Hey, Can A Woman "Ask To Get Raped"?

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 11:36 pm
The MIT questionnaire is here

http://web.mit.edu/surveys/health/CASA_PREP_FOR_LIVE.pdf

It is not anonymous, and it asks people to self identify as sexual abusers.

Yikes
glitterbag

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 11:39 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
The current statistics are one in four girls, and one in six boys will be victims of sexual assault

BULLSHIT and it bullshit on it face before even looking into how they define sexual assaults or how they did their surveys.

Hell I guess I could declare myself a victim of sexual abused when as a young child a neighbor girl by the name of Peggy got me to play doctor with her in her parent garage.

As I said before it all in how you define your terms..............

You are a bonafide moron. The definition of sexual assault is not how the criminal defines it, it's what happens to the unwilling victim. I can't make you smarter Bill, that ship sailed a loooooong time ago. Lets say you enjoyed this fictional account of being a victim while being humiliated by the aggressors. Well, maybe monkeys will fly out of my butt. I call bullshit on the Eunuch who calls himself BM, and also the Eunuch known as Hawkeye.
firefly

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 11:46 pm
Good article.

Quote:
No, liberals haven't 'brainwashed' you. Yes, you can be drunk and have sex

It's impossible to debunk the myths of sexual assault when conservative 'experts' prop them up without any facts
Jessica Valenti
theguardian.com, Thursday 22 May 2014

One of the difficult things about trying to battle rape is the sheer number of myths there are about sexual violence - how often it happens, what actually constitutes sexual assault, and how much responsibility the victim has (hint: it's none). Lucky for me, though, a writer at the conservative free-for-all National Review Online has taken it upon herself to perpetuate almost every myth there is about rape in one handy, horrible article. Hurrah!

AJ Delgado's "Crying Rape" reveals just how tenuous her argument is right at the outset, in her sub-headline: "Is there really a rape epidemic? Probably not." Probably. *Shrug*?

Delgado writes that, "decades ago", rape victims were shamed and not believed, but today – in that glorious utopia where rape victims are constantly supported, always believed and never, ever shamed - the work of misguided feminists has led to "loosened standard for arrests in rape accusations". Amazingly, these supposed loosened standards have resulted in a whopping 10% of reported rapes leading to an arrest (60% of sexual assaults are not reported), and a tremendous, gargantuan 3% of rapists ever spending a day in prison. Tell me about standards again?

The definition of rape is also too broad, Delgado says, despite the very specific definition that the FBI recently created to debunk any misconceptions.

But here's what Delgado is most concerned about: that "prominent scholars and activists" define rape as any sex had after drinking alcohol. Who is making this extreme argument? We don't know. Despite their "prominence", Delgado fails to point out one scholar or activist actually saying such a thing. (Now, I'm sure you could find some radical individual who would argue that anything but sober sex is rape - but don't point me to a Tumblr and tell me it's policy.)

"Admittedly, I am no scientist," Delgado says - don't worry, we could tell - "but I am fairly certain that a statistically significant amount of sex – including very enjoyable sex – happens under the influence of alcohol. But by the liberal definition of my generation, I have been raped. Multiple times."

This lie – that anti-sexual assault advocates and feminists somehow believe any sex that involves drinking is rape – is an oft-repeated one, so let me set the record straight: yes, you can be drunk and have sex. What feminists tend to advocate for is enthusiastic consent - the belief that consent is the presence of a "yes", not just the absence of a "no". Throwing a few back doesn't mean you can't enthusiastically say yes to sex.

We're all adults here, and it's not difficult to tell when someone is too drunk to make a decision. A half muttered and barely coherent "yes" by a half-passed out person? No. A buzzy, happy, "rip my clothes off"! Yes. Let's not pretend we don't know the difference. Because rapists sure do.

The myth that drunk men "accidentally" go over the line with women has been thoroughly debunked by multiple studies.

