Funniest scene in a movie...

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 10:46 am
What is the funniest scene in cinematic history?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 10,826 • Replies: 69
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 10:55 am
In the Pink Panther, where Crusoe is trying to pull a tooth.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 01:18 pm
Many funny scenes in many movies but off the bat, in "Forget Paris" with Billy Crystal and Debra Winger, when the pidgeon gets stuck to the side of her head.
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 02:04 pm
any scene with the drill sergent in full metal jacket.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 02:47 pm
In "Young Frankenstein", when Igor's hump keeps moving from one side to the other!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 03:03 pm
The final scene of "Some Like It Hot," the chase scene down the street of San Francisco in "What's Up Doc," the "put the candle back" scene in "Young Frankenstein and so many more. Can't really pick out just one scene.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 03:07 pm
Ditto on What's Up Doc!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 03:38 pm
Once showed "What's Up Doc" at a movie party in Laguna Beach and I don't know if it was because we were serving wine and cheese but they were literally ROFL.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 03:42 pm
I'll vote for the bathtub scene from "Arthur", where Hobson (Sir John Gielgud) added, out of earshot, a few wry opinions about his drunken charge (will spare those of you who know the scene its profanity).
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 04:16 pm
What about the scene in 'Up in Smoke' inside of Cheech's car when him and Chong first meet eachother?

Chong: Here man take this.
Cheech: What is it?
Chong: Just take it, man. It'll mellow you out.
Cheech takes the pills
Chong:Oh wait. Don't take those man.
Cheech: Huh?
Chong: I almost gave you the wrong **** man.
Cheech: I already took it!!
Chong: Ohhhhooohooo!!
Cheech: What?
Chong: Whooooaaaaa!!!
Cheech: What do you mean "Whooooaaaaa!!!"
Chong: You just took the most acid I've ever seen anyone take in my entire life.
Cheech: I've never taken no acid before man.
Chong: I hope your not busy for the next two months.

That entire scene in the car makes me cry everytime I see it. It's genius.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 04:19 pm
Old Yeller, when the dog dies.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 04:26 pm
Good one, Craven. I laughed my ass off at that scene.

Good to know I'm not the only one who found that hysterical.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 04:26 pm
I have almost wet my pants at the movies, but I can't say that one particular scene was 'the best'.

For me, the funniest I can recall is from 'The Producers' when the chorus line in SS uniforms form a swastika and march/dance. That is the most monumentally tasteless thing I ever saw! And I just about needed oxygen.
0 Replies

vroonika

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 04:45 pm
Well, for me the funniest film moment has got to be Meryl streep falling down a flight of stairs in 'Death Becomes Her' (to any who haven't seen the film, i'm not just being unnecessarily cruel, it's supposed to be comical).
I'm sure there are other scenes I've found equally amusing..or more amusing even but they escape me right now..
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 04:51 pm
Craven and gustav, I'm pissing myself as I type, ewww....not pretty, and a little wet.

The jury for me is out until I see Bad Santa.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 11:01 pm
I want to see Bad Santa too! I've just got to know what Bernie Mac says to that little guy after the crack about having his lips on his wife last night. The look on Bernie's face is priceless!!!
0 Replies

kenji

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 02:20 am
The mirror scene in the Marx brothers' classic Duck Soup is hilarious.

The night party scene on the train- Lemmon exclaiming "Sugar!" as Marilyn hops into his bunk, then he's scrunched up with a bevvy of beauties- in Some Like it Hot is wonderful.

The tooth-pulling/laughing gas scene in The Pink Panther Strikes Again is a good call.

The "So they call me Concentration Camp Ehrhardt!" and Professor beard-pulling scenes in Lubitsch's scintillating To Be or Not to Be are quite brilliant. Do see the film if you haven't already.

The cabin on the cliff scene in The Gold Rush.

Jamie Lee Curtis' treacherous where can he be going with that shotgun? courtroom moment in A Fish Called Wanda.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 02:29 am
There's a scene in "Uncle Buck" where John Candy goes to the principals office to discuss one of the kids...and there is this gigantic mole on her face...you know what's coming..but you can't help but laugh...Me and a friend kept rewinding that scene over and over...not great cinematic history..but a great guffaw none the less...when he tosses a quater on the desk and says..."buy a rat and have him gnaw it off" I lose it...
0 Replies

kenji

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 05:48 am
Oh and i forgot "The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle", in The Court Jester. Another oldie to check out.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 06:27 am
Two scenes come to mind.

Evolution, where Orlando Jones gets the alien insect up his bum.

Nine Months, when Julianne Moore delivers the baby.
0 Replies