My Tags (a2k)?

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 04:41 pm
I am new to this forum and I was noticing on my profile that it says "My Tags" what's that?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,534 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 04:58 pm
@powers3000,
When you tag a topic, you creat a 'forum'. Tag something and go to "My Tags". Now, your tag will be there and you can immediately go to all the threads on which you have tagged.

I try to keep mine general, like 'cats', 'spiders', 'community, etc. If you get to specific, like 'so and so is an idiot', you are going to have so many tags they become useless. Kind of like a yellow ribbon on the tree with the stash of gold buried below, and someone puts a yellow ribbon on every tree.
powers3000

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 05:22 pm
@roger,
but how do I tag something?
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 06:44 pm
@powers3000,
There is a tutorial thread here that will help you with this:

http://able2know.org/topic/152761-1

The short explanation is that as the originator of a topic, when you create a topic, there is a space at the end of the post you create where you can add descriptive tags to the topic.

Alternatively, as a reader of a topic, you also have an opportunity to add your own descriptive tags to that topic. You do this by clicking on the green "Add Tags" link located in the header of each topic. This gives you the same space to add tags; separate each tag with a comma.

For example, I just added some tags to your topic asking about tags. You can do the same by clicking on the Add Tags link and adding your own.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 06:45 pm
@powers3000,
I see I skipped one of the basics.

Look at the top of the page towards the left side. Right next to the thumbs is a link to the tagging system. Click it. You should come up with a box in which you can enter a tag. Try tagging this one Forum Help. If you want more than one tag, type Forum Help, followed by a comma than followed by your next tag.

Don't worry about whether you like the tag. Once you tag it, there will be an X by your tag. You can always remove your tags.

Edit to Add: Thanks BFN.

Oh, you can only remove your own tags.
0 Replies

powers3000

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 07:50 am
Thank you both for you help! :-)
0 Replies