How do I find my biological father whom I have never met or had any contact with?

leahlynne

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 12:25 am
I've noticed that a lot of parents won't tell their kids but my mom doesn't even know herself. I'm thirteen and have no clues as to who he could be. My mother had an idea of who it might have been but they had DNA tests done and everything but it turned out he wasn't it. I'm completely lost and have no idea what to do but I'm just glad that there are other people in similar situations. I know that I'm quite young but this troubles me. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I could do to find out more about him I'd be happy to hear them. Thank you so much for reading this!
0 Replies

Aeros

Wed 9 Sep, 2015 12:26 pm
@LYSSA89,
I'm in the same situation. I've known his name since I was 13 and that he lives somewhere in Washington state but that's all I have to go by. There's one possible match but to be honest, I don't know if I'm willing to disturb anyone to find out anymore. The man I found has a son he kind of looks like the picture I saw of my father when I was little. But not much else to go by.
0 Replies

Blueb1rd

Sun 20 Sep, 2015 06:59 pm
I've been wanting to meet my father for a while. I'm 15 and have not known him most of my life. I have the marriage records but my mother doesn't like discussing him. And every website I've seen you have to pay to get any information. And ideas?
0 Replies

bisibaoku

Tue 6 Oct, 2015 04:46 am
I lost my father a month after my birth. According to what my grandma (my father's mother she's now late) told me he said he left home on a Sunday morning without any trace. I was born in 1981 in Osogbo and brought to Ibadan for my christening in my grand parent house. After my grandma's death I traveled to Osogbo to search for him. His name is Otunuga Oladosu Tony or Anthony though the family surname is BAOKU. I love to see him, but all my effort for the search prove abortive. Please can you help me out.
0 Replies

mkz119

Thu 8 Oct, 2015 03:40 pm
@NiqueNique,
My name is Marissa and my dad almost shot my mom in the head while she was still preagnet with me.He has never writen,talked,or asked about me.All I know is his name is William
0 Replies

Bradman33

Mon 12 Oct, 2015 08:22 pm
Me want find my father
0 Replies

taralynn1970

Sat 7 Nov, 2015 04:19 am
I am 45 and I am looking for my biological father up until yesterday I only knew his name and that he went to prison when I was a baby. I found out yesterday his age at the time of the crime, the victim, his coconspirators the date and location of the crime and that's it. He should be around 75, I have checked all of the inmate search sites and he or the others involved are listed no where. I am posting a copy of the article and maybe it can assist someone in pointing me in the right direction. My email is [email protected]. i've run of space so the article will be in a separate post
0 Replies

taralynn1970

Sat 7 Nov, 2015 04:21 am
Here is the article:
4 Charged with Murder

In another case, four em- of a federally funded counseling service in a West Side Y.M.C.A. were charged with the murder of Mrs. Sheila Hopper, 17, of 2035 W. Roose- velt Rd., whose naked body was found Monday in a 55- gallon drum behind 7718 S. Halsted St.

Those charged are Charles Robinson, 30, of 60 N. Central Av.f Willie Green, 23, of 1852 S. Lawndale Av.; Eddie Wil- liams, 22, of 1932 W. Wash- burne Av., and Napolean Chol- ston, 25, of 1907 W. 13th St.

All were held without bond when they appeared in Felony Court before Judge W a y n e Olson, who set a preliminary hearing for Sept. 16.

Blood Stains Are Found

Police, who said Mrs. Hopper was killed early Sunday, made the arrests after finding blood stains in a second floor room of the building which houses the Mental Health Department and University of Illinois Medical Center programs.

The four men were employed in a program in the Duncan Y.M.C.A. Medical Community Outpost, 2067 W. Roosevelt Rd., a mental health counseling center. Police believe Mrs. Hopper was in the center after she disappeared Saturday night. Her body had three bullet wounds in the head and three farge gashes on the fore- head. Police believe she was killed when she resisted sexual molestation.
0 Replies

taralynn1970

Sat 7 Nov, 2015 12:11 pm
@Megski84,
I don't understand your comment. You started out saying that we don't have a right to locate our fathers, if they slept with a woman (our mothers ) one time because they may have families that don't know about us. I think that they don't have a right to go on and create a family and just leave a child floating in the wind. If i'm not mistaken this site was created for us to help, share resources, and encourage one another on this difficult journey
jespah

Sat 7 Nov, 2015 12:24 pm
@taralynn1970,
Actually, this is a generalized Q & A website and is not specifically earmarked for adoptees, their parents, etc.
0 Replies

suzie527

Sun 29 Nov, 2015 11:52 pm
I am 40 yrs old and I've never met my dad, dont any info about him because my mother died when I was 5.. 6 yrs ago I almost died and then I realized I wanted to meet him and I wanted my son to meet him aswell. I have no idea how to find him, or how to begging but it sure is on my bucket list... I would really love to find him before I die.. and b able to meet my brothers and sisters.. i know hes name and where I was born thats about it.. Does anyone one know way of finding him???
0 Replies

suzie527

Sun 29 Nov, 2015 11:56 pm
@caesarprafg,
Where do I briefly explain?
0 Replies

Football players

Mon 14 Dec, 2015 09:13 pm
@katiegreek,
When I was born my father left my mother broke and with two kids. I was 2 when adopted by very nice people but it's time to meets this up I don't know his name but if he remembers a women named Valerie brown and my sister Kelsey please reply

Thank u
Brooklynn Windsor
0 Replies

sbrewer82973

Mon 18 Jan, 2016 07:37 pm
@katiegreek,
i am in the same boat as you i am 42 and my bio mother was 16 when she had me her parent raised and adopted me i have asked her who my father is and she will tell me i don't know she has bipolar and other problems recently i have met the man that her brothers and sister have thought was my dad and i don't know how to approach him on the subject i have been told that he deneyed it and was never seen again i was also told that my grandfather was my dad and found out he has the same blood as i do i also have medical problems how do i approach the subject with this man or can i find out if my grandfather is truly my father he is no longer living
0 Replies

andrewISHERETOHELP

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 08:16 pm
@katiegreek,
Im also in the same boat and i dont think ill ever find my dad because my mom died when i was nine ,but i wish yu the best of luck finding him
0 Replies

SloveM

Sun 7 Feb, 2016 03:45 pm
@lifeslove001,
Where are you from?
renee1965

Tue 8 Mar, 2016 02:41 pm
@katiegreek,
I found my fathers name after getting a new SS card. So you may try that.
0 Replies

renee1965

Tue 8 Mar, 2016 02:43 pm
@SloveM,
virginia
0 Replies

Celestecorona363

Fri 11 Mar, 2016 08:27 pm
@katiegreek,
I'm 17 almost 18 . I found out my "dad" wasn't my real dad when I was in 3rd grade when my mom was arguing with my step dad and I overheard their conversation . My mom doesn't like talking about my real dad. I only know his first name if what she told me is the truth.I was wondering if you had any news on finding your dad?and if so how you found him?what sources did you used ...if I not been so noisy right.!thank you!
0 Replies

MichealOwen97

Tue 22 Mar, 2016 10:25 pm
I don't know my dad's name or where to find him my mom doesn't even know it it was and is still hard to grow up and not burst into tears when it father's day
0 Replies