Feeling Lonely without my husband

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 01:28 pm
I don't know what's going on. I love my husband with ALL my heart and he completes me and we have a sweet son together. He went back to college and that's where he's been for the last 3-4 months. I miss him like crazy and I want him home so bad. We talk everyday but it feels like somehow that's not enough. I ran into this chat room today and I found myself wanting to have an internet thing with someone and I feel so bad about it. I don't how to take this loneliness anymore.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 3,771 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 01:31 pm
@onewoman,
Can you visit your husband? Can he visit you? There are weekends and holidays -- school does not go on every single day. Do you talk at night? Text? What about Internet chat or Skype with your husband?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 01:32 pm
@onewoman,
onewoman wrote:

I don't know what's going on. I love my husband with ALL my heart and he completes me and we have a sweet son together. He went back to college and that's where he's been for the last 3-4 months. I miss him like crazy and I want him home so bad. We talk everyday but it feels like somehow that's not enough. I ran into this chat room today and I found myself wanting to have an internet thing with someone and I feel so bad about it. I don't how to take this loneliness anymore.

I can imagine! I have a few friends who (husband and wife) spend months apart due to business. I don't know how I could stand it either!

Hang in there.... and feel free to vent here all you like. Welcome to A2K.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 05:41 pm
One - find someone to watch baby and go to see him.

How far away is he?

Why can't he get married quarters?

You must spend this energy finding a way to be united with your husband instead of being on chat groups.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2010 09:59 am
@onewoman,
Now granted we were not married at the time, but my future husband lived across the country from me when we were first dating. I would make long emails with pictures and cute sicking crap like that and send to him. I'd daydream about him.

I was also busy with work which did help me - is there something constructive you can get involved with? Are there any other moms around you that you can hang around with and talk? Any other outlets for your free time - reading, or painting, etc.

You are going to still miss him, but maybe you could come up with something you can do for him - to surprise him when he comes home.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2010 10:39 am
@onewoman,
I feel for you. Why don't you hang out with us when you're feeling lonely?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:23 am
I spent 6 years working away from home during the week. Of course I got to see my wife and family at the weekends so my situatiion is not really comparable to yours.

I do think you need to find a way to spend some time with your husband otherwise the bonds that couples form slowly begin to erode.

Fantasy is ok as well as long as you REALLY understand the difference between fantasy and reality and where the line is drawn.

As pan said hang out here when you feel lonely or want some contact. There arn't many times of the day when there isnt someone online.

0 Replies