Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 01:26 pm
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 09:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 09:31 pm
@Phoenix32890,
As usual, I cannot see what song or video you are pointing to, Tsar.
You know I can't see it - why would you mind just giving a title?

I did not hear rock music played loud much at all, not excruciatingly loud, nor jazz facing stage that much. Some, but I doubt those as causes.

Anyway, UNM agrees I need hearing aids (it's something like 35 years since I first noticed tinnitus) I was instructed to get aids more than a decade ago, but couldn't afford them..

This is via medicaid. Meantime, my hearing is great dollups worse (not that is related to hearing aid use, I doubt that)

I expect to have giant problems, having house sounds roar at me.

We'll see.

The appointment for agreed on need consult is January 3.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 09:56 pm
We'll see if I can beat the senior van. There is a small amount of time to sign up, since you don't get to sign up before or after, just at the moment.

I once lost out, oh never mind.

chance is that I won't get there.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 03:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHosAyfhSpA
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 04:51 pm
Ah well. I lost out, had the tests, hearing much worse (which I knew, what?) and they set me up for an interview re which hearing aids, the different types, that recommended for me, with print outs. I found out mid interview that I didn't qualify, I had the wrong medicaid. Who knew there was a wrong medicaid? I went through the tests after seeing on a state site re new mexico medicaid that they paid for hearing. So, past learning that, $2400. could get me some helpful aids.

I said, once I found out, are you going to charge me for all this? Everyone I talked with there knew I was pleased to get hearing aids after all these years because I was accepted to medicaid. The interviewer said no.

I got a notice of a bill (not a bill), but nothing after that. Tap on wood.

Disappointing, but no worse than before, eh?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2018 01:36 pm
Today has to be one of the worst days (symptom wise) I've had in awhile. Definitely one of the worst to happen during a work day I can remember.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2018 01:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
As a fellow tinnitus sufferer you have my sympathy. The ringing never stops except when sleeping. I've tried everything to no avail.

I've often thought if anything is going to drive me over the edge it will be this tinnitus.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2018 05:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
Tsar, this has likely been mentioned before, but I understand that playing the note you hear in your ear can lessen sensitivity for a while.

That’s the only treatment I’ve heard of, except the usual stress management, not focusing on it etc

I have had it since I was fourteen,but it doesn’t really bother me as it is pretty low level.

I have inherited progressive early deafness and it’s likely a manifestation of my auditory nerve degenerating.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 10:28 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

That’s the only treatment I’ve heard of, except the usual stress management, not focusing on it etc

Thanks Lady Bunny. If I was fortunate enough to work with a nap room, that would have ultimately have helped that day. I was unusually tired that day and that exacerbated the ringing. Usually at work, my only outlet is to watch a Youtube or Netflix video or listen to music on Spotify to take my focus off of it and that tends to work as the ringing just fades into background noise. That day, I found it extra hard to focus on very much given the circumstances and a very slow day at work did not help provide any other distractions.
dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2018 02:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
Hope it doesn’t hit you that badly again
0 Replies

foothillanesthesia

Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2019 03:06 am
@tsarstepan,
I wear a hearing aid for a different reason, but don't think it would help a bit.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2022 12:44 pm
More than 1 billion young people could be at risk of hearing loss, a new study shows
Quote:
"It is estimated that 0.67–1.35 billion adolescents and young adults worldwide could be at risk of hearing loss from exposure to unsafe listening practices," according to the study, which was published in BMJ Journal on Tuesday.

Recommended noise limits are no more than 85 decibels throughout a 40-hour week. Young people from ages 12 to 35 using devices such as MP3 players and cellphones, actively listened to content at 105 decibels, while the average noise level at entertainment venues was 104 to 112 decibels.
0 Replies

snakeyes

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2023 08:08 pm
I have tried any exercise I could find and nothing helped my tinnitus issue is any one else experiencing the same thing?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2023 08:14 pm
@snakeyes,
I've found only limited success with a sound machine - great for sleeping and waking up with the tinnitus lessened for a few hours. My hearing aids also have a tinnitus circuit that works well, as long as I have the aids on.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2024 04:44 pm
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2024 07:05 pm
It may be true.
0 Replies