A Little Advice about Montreal Travel, Please.

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 08:49 am
Anyone know a nice 3-4 star hotel within easy (preferably walking) distance to the Montréal Botanical Garden? Ambience counts, no Motel 6 or Red Roofs. I would also love some restaurant recommendations or anything else you can think of that might be of interest to do in the area.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 4,965 • Replies: 7
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 03:08 pm
@Green Witch,
My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton El Centre (4 stars); a very nice hotel within walking distance from old town and the botanical garden (about 2.5 miles), but more or less centrally located for good tourism. Many nice eating place in Montreal. I believe one of my favorites was not far from our hotel. I'll try to find a picture and post it later today.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 03:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks CI, I like Sheratons. Restaurant recommendations would be most welcome. One day, in the not too distant future, I want to pick your brain for some suggestions for South America.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 03:20 pm
@Green Witch,
This is the type of place I enjoyed in Montreal:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/img353.jpg

Feel free to "pick my brain" even though it's a bit rusted now.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 03:21 pm
@Green Witch,
Check with George too, Greenie. He goes to Montreal a lot.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 03:22 pm
@Green Witch,
Check with George too, Greenie. He goes to Montreal a lot, and probably hasn't seen this thread.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 03:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Looks good to me. Do you remember the name? I see something B??? Cafe on the sign. There was more than Sheraton in Montreal, but it looks like you must have stayed at Le Méridien Versailles based on location.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 03:43 pm
@ossobuco,
I''ll give George a wave if he doesn't show up soon. I've got a few weeks to get this together.
0 Replies