. When I search I always hit a brick wall because of his name and from what I hear I may have a lot of half siblings our there. I am now 25 and would love to know what he looks like, if I do have half siblings out There? And also medical reasons. I don't know if you have had any luck in finding yours or if you know what your birth dad's name is?
0 Replies