Research from Dr David Lisak shows that predators consciously and with ill-intent use alcohol as a weapon to incapacitate their victims. That our society is less likely to believe a rape victim who was drinking – well, that's just icing on the cake for a rapist: it makes him a lot less likely to get blamed, let alone arrested or brought to trial.

Another recent study showed that men who attack drunk women know exactly what they're doing – there is no "he said, she said" sort of misunderstanding. As Kate Graham, lead researcher and a scientist at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health and the University of Toronto, told NPR:

If you walk through a bar and grab a woman's breasts and then disappear into the crowd, that's probably not a misunderstanding ... you don't actually think that she wants you to do that. ... The lines really aren't that blurred.

Yet despite the preponderance of evidence to the contrary, Delgado writes that American women are being "brainwashed" into believing that they've been raped. (I would like to invite Ms Delgado to repeat this in person to a room full of rape survivors.)

Delgado also believes that the rising number of reported rapes on college campuses are evidence of this brainwashing, snarkily remarking that "there has not been this number of criminals running amok since England colonized Australia." Had Delgado done her homework, she would know: only 4-8% of the US college male population consists of rapists, but they just happen to rape a lot - an average of six victims over the course of their college career. And thanks to armchair rape "experts" like Delgado, they enjoy a tremendous amount of freedom and support - from a media that blames victims, a court system that humiliates those who come forward, and a society that overwhelmingly believes perpetrators.

When men make the kind of argument Delgado does - bending over backwards with no evidence or research - to say that rape really isn't that big a problem and that what women call assaults aren't assaults at all, I generally advise women not ever leave themselves alone with them. Someone who has such a stake in arguing that rape doesn't happen makes me nervous.

When women say these things, though, I think about how selfish they are. Because the only reason I have ever been able to come up with – for why women would ignore facts, science and the experience of so many rape survivors – is that they believe victim-blaming will keep them safe. If only "bad" women get raped, then they don't need to worry about getting attacked themselves.

No matter the motivation, however, it's all just wrong. Wrong on facts, wrong on policy, wrong on feminism. It's too bad, because there are lot of us trying to make it right.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/series/jessica-valenti-column

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 11:51 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
The definition of sexual assault is not how the criminal defines it, it's what happens to the unwilling victim

Criminal? You mean I was a criminal at age eight or ten when Peggy who unlike myself came from a large family with older brothers and sisters and therefore far more of a "woman" of the world called me into her parents garage to play doctor?

So such child sexual play is a crime and the one who must be guilty is the one with the penis?

As I said it all depend on how you define your terms.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 11:52 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
This seems to be supporting your position (s) Hawkeye.

1) cookbook law does not work. we need trained people in they system and we need to let them do their work.

2) zero tolerance does not work. We are not trying to raise abused dogs here, we are trying to raise humans

3) those who are abused with think twice about turning their abuser into the state for abuse, either for emotional reasons or more practical ones (like he pays the bills)

4) the feminist state cooperative often does stuff acting like it knows that it is the best way, and only years later when it turns out to not work do we find out that the "solution" had been implemented with either no or very thin evidence that it might work. ( not really in this piece, but mandatory arrest laws were never studied before all of the states were told to enact them)

Quote:
Mandatory arrest laws may have once seemed necessary to draw attention to the growing domestic violence problem in the United States. However, in recent years, it has become clear that these laws have failed not only to provide victims with greater protection but led to more victim arrests by police unable to make discretionary decisions based on probable cause.
What mandatory arrest laws do in cases where there actually is a victim is remove control of the situation from the victim. It is a victim minder initiated reabuse of the victim.

The road to hell was paved with good intentions. Good intentions are not a legit excuse for bad public policy and/or laws.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 11:54 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I call bullshit on the Eunuch who calls himself BM, and also the Eunuch known as Hawkeye.

you realize that being overly emotional as well as vindictive is normally called a feminine flaw, correct?

