Hey, Can A Woman "Ask To Get Raped"?

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 09:35 pm
@firefly,
You, Glitter and Hillary, all trying to laugh it off in the last week, all failing.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 11:54 pm
Pretenders’ Chrissie Hynde: No regrets about rape comments

Quote:
Pretenders singer and songwriter Chrissie Hynde has no regrets. At least about her much-attacked comments on rape in an interview published last weekend.

“They’re entitled to say whatever they want,” she told The Washington Post on Thursday about her critics. It was her first phone interview since the furor. “Do I regret saying it? I don’t know. I haven’t really thought about it.”

Hynde, 63, whose memoir “Reckless: My Life as a Pretender” arrives in bookstores Tuesday, said she doesn’t read things written about her.

“I’ve just had some e-mails from friends saying, ‘Do you want to hide at my place?’ ” she said.

After a little resistance, Hynde, who released her first Pretenders album in 1980, listened as the Sunday Times paragraph that sparked the controversy was read to her, a statement that ends with her saying, “If you don’t want to entice a rapist, don’t wear high heels so you can’t run from him.”

“Sounds like common sense,” she said Thursday.

But what about people who were offended?

“If you don’t want my opinion, don’t ask me for it,” she said.

OMG! PERFECT!

She paused.

“At the moment, we’re in one of the worst humanitarian crises in our lifetime,” she said. You see that picture of “a Turkish policeman carrying the body of a 3-year-old boy who got washed up on the shore. These are the heartbreaking images we have and we’re talking about millions of displaced persons and people whose families have been destroyed and we’re talking about comments that I allegedly made about girls in their underwear.”
The reason we’re talking about rape at all is because of what happens with you and that biker gang. They take you into a kind of abandoned building, and you’re effectively raped.

“I would say there was an element of sexual assault, but frankly, if you go into the club house of the world’s most notorious bikers, it’s not going to be for a Bible reading.”

But you also have a second situation where you’re hitchhiking and you get drugged and end up naked in this guy’s place not really knowing what’s happening.

“But I knocked on the guy’s car door and said, ‘Can you give me a lift?’ to a stranger. What was I thinking?”

Fair enough, but on a basic level, I feel bad reading about what happened when you were younger. You have a daughter. I have a daughter. I don’t want her in that house with those bikers.

“I know, but most people aren’t as stupid as me. I wouldn’t expect most people to do some of the stuff I did. But then again, most people don’t get to be a rock star, either. We have to walk the plank. I don’t think that’s a sign of intelligence, I don’t know what it is a sign of. I’m not saying I was asking for it. It wasn’t the same as walking down a street in the middle of a nice evening and somebody dragging you into a bush with a knife in your throat.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/goingoutguide/music/chrissie-hynde-no-regrets-about-rape-comments/2015/09/03/de321e0c-5277-11e5-8c19-0b6825aa4a3a_story.html

Nonononono....this is not how the script we are supposed to read goes...
Builder

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2015 11:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
Where's your context here, Hawk?

A rock star fesses up about mistakes she made?

You're trolling this board in general terms, and when you get your arse handed to you on a plate, you go looking for softer targets.

Hero sandwiches aside, there's nothing heroic about your routine. Your modus operandi is to attack defenceless females. Grow up, chum.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2015 11:34 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
Hero sandwiches aside, there's nothing heroic about your routine. Your modus operandi is to attack defenceless females. Grow up, chum.

The problem with being so clueless on one subject is that your opinion on all the other subjects becomes worth less.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 12:05 am
@hawkeye10,
So we have one woman who basically is stating, what happened to "her" was her fault.

She got into a car of a stranger.

She went into a bikers club house.

Was she at that point naïve? Thought nothing of it, as after all consent is consent?

Years later thinking about it, thought how naïve was I?

Sure yes, she may have been.

So what is your case here? That it's a woman's fault if she wears high heels, a woman's fault if she naively goes in a strangers car for a lift (when back in those days, it was 90% safe to hitchhike) that, she obviously knew one or at least trusted one guy and walked into a Bikies club as a result so it's her fault for trusting.

