• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 14 • Views: 6,093 • Replies: 37
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 01:07 pm
@chai2,
hmmm.

I never really contemplated Mrs. Cleaver's beavage.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 01:11 pm
Larry has.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 01:12 pm
@chai2,
it's those quiet ones you really gotta keep an eye on...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 01:12 pm
Why thank you, Eddie. Are you . . . uh . . . staying for dinner?
chai2

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 01:13 pm
@Setanta,
That depends.....is Ward away on business?
George

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 01:19 pm
@chai2,
What the heck was Ward's business anyway?
chai2

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 01:19 pm
@George,
Without looking.....he was an accountant.
George

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 01:21 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
Without looking.....he was an accountant.

Without looking?
Sounds like my kind of accountant.
chai2

Ah, here we go...

What did Mr. Cleaver do for a living?

Again, the produces decided to keep this one a secret too. Ward works in downtown Mayfield. Ward’s main job seems to be writing a lot of reports. He has a secretary, and sometimes records into a dictating machine. Ward mentions the "the Thompson deal" and "the Miller audits". There is a branch office in Mexico City, and a main office in New York. Ward attends sales meeting and works with the company’s marketing department. Occasional, Ward travels to a company conference.

Some speculate Ward is was an Accountant. This would be a logical deduction, but certainly not foolproof.

A LITB fan wrote to me: " I believe he was an executive in either a construction or an architectural firm, .... first, he was in the SeeBee's, so he would have had a background in construction, second, in one episode before being interrupted by a call from June he was heard reading the riot act on the telephone to what seemed to be a contractor (project was behind schedule), third, in an episode during which Ward was looking at old pictures from his service days he commented on one of the guys: "Would you believe he's now the best architect in Chicago?" .... now while that could be interpreted as rhetorical, an argument could be made that Ward would know how good the guy was because he had a knowledge of the business .... while individually these clues are not overly compelling, I believe together they provide a reasonably good argument"

0 Replies

Setanta

@George,
According to Wikipedia (what a buncha know-it-alls!):

Ward is a farmer's son and hails from Shaker Heights, an actual location in Ohio which also has a suburb called Mayfield. Ward attended a prep school, is a veteran of World War II (having served as a surveyor in the Seabees), a State college graduate (majoring in Philosophy),[1] a responsible white collar professional, and an upstanding citizen. Ward met his future wife, June Evelyn Bronson, when they were teens. The two dated and went to State college together. They married and became the parents of two sons, Wally and Theodore (a.k.a. "The Beaver").

AND

Ward is an archetypical white collar, brief case-toting professional of the 1950s. It was revealed in Season 3, Episode 19 that Ward works for a trust company under Mr. Anderson. He wears a business suit, works in an office with a view of a metropolitan area, has a secretary named Grace, leaves home early in the morning and returns in the early evening. He works for a "big company" with main offices in New York City. He drives to work in his Plymouth unless June needs the car during the day for a specific errand. He is home on weekends for golfing at a local country club. Occasionally, Ward is required to do some office work at home. In one early episode, for example, he works at home on a women's marketing survey. His co-worker is Fred Rutherford, a smug, pompous man who refers to the workplace as "the salt mine."
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 01:23 pm
Holy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 01:30 pm
What did Mr Haskell do?
roger

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 01:32 pm
@George,
Usually, they want their lawyers to be young and agressive. Accountants are supposed to be creative.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 01:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

What did Mr Haskell do?

Mrs. Haskell -- with unfortunate results.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 01:40 pm
Ward Cleaver once remarked that "[Eddie] is so polite, it's almost un-American".
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 01:41 pm
http://www.puerariamirifica.com/videos/anti-sagging/anti-sagging&firmness-breast-care.htm
LionTamerX

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 02:29 pm
Mares eat goats, and does eat goats, and little clams go divy.
Mame

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 04:10 pm
@LionTamerX,
No, no, no... it's:

mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy
A kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?

Mares ee dose and does ee dose and lidllams eedivy
a kiddleed ivey too, wooden you?
Reyn

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 04:14 pm
@Mame,
C'mon, say it fast three times in a row. I dare you! Laughing