You might work on that.
Builder

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 11:58 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Hi builder, I don't know if you have met our resident sleaze balls, but they call themselves Hawkeye and BillRM, I suspect that they are currently serving time somewhere and managed to get access to a computer. I suspect that they are on a sexual predator list, lets hope they transfer their status to anyplace they may relocate. Really, I think it's the least they can do to give parents a heads up, some folks are determined to protect their children, AND put creeps like them back in solitary. Rapists and Child Molesters need to hide in prison and not call attention to their sick MO. even murderers look down on rapists and kiddy molesters, they don't last long, and sometimes they are not alive when their sentence is completed. I would call that hard cheese.

I was a regular here a while back. Went travelling. It was about the time when MsOlga departed from this board. I recall Bill's strangeness, but I don't think I had much to do with Hawk. Mostly stuck to the Aussie threads on here. Pretty quiet without the lively Miss Olga's input.

I'll relate a little episode about an Australian board, now defunct, where a supposed music teacher was ranting and raving about how girls are sexually active in the womb, and child sex has always been practised, but the prudes deny it. His raves actually drew the attention of the fed police, and caused all sorts of dramas for him, and his family, and the owner of that board, who I guess was supposed to do his own housework on his own bulletin board.

Interesting times. I wonder if these fellas here are being watched. The NSA most certainly would have some data on every regular on this board.

Builder

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 12:00 am
@hawkeye10,
Hawk. Your "unified theory"?

I'm still waiting for it.
BillRM

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 12:11 am
@hawkeye10,
Interesting link Hawkeye and my bet is that some of the guys at MIT are wishing they was back in the days when 99 percents of the students was males.

Back in my days as a engineering student at the UM the campus have plenty of women but only one repeat one female engineering student in the whole engineering school.

Added to that the engineering students was not well love or regarded by the rest of the students body.

When the university agree to shut down for a day due to the loud demands of the students to honor the people lost at Kent State on college campuses nationwide we told the administration that either we wanted a refund for that day lost or we should be allowed to have classes.

We ended up having normal classes as the only school that did so as a matter of fact.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 12:17 am
Another rapist who asserted "she asked for it"..."It was consensual"...and he committed his rape in a prison.

Hopefully he will get put away for life.
Quote:
Rockview rape trial: Jury finds Omar Best guilty on all counts
By Lori Falce
May 20, 2014

BELLEFONTE — Prosecutors say it took Omar Best 27 minutes to strangle and rape a Rockview state prison employee. It took a Centre County jury less than two hours to find him guilty.

Best was convicted of rape by forcible compulsion, rape of an unconscious victim, sexual assault and two counts of aggravated assault.

The verdict came after a day of emotional testimony, not only from the 24-year-old victim, but from her co-workers — the corrections officer who found her crying and brutalized on the office floor, the female officer who was called by a distraught inmate, and the nurse who said it was the worst case of employee assault she had seen at the prison during her tenure.

Centre County District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller bolstered the vivid accounts of how Best pursued the clerk in the four short weeks she worked in the prison with science, including three forensic experts who testified that genetic material consistent with Best was found on the victim, and that some of her DNA was identified on him.

The defense countered with just one witness, Best himself, whose rambling, stream-of-consciousness account suggested a consensual relationship in which the victim asked to be strangled.

Defense attorney Deborah Lux built on that, placing responsibility on the victim for interacting with Best and suggesting that the victim was crying when found, not because she was attacked, but because she was caught and might lose her job.

Parks Miller addressed that with color pictures of the victim’s injuries. Hours after the attack, her face was still an ashy purple. A week later, the whites of her eyes were still “as red as a cherry tomato,” filled with blood from vessels that burst as she was placed in a choke hold.

When Lux challenged the idea that her client had threatened the victim with a knife that was never found, Parks Miller skewered the defendant with the claim on the stand.

“What did I need a knife for?” asked Best, who claimed he had physical contact with the victim on two other occasions.

“You’re right,” said Parks Miller. “You had your arm.”