She hasn't told you the story of what lead her to walk into there, if she was offered to do so by some biker and she liked him, thought he was cute, thought he would just be introducing her, perhaps then asking her out.

She hasn't told you anything.

It is wrong for you to simply put a label on this as women are naïve.

Even if that was factual. More reason why they are targeted, the naïve ones, by those that have rape as an intent. As let's face it 90% of guys don't rape do they Hawkeye, they seek permission even if married.

This is really a pointless post in my opinion as you haven't checked out further facts from this person.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 12:16 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Sometimes we can avoid becoming victims, sometimes we can learn to avoid being victims, and it is a damn good idea to try. I appreciate victims how own their behavior. I appreciate people who understand humanity well enough to know that we very often influence how people around us act.

The feminists dogma on the erotic is made up of huge chunks of fantasy and also huge chunks ignorance of human nature. Or maybe they just dont give a ****, they think they can mold us into their wet dream.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 12:54 am
@hawkeye10,
The lion roars and takes his lioness. She has no say.

Opportunity, does not give a man a right to seize that against the naïve in a situation.

If only I turned left not right.
If only I had seen that car speeding up.
If only I had walked my dog on the left hand side of the road, not the right.

You are an advocate for the 60's 70's, freedom of love, freedom of drugs, things were easier, shirt we could even drive drunk back then without a worry.

In an era where we didn't have very much to fear, why then would we?

We wouldn't.

In today's day and age, more women ARE cautious and more careful and try to avoid things that may put them into a situation they don't want to be.

You could sleep outside on the front lawn in the 60's.

We still have the right to go out.
We still have the right to have a drink.
We still have the right to say no.
And, we still have the right to not expect someone to attempt to rape us, wait for us, bait us, bullshit.

We still have that right.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 12:58 am
@FOUND SOUL,
You also have the right to try to not be a victim. I suggest you take it. Let someone more stupid and worthless than you be the victim if there must be one. And if there has to be no victims so much the better.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 01:07 am
@hawkeye10,
See that's a compliment but an insult to women Smile

Worthless?

I agree on the last notation.

I don't think any woman goes out there and tries to be a victim. Manipulation comes to mind as well. False promises.

We are after all human. Elliott Rogers wasn't a victim either and he was male, yet he thought of himself very much so as a victim.

Cosby wasn't a victim "in my opinion" but I am betting he believes that he is one.

Harris thinks he's getting out any time soon, what that and wait, it won't happen and I am betting he thinks he's a victim.

Humans are both male and female.

Both men and females get raped.

None are worthless "if they are true victims" and not a figure of their imagination or sick mentally.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 05:11 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
The problem with being so clueless on one subject is that your opinion on all the other subjects becomes worth less.

That's finally dawned on you has it? You were never clueless about just one subject though. Your incomprehension is comprehensive.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 07:19 am
@Builder,
Wish I could have given that five or six thumbs up.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 05:50 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
We still have the right to go out.
We still have the right to have a drink.
We still have the right to say no.
And, we still have the right to not expect someone to attempt to rape us, wait for us, bait us, bullshit.

We still have that right.

Yes indeed and I have a right to be let alone in my home even if I leave the front door unlock and I have the damn right to walk down the streets at 2 AM in the morning even in a bad part of town

That however does me damn little good if I run into someone who does not respect those rights.

So keep telling women that they do not need to exercise due care as I am sure what is needed are more victims who was in the right.

PS we are at a three going on four decade low on reported yearly rapes so maybe that is why the movement is in need of more victims to help keep the federal funds flowing.

After all you can pump up the numbers only so must by playing games with the theory of invalid consent.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 06:19 pm
@BillRM,
How about men stopping their raping behaviors, exploiting those not sober enough to give any sort of consent. Drunken murderers get hung. Drunken rapists need long sentences.
BillRM

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 07:31 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
How about men stopping their raping

Odd I been alive for over 6 decades and have not rape anyone nor for that matter do I know personally anyone who had raped anyone.

