interview ar Burger King

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 11:12 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Just don't make the mistake of trying to make your boss and co-workers your friends. They are fellow employees, not friends. Any friendship effort should be conducted outside the business establishment and not during work time.

Be cordial, energetic and attentive. Study the job description and standards of performance for your assigned station and do your best to comply and exceed standards when you can. During your training sessions, ask lots of questions if something isn't clear or you need to know more about the chain of steps executed before and after yours to better understand where your station fits in the big picture.

If you end up working an order/cashier station, Burger King prides themselves on their ability to customize burger orders for each customer so be sure you listen carefully and give the customer time to add any preferences before assuming you know what and how they want it. If you need to, repeat it back to them to confirm you have it correct.

Good luck with the new job, DD. Do me a favor? This time if you have some issues to air or want advice on how you should react to something, post here before you make any impulsive decisions like quitting the job. Think of all the grief you could have saved yourself if you'd done that the last time.
dirrtydozen22

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 08:43 am
@Butrflynet,
Thank you. I'll definitely do that.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 03:19 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Quote:
A week is too short to judge anyone, IMHO.

Once again it's not about what YOU think about the timeframe to assess workers. You need to grasp it's their game and THEY make the rules.
djjd62

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 03:24 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Quote:
A week is too short to judge anyone, IMHO.

Once again it's not about what YOU think about the timeframe to assess workers. You need to grasp it's their game and THEY make the rules.

you sir, are correct
Green Witch

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 03:26 pm
@djjd62,
We're all just here for the ride...

http://www.ulsterprints.com/photogallery/Titanic%201.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 03:29 pm
@Green Witch,
Oh, wait, is that Mary or Elizabeth?

Quickly on Wiki, neither -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Ocean_liners_with_four_funnels

Q. Mary and Q. Elizabeth were told apart in my childhood by the stacks, but it was two or three.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 03:36 pm
@ossobuco,
It's The Titanic.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 03:36 pm
@ossobuco,
Back to dirrty and her new job -

good luck. This one seems to me like a serious test. Hang in there, and please listen to what butrflynet has said.
dirrtydozen22

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 02:44 pm
@ossobuco,
I defintiely will. I won't make the same mistakes
0 Replies