In her closing, Lux urged the jury to believe her client, stressing that he “has no reason to come into court and tell you” about the supposed sexual relationship between the two.

“Why would he say that? Be serious,” said Parks Miller, who said it was how Best could explain the DNA evidence.

Centre County Judge Bradley P. Lunsford has not set a date for sentencing yet.

Best has a lengthy history with the criminal justice system in the Philadelphia area, including various charges of robbery, rape, theft and assault. He was serving a sentence of up to 15 years at the State Correctional Institution at Rockview before being transferred after the attack.

Parks Miller said she is pursuing the maximum penalty for the conviction, but is still trying to determine just what that would be. Best may qualify for a possible life sentence as a three-strikes violator, she said.

“We are grateful for justice in this matter,” she said.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2014/05/20/4185674/omar-best-rape-trial-begins-in.html#storylink=cpy
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 12:25 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Hawk. Your "unified theory"?

I'm still waiting for it.

Like I am going to summarize my over 1000 posts in this thread because you are too lazy to read.......
Builder

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 12:30 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Like I am going to summarize my over 1000 posts in this thread because you are too lazy to read.......

So you tell us you have a "unified theory", but it's actually up to me to read your posts and make it up from that content?

Do you know what a "unified theory" is, Hawk?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 12:51 am
@Builder,
Quote:
His raves actually drew the attention of the fed police, and caused all sorts of dramas for him, and his family, and the owner of that board, who I guess was supposed to do his own housework on his own bulletin board.

Thanks you Jefferson, Adam, Hamilton and of course Franklin for setting up a government with a bill of rights where mostly even the nuts cases are protected from being annoyed by the police for such silly statements and reasons.

Quote:
Interesting times. I wonder if these fellas here are being watched. The NSA most certainly would have some data on every regular on this board.

Not a big concern to myself as there is still a constitution in the US even if the government is trying to used it for toilet paper at the moment.

If it was a concern of mine I would had posted more in the manner of Firefly and not released a bit of personal information that could be used to ID myself.

All the resources of the NSA would had not been likely to had been able to track me by my internet bread crumbs given tor and other such means. The government massive spying is only useful against the bulk of the world population that do not know how or care to take the time to protect their privacy on the internet.

footnote I can not help wondering what evilness Firefly fear as in postings many tens of thousands of posts over years and yet not revealing one small bet of personal information about herself.

My most amusing theory is that she is one of those 1960s anti-war "terrorists" that are still on the run from the FBI.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 01:09 am
The Campus Rape Myth

The reality: bogus statistics, feminist victimology, and university-approved sex toys

Quote:
It’s a lonely job, working the phones at a college rape crisis center. Day after day, you wait for the casualties to show up from the alleged campus rape epidemic—but no one calls. Could this mean that the crisis is overblown? No: it means, according to the campus sexual-assault industry, that the abuse of coeds is worse than anyone had ever imagined. It means that consultants and counselors need more funding to persuade student rape victims to break the silence of their suffering.

The campus rape movement highlights the current condition of radical feminism, from its self-indulgent bathos to its embrace of ever more vulnerable female victimhood. But the movement is an even more important barometer of academia itself. In a delicious historical irony, the baby boomers who dismantled the university’s intellectual architecture in favor of unbridled sex and protest have now bureaucratized both. While women’s studies professors bang pots and blow whistles at antirape rallies, in the dorm next door, freshman counselors and deans pass out tips for better orgasms and the use of sex toys. The academic bureaucracy is roomy enough to sponsor both the dour antimale feminism of the college rape movement and the promiscuous hookup culture of student life. The only thing that doesn’t fit into the university’s new commitments is serious scholarly purpose.
A large number of complicating factors make the Saturday Night story a far more problematic case than the term “rape” usually implies. Unlike the campus rape industry, most students are well aware of those complicating factors, which is why there are so few rape charges brought for college sex. But if the rape industrialists are so sure that foreseeable and seemingly cooperative drunken sex amounts to rape, there are some obvious steps that they could take to prevent it. Above all, they could persuade girls not to put themselves into situations whose likely outcome is intercourse. Specifically: don’t get drunk, don’t get into bed with a guy, and don’t take off your clothes or allow them to be removed. Once you’re in that situation, the rape activists could say, it’s going to be hard to halt the proceedings, for lots of complex emotional reasons. Were this advice heeded, the campus “rape” epidemic would be wiped out overnight.