Footnote reports rapes are going onto a four decades low.

Quote:
those not sober enough to give any sort of consent

Not aware of her surround or even pass out ok rape indeed, but if she is high by her own actions and then picked a sexual partner that she would not do under her more sober moment that is her look out.

Adults even female adults are responsible for their own actions while under the voluntary influence be the action driving a car , getting into fights, or going to bed with someone that they would not normally do so.
firefly

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 08:31 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Footnote reports rapes are going onto a four decades low.

No, schmuck, reported rapes are on the increase....
https://larry5154.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/head-up-ass.jpg

Just a sampling...

Quote:
Police: Number of sexual assaults in Annapolis already doubles last year's total
September 8, 2015

With two reported rapes in Annapolis in less than 48 hours over Labor Day Weekend, the number of rapes and attempted rapes in the city this year has more than doubled from all of last year..

There have been 10 rapes or attempted rapes this year, compared to four last year, police said.

But the department is taking preventative steps, said spokeswoman Cpl. Amy Miguez.

An officer recently attended instructor school for R.A.D. (Rape Aggression Defense) and the department will begin offering classes for women in the coming months, Miguez said.

The department also does community outreach about safety on an ongoing basis, Miguez said.

In April, a list of safety tips was issued to the public after an attempted rape behind St. Mary's Parish and Schools.

Officers also are encouraging people to be aware of their surroundings and "think about safety" while they are out and about, Miguez said..

"Annapolis is a safe city, but not immune to these crimes," she said.

As is the case nationally, a majority of the victims in Annapolis — seven of the 10 this year — have been sexually assaulted by someone they know, Miguez said....
read the rest here...
http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/ph-ac-cn-bay-ridge-rape-0909-20150908-story.html

Quote:
County reports big increase in rapes last year
By Arek Sarkissian
Staff writer
May 20, 2015

Alachua County saw a 44 percent increase in forcible rapes last year, which some law enforcement officials said was the result of more victims having the courage to speak up.

Data released Wednesday by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement showed that agencies in Alachua County fielded 164 reports of rape in 2014, which was an increase from the 114 reported in 2013.

The Gainesville Police Department fielded the majority of those rape reports, which agency spokesman Officer Ben Tobias said was the result of a campaign toward bringing forward more victims of acquaintance rape, which generally occurs in social settings.

“Our area does have a problem with alcohol and acquaintance rapes, as most college towns do,” Tobias said. “We have tried different approaches including prevention aimed toward victims and direct messages to potential offenders.”

Tobias said one clear message to possible offenders was encouraging victims to speak up.

“Why was rape up last year? Because we asked and encouraged victims to come forward,” Tobias said. “We continue to do so.”

The FDLE data show GPD took 102 rape reports last year, which was 65 percent more than the 62 taken in 2013. The agency was followed by the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office, which took 50 rape reports last year, and 45 reports in 2013.

Statewide numbers showed a 5.4 percent increase in rape cases in 2014 and a 1.7 percent increase in 2013. A half percent decrease was reported in 2012, the data states...
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20150520/ARTICLES/150529933

Quote:

Campus Rape Reports Are Up, And Assaults Aren't The Only Reason
April 30, 2014 5:24 PM ET
Joseph Shapiro

The number of "forcible rapes" that get reported at four-year colleges increased 49 percent between 2008 and 2012. That's the finding of an analysis by NPR's Investigative Unit of data from the Department of Education.

That increase shows that sexual assault is a persistent and ugly problem on college campuses. But there's also a way to look at the rise in reports and see something positive: It means more students are willing to come forward and report this underreported crime.

"It's a good thing that more victims are reporting because they're getting the help and support they need from their institutions," says Daniel Carter, a veteran advocate for better campus safety laws.
read the rest here...
http://www.npr.org/2014/04/30/308276181/campus-rape-reports-are-up-and-there-might-be-some-good-in-that

Quote:
Reported Rapes Up 14 Percent in San Diego: SANDAG Report
By Monica Garske

Despite a 5 percent drop in overall violent crime in San Diego County, reported rapes were up by 14 percent last year compared to 2013, according to SANDAG’s most recent annual report.

