Neck pain....weird dizziness when sleeping

olivia224

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 05:12 am
@JLNobody,
yea i dont think i have bppv bc i hve been to 2 ents and they said i def dont have that...but what u describe is exactly what i have...i think it is my neck def. my neck is hurting a lot right now...idk???

soo frusting

i havent had it in a while soo cross ur fingers...who knows

0 Replies

llclark

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 05:51 am
I have been diagnosed with the positional type vertigo for about 12 yrs. So I always sleep propped up on numerous pillows and can't sleep on my right side. I have also had severe neck pain for about 5 yrs. I also get that the spinning during sleep. Sometimes just as I'm drifting off and sometimes throughout the night. Usually when I just wake up and open my eyes, it will stop. Everytime I ask a doctor about the vertigo and the sleep cycle, they just say "hmmm, interesting". It def. seems related to sleep itself. My position doesn't change.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:20 am
Labyrinthitis
A prominent and debilitating symptom of labyrinthitis is acute vertigo
The vestibular system is a set of sensory inputs consisting of three semicircular canals, sensing changes in rotational motion, and the otoliths, sensing changes in linear motion. The brain combines visual cues with sensory input from the vestibular system to determine adjustments required to retain balance. When working properly, the vestibular system also relays information on head movement to the eye muscle, forming the vestibulo-ocular reflex, in order to retain continuous visual focus during motion. When the vestibular system is affected by labyrinthitis, rapid, undesired eye motion (nystagmus), often results from the improper indication of rotational motion. Nausea, anxiety, and a general ill feeling are common due to the distorted balance signals that the brain receives from the inner ear.
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/labyrinthitis/article_em.htm

This can also be brought on by pressure changes such as those experienced while flying or scuba diving
0 Replies

Futterzak

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2010 12:48 pm
@olivia224,
The other morning I was woken up from sleep because I became so dizzy. I was in the middle of a dream but was not dizzy in the dream. The dizziness woke me from the dream.It felt like my eyes were moving back and fourth and I could not control it. For the rest of the day I was dizzy and sick to my stomach and got a headache which I do not get very often. I read on line that dizziness is rarely a sign of anything serious but it sure seemed serious to me.
0 Replies

ross1000

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 07:55 pm
OMG Oliva,

I sort of have the same thing. I've had this before but it was momentary, like a realy quick rushing feeling to my head.

But today was strange. When I stand up and then I bend my neck forward towards the floor, if I leave it there for a few seconds, I get this rush/dizzy like feeling. When I bring my head back up I feel OK. Also, when I bring bend my neck towards the ceiling for a few seconds, I get the same feeling.

I feel so much tension around the base of my neck and sholders. I don't have any ear pain but I did have some fluttering in one ear a few nights ago.

Hope to hear from you and anyone else.

Ross
0 Replies

Kimaya

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 02:26 am
@olivia224,
I think you should try some of the neck exercises it will help you such as rolling neck exercise.
0 Replies

shemaine

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:55 am
@olivia224,
YES I HAVE DIZZINESS THATS WHY IVE JUST GOOGLED IT NOW ITS REALY STRANGE I HAVE IT SOMETIMES RIGHT THROUGH THE NIGHT AND LIKE NOW BEING AWAKE I STILL FEEL UNEASY BUT IT ALSO USUALLY COMES AND GOES I MUST TELL YOU THAT IT MIGHT BE DUE TO YOUR NECK AS I HAVE SCOLIOUSES SO IF I LOOK AT IT THATS THE COMMAN DENOMINATOR
0 Replies

gross

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 10:14 am
@acpdesign,
I'm experiencing the same now. Did you ever find out what was causing it?
olivia224

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 04:24 pm
@gross,
no i never found out...and I occasionally still have it and I have been so anxious for a while and sometimes I still get dizzy when i bend my head over...i think it is def. neck related...im just so beyond depressed and anxious and I cannot live like this anymore. worrying everyday about when or will i be dizzy is exhausting please someone help me.
0 Replies

gerry k

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 06:37 am
@acpdesign,
I am experiencing he same. Did you find relief?
0 Replies

rosina

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 09:53 am
@Arjuna,
can someone help me plz i have dizzy spells when i lie dwon and i have headack every day evey time i close my eyes i go dizzy and my head feels like its swelling up should i see the doctor im takeing 6 painkellers a day its been over 8 weeks now or can i get rid off it my self plz help me
0 Replies