But suggest to a rape bureaucrat that female students should behave with greater sexual restraint as a preventive measure, and you might as well be saying that the girls should enter a convent or don the burka. “I am uncomfortable with the idea,” e-mailed Hillary Wing-Richards, the associate director of the Office of Sexual Assault Prevention and Women’s Resource Center at James Madison University in Virginia. “This indicates that if [female students] are raped it could be their fault—it is never their fault—and how one dresses does not invite rape or violence. . . . I would never allow my staff or myself to send the message it is the victim’s fault due to their dress or lack of restraint in any way.” Putting on a tight tank top doesn’t, of course, lead to what the bureaucrats call “rape.” But taking off that tank top does increase the risk of sexual intercourse that will be later regretted, especially when the tank-topper has been intently mainlining rum and Cokes all evening.

The baby boomers who demanded the dismantling of all campus rules governing the relations between the sexes now sit in dean’s offices and student-counseling services. They cannot turn around and argue for reregulating sex, even on pragmatic grounds. Instead, they have responded to the fallout of the college sexual revolution with bizarre and anachronistic legalism. Campuses have created a judicial infrastructure for responding to postcoital second thoughts more complex than that required to adjudicate maritime commerce claims in Renaissance Venice.

Heather Mac Donald is a contributing editor of City Journal and the John M. Olin Fellow at the Manhattan Institute. Her most recent book, coauthored with Victor Davis Hanson and Steven Malanga, is The Immigration Solution.

http://www.city-journal.org/2008/18_1_campus_rape.html

Lots of other gems here....the best single piece on the campus rape crisis hoax that I have read to date. I am comfortable letting this piece stand as my position on the subject.
Builder

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 01:29 am
@hawkeye10,
Still no 'unified theory' in that lot, Hawk.

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 01:37 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Still no 'unified theory' in that lot, Hawk.

And here I was all excited that this thread has some new blood....is this the best you can do?
Builder

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 01:41 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
And yet I have facts, arguments, links, and a unified theory to tie it all together.

If you are looking for bullshit you will find what you seek at my opponents table.

Those are your words, Hawk. "...a unified theory to tie it all together."

Then you cast aspersions on your opponents grasp of the truth.

You either have a unified theory, or you're the one that has a rather tenuous grasp on the truth.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 01:41 am
@hawkeye10,
The police have got enough on their plate without "charge shopping." You really are full of paranoid crap, then again you've probably got something to be paranoid about.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 01:45 am
@glitterbag,
I think you're very brave telling us that. Ignore BillRM's response, he never misses an opportunity to demonstrate what a thoroughly repulsive piece of crap he is.
BillRM

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 02:07 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I think you're very brave telling us that. Ignore BillRM's response, he never misses an opportunity to demonstrate what a thoroughly repulsive piece of crap he is.

Well at an early age I lost my believes in the illogical of whatever nature and what little the woman had said is completely illogical beginning with a sudden remembering a sexual assault at the age of 8 as an adult and then putting in that she had many other sexual assaults before meeting her husband.

Then there was her son at the same age of 8 who she had gotten a teacher fired for some sexual misconduct with her son but not arrested as she did not believe him completely or some such.

Her words do no add up in any logical manner.

In any case, you might wish to pound those disjointed claims into something that made some kind of sense but in order to do so I would suggest bringing in a heavy duty pile driver for the attempt.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5aaABNVLaql3klRZTwTxGiCjRsksoGuWeytScBp7e3npVbFIw8w