According to SANDAG’s findings, the 2014 increase “may reflect the greater inclination by survivors to report the crime and not necessarily an increase in the number of actual offenses.”...
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/SANDAG-Reported-Rapes-2014-Increase--San-Diego-County--304597401.html

You really are incredibly ignorant, BillRM ...
BillRM

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 04:45 am
@firefly,
Quote:
No, schmuck, reported rapes are on the increase.

Sorry not true even those the FBI 70 years or so database of reported rapes was harm by adding in hom0sexual rapes cases and doing other changes.

Nothing like gaming the system so tracking over time is far less meaningful.but there is no reason to think that reported rapes as it been define for 70 years or so is doing anything but still going down.

It you do not care for the fact that reported rapes have been tending downward for decades force the FBI to change it database is being as dishonest as you had been over the years on this website.

Quote:

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/14/7214149/the-fbis-finally-collecting-modern-rape-stats

with standard state sexual assault laws, notably removes references to gender;

Starting in 2013, the agency now defines rape as "penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim." The new wording, which is more or less in line with standard state sexual assault laws, notably removes references to gender; ditches "forcible" in favor of "without the consent of the victim" (an acknowledgment that a victim doesn't have to physically fight an attacker for a rape to occur); includes sex acts that aren't intercourse; and notes that penetration with an object, not just a body part, can be rape.

The first set of data collected under the new standard has just been released. It's too early to draw firm conclusions based on last year's data — several states, including California and New York, were still using the old definition of rape in 2013.

But using a sample of data from 14 states that reported rapes that fell under both the old definition and the new definition, the FBI came up with an estimate of how many cases had gone uncounted in the UCR. Their conclusion: an estimated 40 percent of rapes (including rapes of men, rape with an object, and non-vaginal rape) were left out of official FBI statistics until last year.
BillRM

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 05:09 am
@firefly,
The last figures shown for 2103 show reported rapes under the old standards still tending down as it been for decades.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/1tabledatadecoverviewpdf/table_1_crime_in_the_united_states_by_volume_and_rate_per_100000_inhabitants_1994-2013.xls
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 07:07 am
@BillRM,
Already one down vote and that is not surprising as my guess is that the idea that reported rapes are at a many decades low is upsetting to the people on this system and others that wish to sell the idea of an out of control rape cult in the US.

To the point that pressure had been placed to ruin the future tracking/comparison abilities of an 80 year repeat 80 years old database by changing the standards of that database.

I can just see the headlines instead of rapes being down six percents or so from the year before , by playing games with the standards, the headlines will be rape up 30 or 40 percents so we need more laws and more anti rape programs and far far more federal dollars to fight this increased in rape.

Sadly for them by adding in homosexuals and the other changes they will only get one big jump in the rape numbers and then the tend will once more be downward.

I am sure however Firefly and her like will play that one time large phony jump for all it worth to get all the ant-male laws on the books they can.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 07:23 am
@BillRM,
Your being purposely dense is what gets you thumbed down.
firefly

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 07:50 am
@BillRM,
You really are a moron.

Rape/sexual assault is not a federal crime, it is a crime defined and prosecuted at a state level. In the past, the FBI crime tracking statistics on these crimes were inaccurate, which the FBI freely admits, because it excluded crimes of rape/sexual assault which were reported, and counted, and prosecuted, at the state level, so the FBI's inaccurate figures were based on gross under-reporting of what was actually going on at the state level in terms of these crimes.

All over the country, reported rapes are on the increase--as is evident in all the articles in my previous post. You are trying to deny current reality, you senile fool.

In the U.K., I believe that reported rapes are now at an all-time high.
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/recorded-rapes-in-uk-hit-all-time-high-31165728.html
https://mindbodyspiritualawareness.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/head-up-your-ass.jpg
https://lemurking.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/head_in_ass.jpg?w=488&h=512

0 Replies